Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 07:53 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,563,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcikles View Post
Has there been any study on why he calls himself Benjamin Kyle now?

Hmm.... Due to the possibility that Hurricane Charley has been the culrpit, and maybe his family thinks he died in it....

Can he as a missing person been filed as dead in Social Security?

I would check from August 31, 2004 - August 31, 2005

Also, since he is around 60, check military sites to see he if there is a possibility
According to him it was because he was found outside a Burger King, hence the initials BK, so he just used Benjamin Kyle.

Old 03-02-2009, 11:18 AM

23,896 posts, read 33,650,372 times
Dr Phil - watch the episode for anyone wanting the link again

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
That Dr. Phil link didn't show much. This is better.

YouTube - Help identify this amnesia victim!

Where are all the psychics when you need them!
Do you have a link to a longer tape of him speaking?

Old 03-02-2009, 06:07 PM

Amnesia Victim looking for Identity (http://www.wsav.com/midatlantic/sav/home.apx.-content-articles-SAV-2008-10-19-0013.html - broken link)

wiki - Benjaman Kyle - weird on the wiki page it says "This article was nominated for deletion on 6 January 2009 (UTC). The result of the discussion was keep." - why would they delete it?

Facebook - click on 'groups' and search for 'Benjaman Kyle'

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
So the haystack is slightly smaller for Mr. Kyle, which is a good thing..
Can someone photoshop an almost shoulder length perm on him?
You know, the type guys used to wear in the 80's?

Has the military been ruled out?
Was he the one that thought he worked in the food industry?

I see they are looking for a year he graduated. If he's in the early 50's, I would think 1975 or 1976. My hubby is 52, pretty sure he graduated in 75.

Do you have a better idea of how old he is? It seems people are thinking he's close to 60? If he is, wouldn't he have had to serve in the military?

Listening to him speak in the video, I don't hear much difference in the way he talks then how we do in NJ. There are different parts of NJ, those closer to NY - say in the Newark area have the sopranos accent but others don't.

Shutting down for the night, will look more tomorrow.
I hope 2009 is the year he finds out who he is.
Can't be an easy task, you guys have done a lot of work.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:54 AM

I was watching 24 last night. The character Bill Buchanan looks to me to be around Benjaman's age so I looked him up; he was born in 1954. James Morrison/Bill Buchanan link

This is all before my time, but I wonder if this has been considered to figure out his age? The draft was for people born between 1944 and 1952 from what I can see. People born in 1953 were never called.

The Vietnam Lotteries - December 1, 1969 -determined the order of call for induction during calendar year 1970 - for registrants born between January 1, 1944, and December 31, 1950 (all men within the 18-26 age range)

RESULTS FROM LOTTERY FOR MEN FACING THE DRAFT IN 1971 - The highest lottery number called for this group was 125. All men assigned that lottery number or any lower number, and who were classified 1-A or 1-A-O (available for military service), were called to report for possible induction.

RESULTS FROM LOTTERY FOR MEN FACING THE DRAFT IN 1972 - The highest lottery number called for this group was 95; all men assigned that lottery number or any lower number, and who were classified 1-A or 1-A-O (available for military service), were called to report for possible induction.

RESULTS FROM LOTTERY FOR MEN FACING THE DRAFT IN 1973 - The lottery drawing held February 2, 1972, determined the order in which men born in 1953 were called to report for induction into the military. no new draft orders were issued after 1972.

Old 03-05-2009, 06:52 PM

Quote:
This man has had amnesia for several years. He believes he has lived in Colorado, Indiana, and possibly elsewhere in the Midwest.
I started a cheat sheet from what I've read.
I should have time tomorrow to work on it more then will DM to you.

My question about the military - do they have everyone's fingerprints int he computer these days?

edit, I emailed the mod to ask if they would insert the photos you've posted into post #1.

Have you tried uploading these to your profile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcikles View Post
If I wanted to guess.

Real Estate, marketing, consultation and speaking
New Jersey - home
Colorodo - schooling
Indiana - home state
The more I read/see the more this sounds possible.
I think NJ should be explored more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDayAttaTime View Post
On another thread someone asked about Mama Leone's and one person said there was a similar named restaurant in Denver in the 1990's named Cucina Leone.

I posted there what I had found. In a nutshell Cucina Leone's was at at 763 South University Boulevard; 303-722-5466 but shows to be closed.

Boulder Concepts Restaurant Group, a collection of ten establishments in Denver and San Francisco and the owner of Cucina Leone also owns Spanky's Roadhouse, Denver Buffalo Company restaurant, Giggling Grizzly, Elroy's Wazoo's (General Manager Matt Fleming of Wazoo's in 1997) and Bella Ristorante

It looks like they moved the Boulder Concepts headquarters to CA in the late 1990's and they also razed the Big Mac in 1999 that Mr. Kyle remembers....so he might have been there in that time frame. Maybe Mr. Shipp might recognize him. It shows a PR release with Amy Fattor, Sales and Catering, during that time.

Boulder Concepts 1819 Wazee. Denver, CO 80202. Phone: 303-297-1608. Not sure they are still there but Dan Shipp was one of the principals in Boulder Concepts. Since Benjaman was familiar with restaurants maybe this was where it ties in. Maybe he was a general manager or something. If so, maybe Dan Shipp would know him and could help identify him. The latest thing I found for 2008 shows Dan Shipp owns Reivers at 1085 South Gaylord Street Denver, CO 80209
303 733 8856.

College days at Spanky's : Dining : The Rocky Mountain News (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/dining/article/0,2792,DRMN_24_861171,00.html - broken link)
I wonder if anyone has contacted the writer of that blog to see what he could do for Benjaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutleynut View Post
Boy What a story! I hope this guy has some friends around him in the life he has now.
I can say for the person who is uncertain at how no one came forward with so much National coverage, as somneone who has been in front of a TV quite a bit (mostly News) for 8 years and on the net as well I have never heard of this case until today 1-30-09. Sorry it just isn't a small world in many ways.
Also I would like to mention something that comes to mind about his speech. I grew up in Jersey, near NYC and have never had anysort of accent. My father doesn't either. Only once in my life has anyone asked if I was from Jersey after hearing my voice (he was a Mainer) and I am fairly sure it was the tone of speech rather than the accent that got noticed. Also I think I remember I heard a story of someone "waking" up in a similar way who had a British accent and when identified was found to be American who had never been out of country. I may be talking about an old entertainment show, but I don't think so. So his accent may not be as reliable an identifier as some seem to believe. It does open some other possibilities tho. If anyone knows better information on this please let me know.
What did you think about the way he spoke?
I actually wondered if he was from NJ after seeing one on youtube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
It does make one wonder - how do people just "disappear" and no one seems to be looking for them? I have thought maybe it was assumed he was killed in some catastrophe (such as a hurricane).
It's actually pretty easy.
Take someone like me. My parents aren't from the US but came here in the 50's. I have no relatives except one aunt who has a daughter I haven't seen since the late 80's early 90's. My dad is gone, cousin & aunt moved to another state, mother & siblings don't speak to me.

Possible he's divorced, might have a kid, might not. If his ex is a biatch he might not be in his kids life. He supposedly went to GA to get away but doesn't know from what.

Maybe he does not have family in the US.
As for work - people don't care about anyone but themselves.
If he is from NJ, very possible no one cares he's missing.
It's a weird state - life is hectic, out of sight, out of mind.
People keep to themselves at work.

Not everyone has computers, people can't afford TV other then basic cable.

The news stories I've read focus on Georgia, you need something wider then that.
I'm going to do some emailing once I get my info together. I do want to contact TLC and the Dr Phil show. I think the more the better the chance it will air. I'm also going to post in a few forums where men go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetasslady71 View Post
could you send the pic you posted, when i read your first post, there was no pic, all i saw was a moderator cut.
i can email it around to, i get lots of these in my email for missing persons/kids
I wonder if the mod for this forum is willing to edit the 1st post adding some of the pics

Old 03-21-2009, 07:11 AM

104 posts, read 356,198 times
bumping Mr. Kyle-he has been added to NCIC and there seems to be some confirming memories he is having of parochial school, possibly in Indiana.

Old 03-21-2009, 07:50 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,467,443 times
Quote:
bumping Mr. Kyle-he has been added to NCIC and there seems to be some confirming memories he is having of parochial school, possibly in Indiana.
How many parochial schools could there be in Indiana?

Dr. Phil's guy needs to go and check out all the yearbooks and see what he finds.

Old 03-21-2009, 08:53 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,950,644 times
There may be another possibility, that no one has mentioned.

It's possible that he did something to someone or several someones, came from a small town and they don't WANT him back.

He was found badly beaten. He has pins in his elbows and evidence of other past trauma. This suggests he may have lead a fairly violent life in the past. Perhaps that violence is why no one is stepping forward.

Old 03-21-2009, 11:22 AM

652 posts, read 1,787,725 times
Default Not likely

It is possible but not likely as the personality you are describing would have a police record of some kind. I think this personality trait would have shown itself by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post

It's possible that he did something to someone or several someones, came from a small town and they don't WANT him back.

He was found badly beaten. He has pins in his elbows and evidence of other past trauma. This suggests he may have lead a fairly violent life in the past. Perhaps that violence is why no one is stepping forward.

Old 03-21-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post

I've been doing a lot of research on "Benjaman" these last few weeks.
It has not come back yet whether there is hardware in his body. He had an xray a week ago, they are waiting for it to be read. Pretty sure he was getting his medical records as well.

He thinks he injured himself in a fall when he was younger. Some think his injuries (if there are pins in his elbow & back) could be sports related.

I have a blog typed up but haven't posted it yet. When I do I will copy and paste it in this post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search