Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2020, 07:47 PM

11,230 posts, read 9,471,876 times

Advertisements

Oh you poor baby with your 4% loan. I think the one car I ever bought on time in my life, back in 1986, was 12 or 14%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2020, 08:49 PM

37,833 posts, read 46,412,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goog Game Well Played View Post
I’m looking for a new truck, used it new and can’t, for the life of me find one that’s worth buying.

Used cars are super expensive with astronomical rates....4%+!!! I got 0% on one of my trucks maybe 5 years back and those are almost non existent now.

Prices of vehicles have increased dramatically as well. Not only do you have to pay a premium for a used car now but rates are insane.

Why are mortgage rates so much lower than car notes! I feel like it never used to be like this.
I think it's hilarious that you think 4% is an astronomical rate.

Old 03-06-2020, 08:49 PM

26,227 posts, read 21,776,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Wrong again.

I talked them down an extra 2500 after pitting them against another dealer. Had they known i was essentially paying 42000 cash i can pretty much guarantee I wouldn't have gotten that deal.
Putting them against another dealer has nothing to do with a cash deal. Again you have proven no leverage in an all cash deal

Quote:
Plus i saved 12,000 plus in interest
Not relevant to the discussion. This is what you have to fall back on when your original stance fails. Manufacturers and their finance arms often give incentives to finance with them, if you take the incentive and pay off the loan immediately you’d save the 12k in interest or there abouts anyhow. The car game has changed and paying all cash doesn’t help you at all, period, end of story.

Maybe it makes you feel better to think so buts it’s not in line with reality

Old 03-06-2020, 08:56 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,154,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Putting them against another dealer has nothing to do with a cash deal. Again you have proven no leverage in an all cash deal

Not relevant to the discussion. This is what you have to fall back on when your original stance fails. Manufacturers and their finance arms often give incentives to finance with them, if you take the incentive and pay off the loan immediately you’d save the 12k in interest or there abouts anyhow. The car game has changed and paying all cash doesn’t help you at all, period, end of story.

Does leverage not mean "using (something) to maximum advantage"?

Old 03-06-2020, 09:01 PM

Quote:

Annnnnnnnd wrong again.

There was no incentive to finance with anyone..

Taking out a loan and paying it off 3 weeks later to save interest of 12,000 isnt different than just buying car outright

Again having cash saved me at least 15,000 ( lower cost plus not 1 red cent in interest paid)

Old 03-06-2020, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Annnnnnnnd wrong again.

There was no incentive to finance with anyone..

Taking out a loan and paying it off 3 weeks later to save interest of 12,000 isnt different than just buying car outright

Again having cash saved me at least 15,000 ( lower cost plus not 1 red cent in interest paid)
There was no incentive or extra cash off your deal for you paying in cash. You negotiated two dealers against one another and would have received the same thing if you financed. You haven’t posted a thing to suggest the deal you got was because you paid cash. The dealer doesn’t give a crap that you’re paying cash. There may not be incentives offered to finance but there often can be, they aren’t offering incentives to cash buyers. You got nothing extra in your deal because of your cash payment

Old 03-06-2020, 09:27 PM

Quote:
There was no incentive or extra cash off your deal for you paying in cash. You negotiated two dealers against one another and would have received the same thing if you financed. You haven’t posted a thing to suggest the deal you got was because you paid cash. The dealer doesn’t give a crap that you’re paying cash. There may not be incentives offered to finance but there often can be, they aren’t offering incentives to cash buyers. You got nothing extra in your deal because of your cash payment
Both dealers had no clue i was paying in full as i played dumb guy saying "ya probably 6 years of payments".

Gaurantee i wouldn't gotten them both so low had i immediately mentioned all cash

Old 03-06-2020, 09:38 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,305,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I think it's hilarious that you think 4% is an astronomical rate.
It’s even more hilarious that someone would try to compare the interest rate of a home mortgage to a car loan ROTFL

Old 03-06-2020, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Both dealers had no clue i was paying in full as i played dumb guy saying "ya probably 6 years of payments".

Gaurantee i wouldn't gotten them both so low had i immediately mentioned all cash

Seems we've had a misunderstanding. I said paying all cash doesn’t get you a better deal and here you seem to confirm the same thing

Old 03-06-2020, 09:52 PM

I believe i got the deal because it wasnt known I was paying cash...and then paying cash

If you would have watched the video and then taken my cash at the 11th hour statement you would have gotten my drift
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance