Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 11:54 AM

2,064 posts, read 4,449,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmFest View Post
What bills don't have autopay features?

You can use Mint Bills app to manage bills.
I'm actually currently fighting this out with BofA for one of my credit cards (alaska airlines visa). If you click "send payment" on the website, it takes you to the bofa bill pay section where you can pay for bills with your bofa account. the problem is that i don't use my bofa checking account very much so i don't have much money in there. i want to set up autopay for my bofa credit card to take from my wells fargo account. since there's no way to do that, i was late with my last payment. they charged me a finance fee of $2.98. i hate paying finance charges so i sent them a check and asked them to remove it. they said no. i said please cancel my card. they said oh wait once we receive your check we'll review your account to see if we can credit the charge. well, the check arrived and account got credited today so i sent them another message saying "ok now that you have payment, can you credit my account for the finance charge? if not, please go ahead and cancel my card. thank you." i already got the 40k alaska airlines points and the annual companion pass so i don't even need the card anymore but i was going to keep it for the annual companion pass. but this is too annoying.

my comcast bill was set up for autopay but it takes 3 months for it to take effect. as a result, they called me last week to tell me that my bill is late. i said "didn't i set up autopay?" and they said "yeah but it takes 3 months so you're behind 2 months and that will take effect next month"

i sign up for new credit cards every 6 months or so and cancel old ones for the bonus points and miles so i usually have 1-2 stragglers here and there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2015, 04:16 PM

8,440 posts, read 4,622,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD90277 View Post
I'm actually currently fighting this out with BofA for one of my credit cards (alaska airlines visa). If you click "send payment" on the website, it takes you to the bofa bill pay section where you can pay for bills with your bofa account. the problem is that i don't use my bofa checking account very much so i don't have much money in there. i want to set up autopay for my bofa credit card to take from my wells fargo account. since there's no way to do that, i was late with my last payment.
I have an external payment account setup that pulls from a local credit union for paying my BoA credit cards. It can be done, although their billpay is a little weird.

Another option is to billpay "push" from Wells to BoA.

Old 03-10-2015, 05:57 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,758,072 times
Quote:
Here is my link: One Time Credit Report & Credit Score Online - FICO® Standard

Where is yours? If your link doesn't exist, just say it.

And your link goes to MyFico.com where you can buy your EXPERIAN, EQUIFAX, AND TRANS UNION credit reports and scores for $19.95 EACH... .whereas if you CALL Experian Equifax and Trans Union, you will get your credit reports and scores for $9 each.

The link you're posting is nothing but an ad for an overpriced credit report and score.

Old 03-10-2015, 05:59 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,758,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
right here but they are not 9 bucks. fico scores usually are 14 or 15 bucks while report are free once a year but you do not get the score.

One Time Credit Report & Credit Score Online - FICO® Standard

If you call each of the bureaus directly, you will get your scores for $9 each and the report is free (once a year or if you were denied credit, insurance, or employment)

Old 03-10-2015, 07:12 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,268,978 times
Quote:
All FICO scores are directly from FICO. FICO supplies the scoring model, and the bureaus supply the data. Without the bureaus' data, there are no FICO consumer credit scores. How much more direct do you want to get?

Wait, didn't we already cover this, either in this thread or in another thread? This question is eerily similar to the one I addressed, and my response is about the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
And your link goes to MyFico.com where you can buy your EXPERIAN, EQUIFAX, AND TRANS UNION credit reports and scores for $19.95 EACH... .whereas if you CALL Experian Equifax and Trans Union, you will get your credit reports and scores for $9 each.

The link you're posting is nothing but an ad for an overpriced credit report and score.
You didn't read my posts, did you? FICO scores are based on the data from the consumer reporting agencies. Without their data, there is no FICO consumer credit score.

The reports on MyFICO.com are produced by MyFICO based on data from the consumer reporting agencies. They are formatted differently from the reports you get directly from the consumer reporting agencies' websites. Furthermore, they contain FICO scores. The scores that you can get for $9 are not FICO scores; they are based on a non-FICO scoring model.

I already provided the link to the FICO score reports as you requested. What else do you want? And since I provided you the link you requested, I believe it is now your turn to provide the link I requested.

Again, if you cannot provide a link to the $9 product you mentioned that comes with a FICO score, just say there isn't one or that you can't. If you don't know, stay quiet and listen. Everyone is tired of hearing stuff you make up.

Old 03-10-2015, 07:16 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,268,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post

You can't even view a website, can you? This is right at the top of the page.

what's your FICO score?-untitled.png

Old 03-10-2015, 10:25 PM

37,198 posts, read 42,405,171 times

Old 03-12-2015, 10:31 AM

306 posts, read 454,365 times
My understanding is that the scores you can get directly from the 3 bureaus for $9 each are not FICO Scores, "the scores lenders use", while the scores from myfico for $19 each are. But I think you can obtain for free 2 of the 3 if you have cards from Discover or Barclays (FICO Transunion), and Citi (FICO Equifax).
I wonder if they are indeed the same with the ones from myfico, and also if there is a card out there that offers a free FICO Experian score.

I think the $19 FICO scores from myfico are worth buying if somebody is interested in getting a mortgage, because the mortgage FICO scores (which are different from the standard FICO scores) are included in that package.

Edit: I've just googled it and it seems that Experian is providing a report and a FICO score for just $1 if you sign up for a 7‑day trial membership: http://www.experian.com/ (Equifax seems to provide a FICO score, too, for $19.95: http://www.equifax.com/credit-score/, so the same price as myfico).

Last edited by mia12; 03-12-2015 at 10:53 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance