Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 10:13 AM

14,472 posts, read 20,648,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara Vargas View Post
When my mother was 3 months old she was adopted.
Parents met and married in Delaware or Massachusetts.
Child adopted in Illinois at age 3 months.
I know very little about adoptions except with how a couple other adoptions played out involving people who asked me to help them.
That said, if your Mother was born shortly after they married and that occurred in Massachusetts or Delaware, then 3 months later they relocated to Illinois. Or it was an out of state adoption.

Do you have any clues if it was an out of state adoption, or Clarence and Dolores (Delores) made a rather quick move to Illinois?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2012, 11:42 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,926,480 times
Quote:
If she has passed is there any way I can find out. because if she did re marry ( and we heard she did) no one knows her new last name.
you can find out both those answers if you have something solid to work with. so far that doesn't seem to be the case. so she gave birth twice (three children) and gave all three to the same relatives? and this name Marilyn Schur, was "Schur" a middle name? i'm having a hard time picturing someone continuing to give birth and giving them to the same people. was there a formal adoption process or were the children just given to these people?

Old 09-16-2012, 12:12 PM

28 posts, read 38,504 times
Delores Wolfe is her name sorry about the miss spelling Im trying to see if anyone knows her middle name

Old 09-16-2012, 12:30 PM

14,472 posts, read 20,648,603 times
Quote:
Delores Wolfe is her name sorry about the miss spelling Im trying to see if anyone knows her middle name
Her middle name before she got married, can indeed help your search.
It lets you find her parents and maybe her siblings and others on her side of the family.

See if the adoption was out of state.
The parents were in Delaware or Massachusetts and the child was adopted by a couple or individual in Illinois. (?)
Or Clarence and Delores were living in Illinois when the adoption took place.

This can help determine where Delores was (or is) (or may be) living.

Old 09-16-2012, 12:41 PM

Delores Wolfe is her name sorry about the miss spelling Im trying to find her middle name

Old 09-16-2012, 12:45 PM

I know one of the three girls were adopted in IL and that was my mother and the twins were adopted by one of Clarences sisters I belive it was in IL I will check on that. My mother was adopted by Pete and Lois schur who lived in IL.

Old 09-16-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
I know one of the three girls were adopted in IL and that was my mother and the twins were adopted by one of Clarences sisters I belive it was in IL I will check on that. My mother was adopted by Pete and Lois schur who lived in IL.
okay, this is making sense now. and correct spelling really helps. trying to find the record of marriage and am not even seeing that yet. do you know who Lois is?

Clarence Rasure - Ancestry.com

NAME: Lois Kenedy
SPOUSE: Clarence J. Rasure
MARRIAGE: year - Randolph, Arkansas

i'm gathering you don't have an original birth certificate? that would give more info. on the mother.

Old 09-16-2012, 03:53 PM

yes she is the one who adopted my mother. No I dont have that and the only reason I know my moms birth name was Barbra is that I came across her some kinda of papers stating the name change from Barbara Rasure to Marilyn Georgene Schur. I know I tried to look for the marriage record to and saw nothing.

Old 09-16-2012, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thgenSF View Post
do you know who Lois is?

Clarence Rasure - Ancestry.com

NAME: Lois Kenedy
SPOUSE: Clarence J. Rasure
MARRIAGE: year - Randolph, Arkansas
Quote:
yes she is the one who adopted my mother.
what? he married and had three children he gave away, divorced, remarried and the next wife adopted the child from the previous marriage? then he married again and had five more kids? not making sense again.

Clarence Jasper Rasure (1928 - 1997) - Find A Grave Photos

Old 09-16-2012, 04:42 PM

man I need to read better did not see that he married a lois.

let me start over Clarence and Delores had three kids a set of twins Jean and Jane then they had my mother Barbara.
The twins were adopted by Clarences sister and my mother was adopted by Pete and Lois Schur when my mom was 3 months old. Pete and Lois Changed her name to Marilyn Georgene Schur.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search