Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 09:16 PM

8 posts, read 105,155 times

Advertisements

If you know the persons name,date they died and the state is there a way to find out how someone passed??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 10:26 PM

3,199 posts, read 13,392,021 times
Do you have permissible purpose? Death certificates have that information however just anyone cannot obtain one out of curiousity You have to have a legitimate reason to request one. In days past, many times the newspaper obit would state cause of death. I remember when you knew it must have been a suicide because that was the only time cause of death was not mentioned. Now, you rarely see that unless you get a hint from "memorial contributions may be made to Hospice" or something like that.

Old 04-24-2009, 10:40 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKat View Post
Do you have permissible purpose? Death certificates have that information however just anyone cannot obtain one out of curiousity You have to have a legitimate reason to request one. In days past, many times the newspaper obit would state cause of death. I remember when you knew it must have been a suicide because that was the only time cause of death was not mentioned. Now, you rarely see that unless you get a hint from "memorial contributions may be made to Hospice" or something like that.
OMG they used to go into such incredible detail about it. LOL In some newspapers they still tell you www.durangoherald.com for one. But most it's just "died at home" or "died suddenly" something like that.

I actually called up some one I didn't even know once to ask. The obituary said that the young woman had been found sitting behind the wheel of her vehicle dead, in a grocery store parking lot. Well, the curiosity was just too much for me. Luckily, her relatives were very understanding about my questioning and told me without too much of a fuss. (It was an aneurysm, by the way....in case you were wondering too.)

20yrsinBranson

Old 04-24-2009, 10:41 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baboo24 View Post
If you know the persons name,date they died and the state is there a way to find out how someone passed??
That's one thing I absolutely LOVE about radio talkshow host Dave Ramsey. He always asks what people died of. It's a natural question I think. People say.... "Oh that's rude to ask", I don't think so.

Just ask them.

20yrsinBranson

Old 08-01-2014, 08:14 AM

1 posts, read 46,444 times
I need to found out if my ex husband of 12 years died Bruce Leland Suddaby

Old 08-01-2014, 09:23 PM

9 posts, read 54,229 times
age and state

Old 08-02-2014, 01:41 PM

3,021 posts, read 5,848,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie5353 View Post
I need to found out if my ex husband of 12 years died Bruce Leland Suddaby

His name is not in the SSDI (Social Security Death Index.)

However, that doesn't prove he's still living.

Old 09-03-2014, 08:45 AM

5 posts, read 92,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKat View Post
Hi, If the person who passed is a relative and I have their social security number and death cert. number is their a way to find cause of death?
Thank-You

Old 09-03-2014, 09:33 AM

14,454 posts, read 20,630,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen black71 View Post
Hi, If the person who passed is a relative and I have their social security number and death cert. number is their a way to find cause of death?
Thank-You
Contact the Department of Vital Records in the county - state where they passed away.

They can tell you how to get a copy of the death certificate.....

(You have the death certificate number but not the certificate itself ???)

.....which may have the cause of death. If the person died outside a hospital such as in their home, or in an accident, or in a care facility then the coroner's office may have a report and that can give you more details. Contact the coroner's office as well.

Old 09-05-2014, 07:24 AM

5 posts, read 92,743 times
Thank-You for the information.
Basically I believe I may have found my uncle whom nobody in the family knew of his whereabouts for years. I found him in the social security death index with the correct birth date, name.
It was listed in Pinellas, Florida. He was born and raised in Connecticut and it does show a ct. social security number so I am not sure how to go about making sure 100% that it is him. Both parents are deceased as well. So I am thinking maybe by obtaining a birth cert. I am not sure if that would tell me much more or not. Just not sure how to find out if that is him and his social security number.
Thank-You any advice would be very helpful
Karen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search