Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2011, 07:37 PM

4 posts, read 10,671 times

Advertisements

girl born 9/28/51 @ Salvation Army Booth Medical Center/adoption done at the Cradle, found out birth name: Vinell and birth parents surname was also Vinell (the spelling may be different or may be Vinelli).

I am the daughter of the adoptee. Searching desperately for my deceased mother's birth history/relatives.

All I know so far is birth mother was 22 at time of delivery and white. Do not know birth fathers age or race at this point.

My mother was born with a brittle bone disease called Osteogenesis Imperfect (O.I.)

We recently lost our mother due to a tragic wronful death and our family is torn apart!! We began to search her birth history prior to her death, but got so consumed in her medical situation and were not able to pursue.

Feel free to view her memorial site: merriroberson.blogspot.com

I am on a desperate mission for justice to be served on her wrongful death and to find out her birth history!!!!

Our mother was a hero beyond her family and was in the newspaper several times for her heroism!!

She was wheel chair bound all her life, but never considered herself to be handicap, independence is all she knew! And she never wanted anyone else to view her differently. She literally did more then you or I, with no physical disability. She practically raised 3 children on her own (two whom also have the brittle bone disease).

She was adopted by Patricia Byrn Cilella and Dr. Carmine A. Cilella. Her name was changed to Mary and she later changed the spelling to Merri: Merri Patricia Cilella Roberson

The first picture below is of our Mother before her tragic horse accident nearly 12 years ago, then after 11 years of pain, suffering, despair, abandonment, loss of all her independence one by one, literally, so much more!!! Last picture is from her very tragic wrongful death!! Her last 24 hours of life.
Attached Thumbnails
Searching for my mother's birth history. We lost our mother due to wrongful death & we are on a desperate mission-b4-horse-accident.jpg   Searching for my mother's birth history. We lost our mother due to wrongful death & we are on a desperate mission-mom-after-11-yrs-battle-horse   Searching for my mother's birth history. We lost our mother due to wrongful death & we are on a desperate mission-nana-hospital-pic.jpg  

Last edited by aimeejoy1; 03-28-2011 at 07:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 08:45 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,926,164 times
I assume you have been in contact with The Cradle? Don't they have any records? I would think that since your mother is dead, records would be unsealed at this point.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:59 AM

Yes, I have sent the paper work in. I am hoping they do a price reduction or waiver for the records or if need be, search.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:31 AM

4,152 posts, read 7,945,525 times
Take a look at this website to use as a tool. There are a number of Vinells or Vinellis on it ...you have to surf around to find things.

http://tinyurl.com/45svjne (broken link)

Old 03-30-2011, 07:41 AM

Okay thanks. I did find several Vinells and Vinelli on people finder also.

Old 12-07-2017, 01:07 PM

23,869 posts, read 33,575,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeejoy1 View Post
Okay thanks. I did find several Vinells and Vinelli on people finder also.
So sorry for your loss. I know your post is old; wanted to see how you made out. Was she adopted out of NY?

Have you registered on any adoption reunion sites or done DNA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago