Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2020, 12:39 PM

70 posts, read 511,922 times

Advertisements

I have the Ally CashBack card - it's Visa and 2% cash back. If you deposit into an Ally savings account, they'll give you an additional 10% of the cash back amount.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2020, 10:15 AM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhen View Post
I have the Ally CashBack card - it's Visa and 2% cash back. If you deposit into an Ally savings account, they'll give you an additional 10% of the cash back amount.
Looks like that has been discontinued.

Old 01-16-2020, 07:52 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baike View Post
I don't have Citi double cash, not 100% sure, but there is an issue some people cannot pay the bill on time, not sure how 2nd percent works. But it seems Paypal Mastercard is better than Citi double cash mastercard, at least Paypal does not break the 2% apart. Paypal mastercard does not have foreign transaction fee too, if someone cares about it. I do online shopping outside USA occasionally.

I do want VISA card(just because of Costco, also mentioned in the #1 post). For other people's comment, I think it is not really a big deal to carry one extra card, but carrying two cards means managing two cards. In fact, I do carry multiple cards (including debit card). I don't know why I carry debit card all the time, I may never use it. Maybe debit card gives me peace of mind, in case only cash is accepted somewhere, then I can use debit card to get some cash from nearby ATM, but so far it never happened to me. I think Costco food court did not accept credit card before. For me, I prefer only ONE primary credit card(to meet some of my top list of requirements), so I only need to manage one credit card. While I do use other cards occasionally for other purpose (such chase freedom offers 5% cash back for phone/internet service this quarter, so I just paid quite a few hundreds, and the account credit can last for almost one year).

Fidelity Visa card meets my requirements, and it is also the card I am using. But for some personal reasons, I am looking for an alternative VISA card. There is another person (in this thread) unhappy with Fidelity credit card.
They change it up? I haven't paid attention to the reward structure on that card since I have it for a different purpose.

I also prefer ONE card. Especially the one that is from the bank I have checking and savings with. I like all three easy to look at online almost daily.

But I cannot seem to resist using a second card that gives a higher percentage on certain things. Feels like throwing money away.

Old 01-16-2020, 08:33 PM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,521 posts, read 6,328,608 times
What about a Chase Ink business visa. I used my Ebay sales as a business to open mine. I have my internet, cable, cell phone, and landline set on auto pay for the 5%. I also use my regular Chase card with the revolving point categories. My checking is with Chase so its easy to keep a zero charge balance.

My Chase Ink has no annual fee. I get 5% cash back at office supply stores, internet, cable and phone services. 2% cash back at gas stations and restaurants and 1% cash back on all other purchases.

Old 01-18-2020, 10:50 PM

2,095 posts, read 1,559,187 times
2% cash back cards are everywhere now. my bank has a branded visa one.

i ve been using a fidelity branded visa card for years now.

citi has one

--------------

I have a mastercard I like using nowadays. It has 3% cashback on ALL online purchases, up to $2500 in spending per quarter.

Old 01-18-2020, 10:53 PM

2,327 posts, read 2,179,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rya96797 View Post

citi has one

--------------

Which 2% Visa card are you talking about? Excepting fidelity Visa card.

Citi 2% is MasterCard

Old 01-19-2020, 08:20 AM

2,525 posts, read 1,947,781 times
Not sure if there's a major difference between MC and Visa.....why is this the gating issue here ??

I've got 4 Cards for various cash reward perks. I couldn't tell you which is which. They send a bill once a month and I pay it.

If you want 2% on every purchase....get the Citi MC and pay in full each month.
That BofA Visa card is also a good option.

Old 01-19-2020, 12:22 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baike View Post
No annual fee please.

I do want VISA card (I do go to Costco while and while). I do prefer 2% cash back (most credit cards offer only 1.5%). I don't like to keep too many credit cards, I used to have more than 10 credit cards, now it is down to 5 credit cards, but still want to look for one primary credit card meeting these requirements.

Fidelity Visa card meets those requirements, but the reward point has to be deposited to other fidelity account in order to get 2% cash back, otherwise only 1%.

For some other reasons, I would like to switch from Fidelity Visa card to another Visa credit card, as long as it offers same benefits (no annual fee, 2% cash back).

I am not sure if there is any alternative.

If the card does not have foreign transaction fee, that is even better, but this is not an important factor for me.

Thanks.
i still think fidelity 2% visa is the best card for the largest number of people. simple 2% cash back across the board and its automatically deposited to your fidelity account every month, dont even need to request it.

Old 01-19-2020, 12:24 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,813,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rya96797 View Post

i ve been using a fidelity branded visa card for years now.

citi has one
Are you sure that Citi has one? I know they have the Double Cash Back, but that's not a Visa.

Old 01-19-2020, 12:32 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,813,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i still think fidelity 2% visa is the best card for the largest number of people. simple 2% cash back across the board and its automatically deposited to your fidelity account every month, dont even need to request it.
Why do you think it's better than the PayPal 2% credit card? It appears to be exactly the same; except that the money is deposited into your paypal account rather than your fidelity account.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance