Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 09:23 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,155,321 times

Advertisements

Now that my balance is zero, I would like some advice on how to use my credit card. What I want to now is keep the balance at $100 or less just in case something breaks down like a TV and I have to buy a flat screen for the time in life.

But since I paid it off I don't spend too much of the money I have left over until I get another cash flow next Thursday. But today I have a date and don't want to use cash at all since I'm waiting for another pay day next week. So I figure I can use the CC today and pay it off next thursday when I get paid. Do you agree with these methods of credit card use below?

1. Use CC for Dates and pay off on next pay
2. Emergenices
3. Entertainment purposes-Trips or Invitations to go out
4. Don't use for work clothes, or food.
5. Do use to pay bills

What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2011, 09:29 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,972,263 times
How about just not spend what you can't pay off in full each month....don't ever charge something on there you don't have the money for.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:34 AM

3,695 posts, read 11,391,712 times
Pay cash on your date. You'll spend less money.

Stop using your credit card. And don't charge anything on the card that you don't have the money in the bank to pay for.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean98125 View Post

Stop using your credit card. And don't charge anything on the card that you don't have the money in the bank to pay for.

So siince guys are always expected to pay on dates what should I do if money is TIGHT?

Old 03-30-2011, 09:49 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,802,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
So siince guys are always expected to pay on dates what should I do if money is TIGHT?
Order a pizza and rent a movie. If you're dating the types that expect to be wined and dined at every moment versus having respect for a guy who keeps his financial house in order and doesn't feel like possibly paying interest to the bank on a dinner at say, Fogo de Chao, change your taste in women.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
Order a pizza and rent a movie. If you're dating the types that expect to be wined and dined at every moment versus having respect for a guy who keeps his financial house in order and doesn't feel like possibly paying interest to the bank on a dinner at say, Fogo de Chao, change your taste in women.
That renting movie stuff doesn't happen until after 3 or 4 dates

Old 03-30-2011, 10:02 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,972,263 times
If you can easily pay if off so there is no balance when you get paid next, then there is no harm in using the card. What I would suggest you do, is as soon as you get paid, pay that amount to the credit card - don't wait until you get the bill or when it's due. That way you don't spend the money you need to pay it on something else.

If you don't think you have the discipline to pay it off each month, I would suggest not using it. And then don't set up dates when you don't have the money to cover it.

Old 03-30-2011, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
If you can easily pay if off so there is no balance when you get paid next, then there is no harm in using the card. What I would suggest you do, is as soon as you get paid, pay that amount to the credit card - don't wait until you get the bill or when it's due. That way you don't spend the money you need to pay it on something else.

If you don't think you have the discipline to pay it off each month, I would suggest not using it. And then don't set up dates when you don't have the money to cover it.

I never understood the whole "PAYING FOR HER TIME" thing when it came to going on dates. So as I became older I just found that it made more sense to pay for FUN and skip the going out to dinner part-lol

Old 03-30-2011, 11:33 AM

16,955 posts, read 16,805,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean98125 View Post

A Happy Meal will be what he buys for his date

That's 2.99 right ?

jk !

Old 03-30-2011, 11:35 AM

16,955 posts, read 16,805,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Order her a glass of water and make long conversation......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance