Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 05:49 PM

6 posts, read 14,218 times

Advertisements

Hi and thanks for reading! I am searching for my birth mother who is Jewish and from Ohio and born between June and September 1938. I believe her maiden name is MARKS and has the initial E as her 1st or middle name. Possible Rosella E Marks. I was born Sept 8, 1958 in Staten Island New York and adopted through the Louise Wise adoption agency. My bio fathers name is Anthony Capobianco.

Does anyone have any idea who this may be?

Thank you!

Liz Heath
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2017, 08:11 PM

5,401 posts, read 6,533,648 times
Could this be birth certificate listing? Richmondtown, Staten Island.

Name: Dana Marks
Birth Date: 8 Sep 1958
Birth Place: Richmond, New York City, New York, USA
Certificate Number: 3125

Old 12-09-2017, 09:44 PM

7,519 posts, read 13,628,157 times
How about this info from Ohio:

Name: Rosella E Marks Birth Date: 15 Jan 1938 State File Number: 1938006403 Additional Information: Paul
From 1940 Ohio Census:

Name Age Paul Marks 25 Dorothy Marks 25 Rosella Marks 2 Patricia Ann Marks 4/12

Old 12-10-2017, 05:48 PM

Thank you! I did find both records you found, that is why I know my name given at birth. The census report is something that confused me ad I know from the non identifying info from the adoption agency (Louise Wise) that my birth Mom had an older and a younger sister. The census shows only a younger sister, so how could that be her family? Even though it is the right birth year and such?

Liz

Old 12-11-2017, 06:37 AM

14,478 posts, read 20,657,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellrose View Post
Even though it is the right birth year?
Well there is one thread below yours and people with the same exact birth date have been numerous. So same birthdate is not unusual.

Old 12-11-2017, 08:51 AM

8,391 posts, read 7,648,571 times
Quote:
Thank you! I did find both records you found, that is why I know my name given at birth. The census report is something that confused me ad I know from the non identifying info from the adoption agency (Louise Wise) that my birth Mom had an older and a younger sister. The census shows only a younger sister, so how could that be her family? Even though it is the right birth year and such?

Liz
There is also the possibility that the older sister may not been living with the family when the census information was collected.

For example, she could have been significantly older than your bio mom, and living on her own at the time of the census.

Or, even if she was still a child, she could have been living with a relative or even in foster care at the time of the census.

Occasionally, Census takers also didn't record all family members in a household or got other information (names, ages, relationships) wrong. Errors can also occur in transcription of Census data. That's why I always try to look at the actual Census form and not just the transcription.

So, I wouldn't immediately rule the family you found out based on Census data. I'd look for additional information on the family in other sources before deciding that this isn't the right (or wrong) family.

Last edited by RosieSD; 12-11-2017 at 09:02 AM..

Old 12-11-2017, 10:17 PM

5,401 posts, read 6,533,648 times
Why do you believe her name may be Rosella?

Old 12-12-2017, 09:13 PM

I believe her name might be Rosella because that is the name on census of the person born in 1938. Also, her middle initial on the census is "E", and my deceased bio dads best friend remembers only that name of the girl bio date dated began with an "E". So, when I saw Rosella E Marks born 1938, I thought perhaps this is bio mom , and she possibly went by her middle name.

Old 12-13-2017, 04:11 PM

7,519 posts, read 13,628,157 times
If this Rosella is the correct one, born 1938 in Ohio to Paul & Dorothy Marks, then her middle name is Eileen.

http://birth-records.mooseroots.com/...a-Eileen-Marks

Old 12-16-2017, 03:29 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,185,127 times
Quote:

Liz
If the info in the non-id was correct then this couldn't be them. Given the parents age, and the age of Rosella, and the fact that an older child is not listed as being on the census I'm guessing this is not the correct person. There is no death record for a child being born to these parents either.

So, it's probably safe to say you can take this family out of the equation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search