Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 03:46 PM

185 posts, read 240,219 times

Advertisements

my goodness lol this question can't be serious. I agree with Robert20170 there should def. be a negative reputation button.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2015, 03:54 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,270,019 times
Better he asked than remained ignorant.

Old 03-14-2015, 09:20 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,292,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Europeanflava View Post
I post theads to learn about things and no I am not in car debt. It's a shame some people have their heads in the dirt and are mad at people asking simple questions and go as far as calling the OP stupid to make themselves feel better.
I don't believe you. You can't be as dumb as you sound.

Why do you think that they won't let you keep a car you stopped paying for? Do you think bankers just like being out of $35,000 just out of kindness?

Old 03-14-2015, 09:23 AM

1,006 posts, read 1,521,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
I don't believe you. You can't be as dumb as you sound.

Why do you think that they won't let you keep a car you stopped paying for? Do you think bankers just like being out of $35,000 just out of kindness?
Can't you read. I said I'm not in car debt.

If your going to make insulting posts do me a favor and stop posting in my thread. I don't care if you don't like the post, just stop posting if you want to post offensive material.

Old 03-14-2015, 09:27 AM

18,570 posts, read 15,707,114 times
Quote:

Irrelevant, because you are asking about people who are in car debt.

Old 03-14-2015, 09:30 AM

1,006 posts, read 1,521,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
Irrelevant, because you are asking about people who are in car debt.
So. Like a person previously said here. Better to learn about these things than experience it yourself one day just because you failed to ever learn about it.

Old 03-14-2015, 09:31 AM

18,570 posts, read 15,707,114 times
Quote:
So. Like a person previously said here. Better to learn about these things than experience it yourself one day just because you failed to ever learn about it.
You ask, then someone answers, then you say not relevant to you, then it's pointed out that it answers your question. Where are you going with this? You want to learn, but then don't want us answering your question as asked?

I guess I'll work on conveying you the knowledge via telepathic brain-to-brain transfer.

Old 03-14-2015, 11:23 AM

388 posts, read 538,512 times
Quote:

If your going to make insulting posts do me a favor and stop posting in my thread. I don't care if you don't like the post, just stop posting if you want to post offensive material.
Quote:
I post theads to learn about things and no I am not in car debt. It's a shame some people have their heads in the dirt and are mad at people asking simple questions and go as far as calling the OP stupid to make themselves feel better.

We can read, and you CLEARLY stated you are in car debt. If you weren't in car debt, when why did you post this:

Quote:
But I want to keep my ride and don't want to give them any more money. Why don't they do like folks tell us. "Get a job and make money".

Old 03-14-2015, 11:31 AM

35,308 posts, read 52,557,311 times
Quote:
If you buy a new car and stop paying after half a year and you still owe $35k on a $40k car what happens next?
If you buy a product theres a reasonable expectation that you are going to pay for it. If you have no intention of paying for it you are deceiving the seller who will reposess the product and may even take legal action using theft and/or fraud as a basis for a suit if this seems like something you do often..

Old 03-14-2015, 11:59 AM

22,062 posts, read 25,433,285 times
Most of the cars you're likely to be looking at will probably come with immobilizers. They'll just remotely deactivate the car. Great inventions for the buy here/pay here market. They do a great job of getting dead beats to pay, which is interesting. I'd always figured they didn't pay out of an inability to do so but it turns out that isn't true. Maybe when you know they'll just turn your car off you make better financial choices such that you're able to pay your bills or something. /Shrug.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance