Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 04:56 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,196,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by historyfan View Post
2013 obit for Adeline's sister with survivors listed.

GRUENWALD -- Virginia George, 83, of Owasso, OK, died Thursday, June 26, 2003 in Owasso. Mrs. Gruenwald was born April 12, 1920 in Santa Barbara, CA to Joaquin D. Ferea and Rita Padia Ferea. Mrs. Gruenwald was preceded in death by: 1 daughter, Jeannie Ann Gruenwald; and 5 sons, Virgil, Herbert, George, Richard and William Keith Gruenwald. She is survived by 1 son, Johnny Gruenwald of Sperry, OK; 5 daughters, Cleo Villarreal of Stockton, MO, Billie Mae Brummett of Sperry, OK, Jonell Chiodo of Tulsa, OK, Ginger Reed of Santa Cruz, CA and Germaine Rountree of Stockton, MO; 3 sisters, Phyllis Gruenwald of Carson City, NV, Rhoda Mae Barracco of Idaho and Beverly Beckham of Greenville, AR; 37 grandchildren; 83 great-grandchildren; and 16 great-great-grandchildren. Graveside funeral service for Mrs. Gruenwald will be held Monday, June 30, 2003 at 11 a.m. in the shelter of the Resthaven Cemetery, Sperry, OK with Rev. Louie Brummett and Rev. Jackie Vent officiating.
Good work Historyfan. I wasn't going to look any further than I did until the OP verified some info, but that's great detective work, as usual! But, no mention at all of Adeline!?!

I'm at awe of the size of her family - all the children, WOW!

At the very least, the OP can try to contact some of those people and see what they may know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2017, 01:39 AM

14,501 posts, read 20,698,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by historyfan View Post
2013 obit for Adeline's sister with survivors listed.

GRUENWALD -- Virginia George, 83, of Owasso, OK, died Thursday, June 26, 2003 in Owasso. Mrs. Gruenwald was born April 12, 1920 in Santa Barbara, CA to Joaquin D. Ferea and Rita Padia Ferea. Mrs. Gruenwald was preceded in death by: 1 daughter, Jeannie Ann Gruenwald; and 5 sons, Virgil, Herbert, George, Richard and William Keith Gruenwald. She is survived by 1 son, Johnny Gruenwald of Sperry, OK; 5 daughters, Cleo Villarreal of Stockton, MO, Billie Mae Brummett of Sperry, OK, Jonell Chiodo of Tulsa, OK, Ginger Reed of Santa Cruz, CA and Germaine Rountree of Stockton, MO; 3 sisters, Phyllis Gruenwald of Carson City, NV, Rhoda Mae Barracco of Idaho and Beverly Beckham of Greenville, AR; 37 grandchildren; 83 great-grandchildren; and 16 great-great-grandchildren. Graveside funeral service for Mrs. Gruenwald will be held Monday, June 30, 2003 at 11 a.m. in the shelter of the Resthaven Cemetery, Sperry, OK with Rev. Louie Brummett and Rev. Jackie Vent officiating.
Good.......!
83 great grandchildren.

One or more of the survivors know the sought after.

Old 03-13-2017, 07:41 PM

16 posts, read 19,823 times
Thank you for your responses Adeline Betty Ferea is my Mother's sister. However, the family was so large that Adeline was about 14 years older than my mother they also had a younger brother than my mother that died in his teens I believe. His name was Sonny. Any ways as there are only 2 surviving siblings of Adeline my mother and Rhoda which have no perfect recollection of the marriage of Adeline to the Mr. Wright. My mother said she just remembered the children but was unsure of the names as she was young her self. The older sister couldn't recall if it was a Loyd Floyd or Lynn wright of the gentleman Adeline married.
The variation in names I guess was her design to not be found. I found her ( assume it's her) in 1940 census at age 16 in Washington. With that being said my mom did say as stated in previous post she (Adeline) said she left children with Mr. Wright's Aunt or sister in Washington and was told never to return.
We have no information on Mr. Wright or the divorce from him and my cousin Candace was up in age when her parents finally got married.
The picture of kids were taken while kids were with Adeline supposedly in California.
Thank you again for help

Last edited by xtremev; 03-13-2017 at 08:58 PM..

Old 03-13-2017, 08:51 PM

Just wanted to let you know Dutra was on the front of Ferea at some point from my understanding.Joaquin Dutra Ferea is Adeline Betty Ferea's dad he was Portuguese Rita Padia Ferea is Adeline's mother I think she was of Spanish decent. My cousin Candace and I have had the DNA from ancestry done. My understanding Adeline could have had her first child between the ages of 14-16 years of age. They are believed to have been married in California not for sure. Yakima washington has been mentioned. Mr. Wright was believed to be in the Coast Guard.

Old 03-14-2017, 04:30 PM

From my mother she believes Adeline and Mr. Wright were married in Monterey or Salinas California and would have had 1 or 2 of her children there also. She has been told that they lived in the basement of Adeline's parents house during the war. Mr. Wright would have been stationed at Monterey.

Old 09-06-2017, 02:21 PM

We are still Searching!!

Old 09-06-2017, 02:40 PM

14,501 posts, read 20,698,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daliowa View Post
Maybe this lady?

Feb 1943: Name listed as ADELINE BOBBIE FEREA;
May 1955: Name listed as ADELINE BETTY DAWSON;
Name listed as ADELINE BOB WRIGHT;
Name listed as BOBBIE ADELINE DAWSON;
25 Sep 2002: Name listed as A BETTY DAWSON

Birth Date: 24 Jul 1924
Birth Place: Santa Maria, California
Death Date: 16 Sep 2002
Father: Joe D Ferea
Mother: Rita C Padia
Quote:
Originally Posted by daliowa View Post
Joseph & Rita Ferea lived in San Jose, California in 1932.

In the 1950's they're listed in Monterey; Pacific Grove. Joseph's occupation is gardener.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremev View Post
We are still Searching!!
Here are the posts that your cousin said was accurate?
Hopefully someone can take a closer look into this and find more clues for you.
Good luck and have you considered DNA testing as mentioned above by Eldemila?
$99 is a small price if that is still the cost on Ancestry. I personally know 3 people who have used it and located relatives.

Old 09-07-2017, 07:22 AM

Yes We have both done the test and so has my mother Adeline's sister. Thank you!

Old 10-10-2017, 10:34 AM

We started a Padia/Ferea page on facebook in hopes of reaching more people!! Thank you! Still on that search.
https://www.facebook.com/PadiaFerea-...3529433937323/

Old 02-13-2018, 09:09 AM

No Updates yet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search