Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2018, 03:19 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,143,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
The grandkids are the responsibility of the parents... If they give to grandkids, why not nieces and nephews? I bet their aunts and uncles feel their children needs a fair share too... They are not entitled to the money but unless there is a significant reason, it should be equal... If it isn't equal than don't whine when there are hard feelings about it..
This 5000%

Old 08-04-2018, 03:20 PM

Quote:
I think you are confused... What Grandma did was her choice there is no right or wrong... She could have given all if it to one daughter and it still would be fair to you... All I am saying is that Grandma did it in a way that WILL create angst between people... And I find it funny that you DEMAND that people not have the angst from want Grandma did... The world doesn't work like that...

Old 08-04-2018, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Ecstasy does strange things to do he brain. no wonder he's so argumentative.

Glad you caught that also.not many would know what E is.

E

Empty (gas tank)

Old 08-04-2018, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrock4 View Post
Grandma can leave her money to whomever she chooses.

We will only leave our money to our children in totally equal amounts. None will go to grandchildren as their own parents can share if they choose. I personally would not want to penalize my children who have perhaps not had children yet or may never have them. That is our personal viewpoint and I respect that others feel differently.

It never occurred to my kids that their grandparents would leave them any money - only my siblings and I were heirs and it was a generous amount of money. But the grandkids were thrilled to receive a cherished quilt or Grandpa's gold pen or a favorite chest.
Of course grandma CAN

I agree with your last 2 paragraphs

Old 08-04-2018, 03:27 PM

Quote:
greed for wanting exactly the same as the other person... Irony...
:d

Old 08-04-2018, 04:11 PM

26,204 posts, read 21,698,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
No one family got $130,000 more

The money wasn’t divided among families. It was given to individuals so why you keep bringing this up only shows your inability to logically comprehend what happened

Quote:
Daughter 1 is 40 and 98% chance done having kids

Daughter 2 is 30 and could have more kids

I already explained circumstances of babies born a few years getting nothing

Yea. Two kids split 50/50 that is the most equal way. As someone put it why should one household get more because they are breeders

More or less babies born now or on the future are entirely irrelevant. The allocation at the time the choice was made by the owner of the assets was all children and grand children received equal share which in any ambiguous term was fair, every person received the same. Your continued attempt to consolidate the amounts at a family level are absurd

Old 08-04-2018, 04:14 PM

24,620 posts, read 19,234,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posh66 View Post
This thread gave me heartburn. OP, if I were a smaller person I might very well admit to feeling a certain amount of glee that your family got less than the other family as karmic payback for greed and ingratitude. But that would be unkind, especially since you all are grieving the death of a loved one.
Exactly.

Quote:
Sorry kid 2,3, and 4 because you were born 1 year, 2 years, and 4 years after granny passed you don’t get a dime. But your brother who is just a few years older than you has $43,000 and so do all of your cousins
That's not relevant.

It's not incumbent upon the grandmother to play fortune-teller or clairvoyant and predict what may or may not be in the Future.

Even if another child had been born shortly before her death, it's unlikely she would have thought, or even had the time to add a Codicil to the Will to include the newborn.

Quote:
Wrong.

One household has $215,000

The other household has $85,000
Wow, The Jealousy is strong with this one.

The money wasn't left to households, it was left to individuals, and it was done fairly. The grandmother has no reason to be ashamed, and is probably thrilled to death she could provide something for her precious grandchildren.

There mere fact that you refuse to recognize individuals and keep attempting to crow-bar the issue into a comparison of households suggests you have unreal expectations.

Seek help.

Old 08-04-2018, 04:18 PM

40,994 posts, read 49,376,729 times
Strange that OP is trying to convince a bunch of strangers what is fair as if it matters.
Grandma's dead and it really doesn't matter to us. I guess it gives him a chance to vent.

If we took a vote it would not change what Grandma wanted to do with her money.

It was her money wasn't it?

Old 08-04-2018, 04:19 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,458,595 times
Quote:
Great way to make bitterness
Not really. No One should even "expect" an inheritance. It kind of makes me sick that people think they "deserve" someone else's money.

Quote:
This happens a lot. Parent remarries leaves everything to new wife/husband, original kids get less $$$/ or nothing.

Actually I believe that. A spouse is chosen and if you have a good/strong marriage no spouse should want their spouse to financially suffer when they die.

Quote:
I disagree.

Leaving no reason when there isn’t one to give one kid %84 of an inheritance and the other 16% is GROSSLY unequal and will cause bitterness.

It’s not right

Life isn't right or fair. Get over it. Granny did what "she" wanted.

Quote:
Denise lacks intelligence

In my first scenario on a family level, it is grossly unequal.

$215,000 to $86,000

There’s no denying that

It wasn't left to families. It was left to individuals.

Damn...I'm going to leave everything to my pets...they won't be bitter

Old 08-04-2018, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
The money wasn’t divided among families. It was given to individuals so why you keep bringing this up only shows your inability to logically comprehend what happened

More or less babies born now or on the future are entirely irrelevant. The allocation at the time the choice was made by the owner of the assets was all children and grand children received equal share which in any ambiguous term was fair, every person received the same. Your continued attempt to consolidate the amounts at a family level are absurd
Error.

And many agree

So if one person daughter has 10 kids and one daughter has 1

Daughter 1 and family should get 252,000$ and daughter 2 and fam should get 46,000$?

Pfffffft
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance