Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you think is the worst credit reporting bureau?
Trans-Union 13 39.39%
Experian 11 33.33%
Equifax 9 27.27%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 03:13 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,606,576 times

Advertisements

I apologize if this has been done before, but in your opinion/experience, what is the WORST of the three credit reporting bureaus? (Trans-Union, Experian, or Equifax). And why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2008, 03:25 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,242,310 times
Smile Credit reporting agencies

As the former owner of a credit reporting agency, I go back to the old days before there were even merged reports! TransUnion has always lived by its own drum, it's very hard to get info removed from them, etc. I could go on and on and on!!

I sold my firm to a firm who was a servicer for Experian. I stayed on and did the corporate thing for a while. I had first hand experience with Experian (obviously) and began a pilot program with Equifax to rescore consumer's scores when there were errors on reports.

That program was successful and that's why you see rescoring being more common today. Got nothing for it but in this area, I feel like I know more than Suze Orman!!!

Old 02-22-2008, 05:26 AM

281 posts, read 1,054,774 times
Very true. I think that is why most banks will pul all three and transunion has had that rep for years. I have always pulled Experian. As far as business credit reports, Experian has a long way to go. Good post.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:02 AM

897 posts, read 2,824,816 times
Believe it or not, we (DH & I) have never had any problems / errors with any of our credit reports. We have moved around quite a bit - owned 5 homes. I don't know how we have been so lucky - but we have not had any issues!

Old 02-22-2008, 09:04 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,655,984 times
There was no opportunity to vote for:

D. They all are bad.

Old 02-22-2008, 10:32 AM

5,641 posts, read 24,953,484 times
Worse in what way? I have no issue with any of them so please explain the problem.

Old 02-22-2008, 10:47 AM

281 posts, read 1,054,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdelena View Post
Worse in what way? I have no issue with any of them so please explain the problem.
See Bettes post which I agree.

Old 10-10-2009, 10:58 PM

1 posts, read 7,713 times
Default They have to be kidding

I disputed 4 different pieces of info in my Experian credit report:

1) It said I hadn't made a loan payment in over a year, which was totally false and easy to verify with my bank.
2) It had an incorrect address for me. In fact, according to both Yahoo Maps and Google Maps, the address didn't even exist.
3) My ss# was wrong!!
4) My phone number was incorrect.

I sent corrections to the address listed in the credit report, then received a letter from Experian saying I had to prove my identity by supplying copies of my driver's license and a utility bill. After complying with the request and resending everything, I got a second letter from them stating that they "were not able to use it" and that they couldn't make any corrections to my file.

The folks at Experian are truly certifiable idiots. And we wonder what caused the credit debacle.

Old 10-11-2009, 05:37 PM

71 posts, read 199,044 times
I have had serious problems with all three! Wrong names , wrong address, someone elses info on my records. Have a very hard time getting it corrected. I think all three need a major overhaul , in fact the whole credit reporting system. They work harder to knock you down than to help you!!

Old 10-14-2009, 01:44 AM

1,318 posts, read 3,554,481 times
When my brother was buying a house he notified me that one of my credit cards was appearing on his credit report with Experian. I called the credit card company to make sure they had the correct information, and were reporting the information correctly, and they said they were, I confirmed the SS# with them. I called Experian about the lack of my credit card on my report and they were trying to blame the credit card company, I then had to go online and file a dispute, eventually about a month later they cleared it up. I have had no problem with the other 2 companies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance