Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 06:46 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,902,805 times

Advertisements

It really makes little difference because for somje reason they see you as a customer not worth servicing your account.You never said now much you charge each month on that card. You alos need to realise that banks are starting to look at income verus debt and tatal credit line you have on that income. just drop the card and take the tempoary hit on credit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2011, 06:53 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,768,054 times
This week it will be because you carry a balance..

Next week it will be because you name begins with a B..

The following week it will be because you charged something on a Tuesday......

The fees...!!....it never ends with banks ..

Old 04-15-2011, 07:13 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,847,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
It really makes little difference because for somje reason they see you as a customer not worth servicing your account.You never said now much you charge each month on that card. You alos need to realise that banks are starting to look at income verus debt and tatal credit line you have on that income. just drop the card and take the tempoary hit on credit.
I used the BOA card for reimbursable business expenses which vary from less than $100 to a bit over $1500 per month. I use my other card for personal expenses.

I canceled the BOA card this a.m.

How would they know my income? I use a credit union which is not affiliated with my mortgage or my credit cards?

Old 04-15-2011, 07:16 PM

9,538 posts, read 16,533,027 times
Im another one that had the $59 fee charged to my card this month. I've never missed a payment and they have had no problems with me. I had Fleet Bank for many years and then in 2005 they were taken over by BOA. I would cancel the card as well as other banking with BOA right now, but I am moving late this year and don't want to change banks until the move is over. I did notice when I called about the fee the employee amost immediately wanted to know would I like to cancel the acct. I mean could they make it any more obvious they are trying to rid the bank of accts. Even those accts that have paid their bill on time or don't carry much of a balance. I told the employee "No I will keep it open for the time being just to annoy BOA" and hung up.

I wanted to add I hope I live long enough in life to see BOA completey collapse. I can't wait to be rid of them, and think I will go for a Credit Union when I do get to change my banking

Last edited by Jimrob1; 04-15-2011 at 07:26 PM..

Old 04-15-2011, 07:18 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,538,446 times
**** Banks.....

Old 04-16-2011, 05:26 AM

5,439 posts, read 16,869,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
I have been a card holder since 1995. Always pay on time and typically always pay off at the end of the grace period and they charge me $59 fee due to the costs of maintaining my account. I read on the Internet and see this was announced in 2010 due to low profitability on clients who payoff their balances every month. I am being penalized for outstanding behavior. This is for Visa Platinum Plus and similar folk. $35000 credit line.

I canceled with them today.

I guess the percentage they chart the merchant for the transaction is not enough.

I would close all BOA accounts ASAP. BOA is the worst bank I've ever dealt with. Many feel the same way. How much is that CC doing for you that it's worth it? I.e. are you getting a great amount towards points or cash back...?

EDIT: You beat me to it!

Old 04-16-2011, 05:52 AM

106,759 posts, read 108,973,015 times
its all about what the competitors do. money loves a vaccum and if your competitors do it eventually they all do it.

rember when atm fees were .50 cents?

Old 04-16-2011, 05:57 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,768,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
Im another one that had the $59 fee charged to my card this month. I've never missed a payment and they have had no problems with me. I had Fleet Bank for many years and then in 2005 they were taken over by BOA. I would cancel the card as well as other banking with BOA right now, but I am moving late this year and don't want to change banks until the move is over. I did notice when I called about the fee the employee amost immediately wanted to know would I like to cancel the acct. I mean could they make it any more obvious they are trying to rid the bank of accts. Even those accts that have paid their bill on time or don't carry much of a balance. I told the employee "No I will keep it open for the time being just to annoy BOA" and hung up.

I wanted to add I hope I live long enough in life to see BOA completey collapse. I can't wait to be rid of them, and think I will go for a Credit Union when I do get to change my banking
Thank you for making me truly laugh out loud !

Old 04-16-2011, 08:49 AM

4,709 posts, read 12,680,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
its all about what the competitors do. money loves a vaccum and if your competitors do it eventually they all do it.

rember when atm fees were .50 cents?

I believe you're right.

Eventually all banks will charge their "convenience users" (those that pay in full each month) an annual fee. If that happens...I guess I'll just have to pay it....the convenience of credit card use is worth 5 bucks, or more a month to me.

My cards are all issued through credit unions however, and I suspect they would be the last to start charging an annual fee to convenience users, being non-profit, and all...

Old 04-16-2011, 10:35 AM

15,642 posts, read 26,275,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by car54 View Post
I believe you're right.

Eventually all banks will charge their "convenience users" (those that pay in full each month) an annual fee. If that happens...I guess I'll just have to pay it....the convenience of credit card use is worth 5 bucks, or more a month to me.

My cards are all issued through credit unions however, and I suspect they would be the last to start charging an annual fee to convenience users, being non-profit, and all...
It makes sense if the person charging and paying off monthly didn't charge much. WE use our main cards A LOT, and spend 800-1600 a month on both. I can't see us getting hit with fees.

Yet. Sooner or later they may have to go back to that route. And yes -- we'll pay it. We have a business, and we can write that off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance