Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 02:57 AM

106,989 posts, read 109,264,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSOs View Post
Brokerages are subservient to the financial apparatus. I specifically mentioned costly cash. CASH is a cost to TBTF banks (FDIC/other); not to mention customer liquidity is sacrilege to the banksters!

My guess would be that the bank will want the client to use CASH when opening an annuity? What do you think mathjak107?
oh yeah , the banks want to sell you product and no bigger money maker for them than their variable annuities.

what is nice about fidelity is even when we went for the consultation they attempted to sell us nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2013, 10:04 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,801,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Already premier at Chase and get the safe deposit box. Could care less about free checks, ATMs, and a fancy lobby.
i wouldnt mind access to some kind of executive lounge with free drinks and food.

Old 05-07-2013, 02:27 PM

1,257 posts, read 3,686,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i wouldnt mind access to some kind of executive lounge with free drinks and food.
Yeah... and they know you by name when you walk through the door. Just little things like that. I can call and have a cashier's check ready for me, I can call in and have money ready for me - say I wanted to withdraw $5,000 in $100s, it can be ready for me by the time I come through the door so no delay.

Plus, wiring is free... this is great.

Old 05-07-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinipig523 View Post
Yeah... and they know you by name when you walk through the door. Just little things like that. I can call and have a cashier's check ready for me, I can call in and have money ready for me - say I wanted to withdraw $5,000 in $100s, it can be ready for me by the time I come through the door so no delay.

Plus, wiring is free... this is great.
wait a second, i was just giving a person wish. you can walk into chase and have breakfast? some credit card companies offer access to some premium lounge in airports. i dont fly enough for that to benefit me. i want access to lounges in banks, chase would be great since there are so many of them here.

Old 05-07-2013, 02:57 PM

1,257 posts, read 3,686,517 times
Quote:
wait a second, i was just giving a person wish. you can walk into chase and have breakfast? some credit card companies offer access to some premium lounge in airports. i dont fly enough for that to benefit me. i want access to lounges in banks, chase would be great since there are so many of them here.
No I don't think they have free food at the bank... But if you are CPC you can be qualified to apply for the Palladium card and that gets your Lobby access and perhaps United Club access too.

But that'd be cool though... A free lounge room at the bank.

Don't mind me guys... I'm just here for the luxury cookies. Lol!

Old 05-08-2013, 11:25 AM

15,642 posts, read 26,310,480 times
Pini -- when I worked at a bank 15 years ago, all that stuff was a given(except for free wire transfers). We were supposed to know our clients and refer to them by name. And we often did free cookies and coffee. If you called ahead for cash to be on hand, we would arrange it for it to be delivered that day, so we had it. Same thing for cashiers checks, and notary service. They weren't free, but they were there.

Old 05-08-2013, 12:57 PM

762 posts, read 1,101,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
...what is nice about fidelity is even when we went for the consultation they attempted to sell us nothing.
IOW, you fit the profile for enrollment.

Old 05-08-2013, 11:37 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,475,124 times
Quote:
It ain't free...you can be sure of that...

Old 05-09-2013, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
It ain't free...you can be sure of that...
nothing is ever free, but sometimes you can get stuff for money you were going to spend anyway. my mom has access to a lounge area with great food and drinks that are "free" to her in the borgata in atlantic city. sure, she had to lose a lot of money to get in there but its nice. she also gets to cut the line at the buffet, best part of that is seeing how pissed off people get when we do it.

is there any reason to stop in a fidelity investment center? there arent many of them around really but they should have some coffee and luxury cookies in them at least.

Old 08-19-2013, 06:58 PM

1 posts, read 9,464 times
DO NOT USE CHASE PRIVATE CLIENT!!!!!!!! I had a HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH THEM. They were NOT good --- in my opinion. They completely missed my investment objectives -- which costs me thousands of dollars. I was sold investments that did not fit -- and were completely wrong. STAY AWAY FROM CHASE PRIVATE CLIENT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance