Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 11:00 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times

Advertisements

TG, awesome information.

To the OP, I can tell you how I went about finding my birth Mother. I had a list of 10 pages long, very small type of people with the same last name that my birth Mother had when I was born. The hope was that one of them listed would know who she was now, assuming she had married and changed her name when she married.

I just started calling people. I told people that I was doing genealogical research, if I spoke with them long enough, I would tell them the truth. I eventually found them that way.

I do wish you luck in finding your birth Mother.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 11:19 AM

1,387 posts, read 3,436,867 times
Good advice, Lindsey! That is exactly how I would go about it myself!

TG2

Old 04-29-2008, 11:35 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
Only problem when searching for a birth mother is eventually she may have married and have a different surname now
Hope someone reads this that knew your Mom and chimes in

Old 04-29-2008, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Only problem when searching for a birth mother is eventually she may have married and have a different surname now
Hope someone reads this that knew your Mom and chimes in
Yes the assumption is that the MOther will remarry but I also went on the assumption that she had to have a male relative that I would run across that would be able to direct me to her.

Its an emotional time to go through, I wish anyone luck who is undertaking it.

Old 04-29-2008, 02:00 PM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Yes the assumption is that the MOther will remarry but I also went on the assumption that she had to have a male relative that I would run across that would be able to direct me to her.

Its an emotional time to go through, I wish anyone luck who is undertaking it.

Glad you were successful
I just had a woman reach out to me about her birth mother who I have not seen since 1970..I did tell her as much as I can remember and directed her towards someone who may have been her mothers brother..name..age all would have been in the right time frame

Old 05-02-2008, 04:34 PM

1,387 posts, read 3,436,867 times
I have a thought for you bwrancher...

John Frank...maybe that was your father's name.

John C. Frank (1944)
804 WHITE OAK CIR
PITTSBURGH, PA 15228 (412) 531-0514

Maybe you ask him if he knew Linda DeSantis. I know it is a long shot, but you never know...

Old 05-05-2008, 07:30 PM

11 posts, read 25,956 times
Hi Lindsey,

How did you go about getting that list of the same last name from the year you were born?

Old 05-05-2008, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwracher View Post
Hi Lindsey,

How did you go about getting that list of the same last name from the year you were born?
What I had was a list of names of everyone with the same last name as my birthmother, it wasn't from the year I was born but current.

This was in the days before access to the internet was so common. I found a woman who helped people looking for their birth parents, she got the list for me.

I just started calling. You could do the same thing using sites like Find a Person or Business with our free online White Pages and Yellow Pages now.

I personally would start going state by state, print them out and cross them out as you reach them.

Old 05-12-2008, 09:34 PM

11 posts, read 25,956 times
Exclamation Looking for DeSantis family from Pittsburgh, PA

I was adopted and am trying to locate my biological family. I was born May 4, 1964 in Magee-Womens Hospital and my given name at birth was John Frank DeSantis. Because I was born at MaGees', I assume that my family must have lived in that area of Pittsburgh. My mother's name is possibly Lynda DeSantis. I'm not sure if that is her real first name or not because I have been told that sometimes unmarried mothers use fake first names on the orginal birth certificate. I do know some things about her family. I know that my maternal grandfather was 40 years old when I was born. He was descried as being 5' 4" tall and weighing about 150 lbs. He had dark hair, brown eyes and a dark complexion. He was of Italian descent and was raised in the Catholic faith. He was described as hard working and stubborn. He was raised in a poor neighborhood of Pittsburgh by parents who were strict but affectionate. He reportedly came from a large family. He went through the 9th grade in school and then went 3 years to a Trade School and he had worked as a machinist for 20 years. His interests were music and mechanics. My maternal grandmother was 39 years old when I was born and had been married to her husband for 18 years. She was described as being 5' 2" tall and weighing about 125 lbs. She had dark hair and green eyes. She was of Polish and Native American descent and of the Presbyterian faith. My mother described her as attractive and well-liked, easy to get a long with and a fine person. She was the older of 2 girls. She graduated from high school and also attended a business school at night. She did not work outside the home through most of her marriage. She described her interests as being "taking care of my girls and home" as well as sports and music. My mother had one sister who was a year younger than her but that is all that I know about her. If anyone recognizes this family as being someone they may have known or had as a neighbor, friend, relative, etc. Please let me know!!!! I really would like to meet my Mother and introduce her to my wife and her 3 beautiful grandchildren!!!!!

Old 05-12-2008, 11:59 PM

According to Find a Person or Business with our free online White Pages and Yellow Pages there are over 300 results if you search just for Desantis in PA and it would not list them all. I would go and do that search and put the A in the first name and Desantis as the last. Print them out and call them one by one.

If you can, get unlimited long distance from the phone company, I have it from ATT. Check them off as you go. Have something to keep notes. Go through the alphabet. Someone will know the people you are looking for.

I used the phrase "I'm doing some genealogical research and came across this information".

I do wish you luck but also please be aware that this can be a very stressful thing to go through even if you have the best of reaction from your birth Mother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search