Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2018, 02:00 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,659,091 times

Advertisements

I think it's likely she remarried. She could have died anywhere in the country and under another name. We don't even have any idea of where to look for a marriage as it could have been anywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2018, 02:07 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,529,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I think it's likely she remarried. She could have died anywhere in the country and under another name. We don't even have any idea of where to look for a marriage as it could have been anywhere.
Or she did die in the 60's like the friend remembered

Old 11-10-2018, 09:56 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,659,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Or she did die in the 60's like the friend remembered
Yeh, killed in a car accident in NYC, I think they said. Could have been that simple. However, no record of her death was found. Of course, she could have been remarried by that time and living with a different last name, but no one ever found a marriage for her either. It's still possible though. You'd think that her relatives in CT would have heard the news though if she had been killed.

Old 11-11-2018, 05:24 PM

197 posts, read 195,844 times
With regards to Mildred May Galvin's possible demise in a car accident in NYC, I could petition the New York City Department of Heath & Mental Hygiene, Bureau of Vital Records for a Death Certificate. They require a date that the death occurred. That being said, I do not have that info if in fact the accident occurred. I would qualify for a copy as I am the biological son. Since I have nothing to lose, I may call them to see if they can proceed without knowing the exact date of death. We already know from a previous post of mine that the Office of Chief Medical Examiner NYC found nothing in their records when searching under Mildred May Galvin and they pointed me in the direction of the above mentioned agency.

Old 11-12-2018, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Skin View Post
With regards to Mildred May Galvin's possible demise in a car accident in NYC, I could petition the New York City Department of Heath & Mental Hygiene, Bureau of Vital Records for a Death Certificate. They require a date that the death occurred. That being said, I do not have that info if in fact the accident occurred. I would qualify for a copy as I am the biological son. Since I have nothing to lose, I may call them to see if they can proceed without knowing the exact date of death. We already know from a previous post of mine that the Office of Chief Medical Examiner NYC found nothing in their records when searching under Mildred May Galvin and they pointed me in the direction of the above mentioned agency.
I think its a good idea. Did you ever try the social security office? They may have a file on her that's not online. You'd qualify for that info too

Old 11-12-2018, 11:59 AM

859 posts, read 705,126 times
I tried to read whole this thread throughout previous 2 days. But I have to mention that I wasn't a good reader. Because I skipped a lot of posters' comments (not at all) although it's important since you want to find someone, but it's just too much to me, with a lot of names and historical events, it's confusing. I tried to take the final result.
Therefor, I can say, I focussed SPECIFICALLY on your comments. But also there is something I don't understand in some of your comments, I will ask about it at the end.
I see you've really done a great achievement in your searching that you need to be proud of, I think even your father wouldn't have known all the info you reached to by now.
From all these info, I think you can guess or rather 'conclude' some of what you want to know about your mother.
Basically, I wanted to reply on the Roselver's comment. But since you come and shed light on this title"car accident", which I wanted to put a note about it also, it's may be better to just stay at this point for now.

According to me, I find it STRANGE that Esperanza told her daughter that Mildred died in car accident. Is it possible that this claim came from nothing? What made her speak in this way? It's not just she died, How did this idea (car accident) cross her mind? If the mother knew that there is car accident, what made her determine she died.
Her daughter mentioned that her mom was mean, and doesn't think that Eseranza and Mildred were friends. But even with this, you couldn't ignore this claim.
You can put a lot of possible possibilities that produced this claim, but all of them with NO value, since the person you are looking for is still missing. So, this claim would still be standing until you REFUTE it which doesn't happen yet .

I'm not saying to take her claim as a "Fact", of course, but you have to STOP on it in order to make sure of it. You need to be sure 100% it's false. If you are not sure 100% of this info, it's not a good idea to complete searching.

You've mentioned in the last post:
Quote:

At the Page 25, you mentioned :

Quote:
Spent some time yesterday going thru New York Death index from 1960 thru 1965 on Ancestry.com. Found no proof positive that Mildred Galvin was listed. Although there were about 5 or 6 Galvins listed with no given name attached, also no ages to narrow that category down. Does anyone know what a 33 means where the Death Certificate number would be normally listed? They use that number a lot, and usually when there is no first name associated with that particular listing. The listings stopped at 1965.
At next pages of this thread, I waited to read anything about investigating this issue, there wasn't. They were 5 or 6 persons, even if it were just 1 person, there is a possibility to be she, you need to inquire about this.

If it's mentioned their "gender", you can narrow that category down by omitting "males".
If it's mentioned ages or rather "Date of birth", you also can narrow down the category since you have an accurate date of birth to your mom.
But there is NOTHING, they just mentioned the last name, why? I see it's necessary to inquire this issue before completing your trip.
Yes, you are sure they didn't find someone with Mildred May Galvin's, I know, but it doesn't necessarily mean she is not one of those who has Galvin's last name since there was no info about them.

I read this comment for Roselver in regarding to your discovery:

Quote:
My 1st thought would be infants that were deceased soon after birth due to only having a last name but I could be wrong.

My fear was that she was buried on Hart Island but I am not seeing her listed. Hart Island is where people went that weren't claimed where their funeral arrangement weren't known. It's horrible.
But this was just her thought not a CERTAIN info (Not Fact). Since there are _at least_ 6 persons carry Galvin's family name did die in car accident between the period 1960 to 1965. Don't skip those persons.

The thing that I don't understand in your comments is what you mentioned at page 47 :

Quote:
Well, I received a copy of my Dad's Marriage application and certificate for his second marriage to Mary A. O'Conner, who then became Mary (Marasco) Beausoleil (Marasco was her maiden name before marrying O'Conner). So she dropped her middle name Ann and replaced it with maiden name, and later just went by Mary M. Beausoleil.

The application mentioned that this would be the second marriage for both of them, and that both were Divorced. Marriage took place in Naugatuck, CT on August 4, 1952. The date listed in our family records had been written over to read 1955, but you can see the 2 underneath it.

Unfortunately, there was no mention of Mildred Galvin (my Mom) on the records.

This new info only changes my recollection of things as a 4 year old. I had mentioned in a previous post that I thought I had been placed in the care of my Dad's new girlfriend, based on the date of a 1952 Christmas photo, when in fact, they were already married earlier that year.

Wedding had been performed by a Justice of the Peace (Civil Marriage), therefore no Annulments had to be obtained from the Catholic Church.

Sorry to say that this document in no way helps in the search for Mildred May Galvin (my Mom), although it does narrow the time frame when searching for a divorce Decree from Mildred to August 1, 1948 thru July 29, 1952.
Please, Look at what I colored it it in red, I don't understand if this were an official date of her divorce or your own guess?

Look:
You found a marriage cert to your mom & dad. (Fact)
You found a marriage cert to your step-mom & dad. (Fact)

-Did you find divorce records to your mom & dad in anywhere?
Originally, how do you know that your parents got divorced? Who told you?

Your aunt Butty (who is your father's brother's wife not your father's sister as I thought) did remember the date of your parents marriage because she was one of the witnesses. and her husband (who is your father's brother) also was the other witness. She got mistake in the day, 4 turned to 14 , it could happen since there is some similarity in the numbers, but she had provided you an accurate Month & Year of their marriage before you even make sure of it OFFICIALLY.

-So, did your aunt also provide you with the date of their divorce?
-If not, can she remember the date of the divorce?

-As you mentioned that your mom in several occasions mentioned to Esperanza or/and her daughter that she miss her child (You), the question is, did she ever mention to them that she's also divorced?

-I also want to know the answer to this situation according to the law:
IN GENERAL, IMAGINE that there is a lady missing, her husband has no idea where she is, if he wanted to remarry, can he ? Or he has to divorce her first?
If he has to be divorced first, can he divorce his wife while she's absent (Unavailable), or she has to be there?

- Look at what I put underline on it above. This is about your dad & step-mom APPLICATION for SECOND marriage, I know, It's mentioned that both were "DIVORCED", my question about your father specifically NOT step-mom, is this statement enough to prove that your dad & mom were definitely divorced officially?

I know it may consider stupid questions to you and others, beside I have no idea about marriage & divorce stuff but this is not the reason I ask, I don't ask randomly anyway.

On the other hand, according to what mentioned in this thread, if a girl get married, her name will be changed, but is this obligated or optional?
In anyway, when you want to search/ inquire to New York City Department of Heath & Mental Hygiene, Bureau of Vital Records about your mother & car accident, or in anywhere else, don't only use your mom's name in her birth certificate or just galvin's. But USE ALSO HER NAME AFTER MARRIAGE. If your mother is still married to your dad, what's supposed to be her name: You can construct her name according to the rules you know.
If you find it difficult/confusing, use the absolute thing relatively, which means her first name and the last name of your father (If I'm not mistaken), so it will be like this

Mildred Beausoleil
and look if you can find a lady with this name and the same date of birth and other info whether she is alive or died in a car accident.

Good luck

Old 11-12-2018, 12:15 PM

14,454 posts, read 20,634,616 times
There is another missing person. Not only Mildred but her mother Jennie.
I'd like to see Jennie's death records but there are none yet to be found.
No one has shown any evidence that Jennie and her daughter Mildred failed to keep in touch.

Old 12-07-2018, 06:19 PM

197 posts, read 195,844 times
Default New Info

I have recently spoken to Nanette (The person my Mom was a Nanny for). I asked her to give me her best guess or recollection as to what year her Mom had told that Mildred had been killed in a auto accident. She responded very soon after Mildred stopped being her Nanny and had returned to New York City.
Her answer would place that at anywhere from 1960 to 1963 (roughly). I have sent a written request to:
New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Bureau of Vital Statistics for them to search for a Death Certificate for Mildred May Galvin for the decade of 1960. We already know that she was still using that name in late 1959. I personally believe that the lack of any record about my Mother after 1960 may lend some credence to the information that she may have been killed early in the 1960's. Sent in the request via a Death Certificate Application several weeks ago. They indicated it could take 6 to 8 weeks.
I will post again whenever I hear back from them.

Old 12-08-2018, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
There is another missing person. Not only Mildred but her mother Jennie.
I'd like to see Jennie's death records but there are none yet to be found.
No one has shown any evidence that Jennie and her daughter Mildred failed to keep in touch.
I still like the idea of going to the social security office to check in person about Mildred and Jennie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentic Bird View Post
I tried to read whole this thread throughout previous 2 days. But I have to mention that I wasn't a good reader. Because I skipped a lot of posters' comments (not at all) although it's important since you want to find someone, but it's just too much to me, with a lot of names and historical events, it's confusing. I tried to take the final result.
Therefor, I can say, I focussed SPECIFICALLY on your comments. But also there is something I don't understand in some of your comments, I will ask about it at the end.
I see you've really done a great achievement in your searching that you need to be proud of, I think even your father wouldn't have known all the info you reached to by now.
From all these info, I think you can guess or rather 'conclude' some of what you want to know about your mother.
Basically, I wanted to reply on the Roselver's comment. But since you come and shed light on this title"car accident", which I wanted to put a note about it also, it's may be better to just stay at this point for now.

According to me, I find it STRANGE that Esperanza told her daughter that Mildred died in car accident. Is it possible that this claim came from nothing? What made her speak in this way? It's not just she died, How did this idea (car accident) cross her mind? If the mother knew that there is car accident, what made her determine she died.
Her daughter mentioned that her mom was mean, and doesn't think that Eseranza and Mildred were friends. But even with this, you couldn't ignore this claim.
You can put a lot of possible possibilities that produced this claim, but all of them with NO value, since the person you are looking for is still missing. So, this claim would still be standing until you REFUTE it which doesn't happen yet .

I'm not saying to take her claim as a "Fact", of course, but you have to STOP on it in order to make sure of it. You need to be sure 100% it's false. If you are not sure 100% of this info, it's not a good idea to complete searching.

You've mentioned in the last post:

At the Page 25, you mentioned :

At next pages of this thread, I waited to read anything about investigating this issue, there wasn't. They were 5 or 6 persons, even if it were just 1 person, there is a possibility to be she, you need to inquire about this.

If it's mentioned their "gender", you can narrow that category down by omitting "males".
If it's mentioned ages or rather "Date of birth", you also can narrow down the category since you have an accurate date of birth to your mom.
But there is NOTHING, they just mentioned the last name, why? I see it's necessary to inquire this issue before completing your trip.
Yes, you are sure they didn't find someone with Mildred May Galvin's, I know, but it doesn't necessarily mean she is not one of those who has Galvin's last name since there was no info about them.

I read this comment for Roselver in regarding to your discovery:

But this was just her thought not a CERTAIN info (Not Fact). Since there are _at least_ 6 persons carry Galvin's family name did die in car accident between the period 1960 to 1965. Don't skip those persons.

The thing that I don't understand in your comments is what you mentioned at page 47 :

Please, Look at what I colored it it in red, I don't understand if this were an official date of her divorce or your own guess?

Look:
You found a marriage cert to your mom & dad. (Fact)
You found a marriage cert to your step-mom & dad. (Fact)

-Did you find divorce records to your mom & dad in anywhere?
Originally, how do you know that your parents got divorced? Who told you?

Your aunt Butty (who is your father's brother's wife not your father's sister as I thought) did remember the date of your parents marriage because she was one of the witnesses. and her husband (who is your father's brother) also was the other witness. She got mistake in the day, 4 turned to 14 , it could happen since there is some similarity in the numbers, but she had provided you an accurate Month & Year of their marriage before you even make sure of it OFFICIALLY.

-So, did your aunt also provide you with the date of their divorce?
-If not, can she remember the date of the divorce?

-As you mentioned that your mom in several occasions mentioned to Esperanza or/and her daughter that she miss her child (You), the question is, did she ever mention to them that she's also divorced?

-I also want to know the answer to this situation according to the law:
IN GENERAL, IMAGINE that there is a lady missing, her husband has no idea where she is, if he wanted to remarry, can he ? Or he has to divorce her first?
If he has to be divorced first, can he divorce his wife while she's absent (Unavailable), or she has to be there?

- Look at what I put underline on it above. This is about your dad & step-mom APPLICATION for SECOND marriage, I know, It's mentioned that both were "DIVORCED", my question about your father specifically NOT step-mom, is this statement enough to prove that your dad & mom were definitely divorced officially?

I know it may consider stupid questions to you and others, beside I have no idea about marriage & divorce stuff but this is not the reason I ask, I don't ask randomly anyway.

On the other hand, according to what mentioned in this thread, if a girl get married, her name will be changed, but is this obligated or optional?
In anyway, when you want to search/ inquire to New York City Department of Heath & Mental Hygiene, Bureau of Vital Records about your mother & car accident, or in anywhere else, don't only use your mom's name in her birth certificate or just galvin's. But USE ALSO HER NAME AFTER MARRIAGE. If your mother is still married to your dad, what's supposed to be her name: You can construct her name according to the rules you know.
If you find it difficult/confusing, use the absolute thing relatively, which means her first name and the last name of your father (If I'm not mistaken), so it will be like this

Mildred Beausoleil
and look if you can find a lady with this name and the same date of birth and other info whether she is alive or died in a car accident.

Good luck
I hope I can remember everything I want to say. Lots of great thoughts you have; I'm glad you took the time to read whatever you did and reply.

You brought over about finding Galvins in the New York Death index from 1960 thru 1965 on Ancestry.com which is a really good idea to go back to that info. I do not have a paid account so can not sift thru it. I also like what you said about searching for her with both names, her married and maiden. Good point asking were they really divorced because we really do not know if it was a legal divroce because as you say, was his father able to find her to divorce her?

Old 12-08-2018, 03:43 PM

3 posts, read 1,658 times
I found this 2013 obit for a Mildred Galvin's spouse. Perhaps same person? I am your cousin William J. Galvin's wife. I have other info for you if you want to contact me @ agalvin9584@sbcglobal.net.

NewLawrence J. Sherman - Ohio
Contribution
(View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2013 09:04AM
Classification: Obituary
MANSFIELD: Lawrence J. Sherman, 81, of Mansfield, Ohio passed away Friday morning, January 18, 2013 in Mansfield MedCentral Hospital following a brief illness.

Lawrence was born in Mt. Gilead, Ohio the only child of John and Pansy (Bostic) Sherman and attended Lexington Schools.

On October 12, 1953 he married Mildred Galvin.

In 1956 Lawrence founded Sherman Transmission, Inc. where he worked as owner and operator for over 30 years. Lawrence was a member of First Alliance Church.

Along with his loving wife of 59 years Mildred Sherman, he is survived by his son Lawrence R. (Bonnie) Sherman of Mt. Vernon, Ohio, daughter Sue C. (Marion) Ely of Hayesville, son Richard J. Sherman of Columbus, OH; step daughters Patricia J. Long of Akron, and Marilyn J. (Dr. Stephen) Walker of Lexington, OH; eight grandchildren; 11 great grandchildren.

Lawrence was preceded in death by his parents John and Pansy Sherman

The family will receive friends Sunday, January 20, 2012 from 2-4 pm in the Lexington Avenue Snyder Funeral home where funeral services will be Monday at 1 pm. Pastor James Cheatham will officiate.
Burial will follow in Mansfield Memorial Park.

In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions to First Alliance Church may be made through the funeral home.

Online condolences to the family may be made by visiting:

Snyder Funeral Homes | Serving Central Ohio Since 1922

Morrow
Richland
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search