Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2008, 04:44 PM

65 posts, read 211,745 times

Advertisements

My question is this we have filed a bankruptcy and it will be heard or whatever in three weeks and our lawyer doesn't see any issues with it that it won't be dissmissed. This has been hard and embrassing and nothing that we are taking lightly. We are from Michigan and it is bad times here. Our home a modular that was in a park, the both payments together was bigger than we could handle after loosing our jobs. We kept paying until about 3 months ago and then we knew we couldn't do it any longer. We looked into Bankruptcy because we thought it was the best thing and that they would come after us if we lost our home to foreclosure. Also we just couldn't find the jobs after working three at a time to make it here. My husband found work in another state a good job is there now, he thinks he found a house to rent, and will return in three weeks for the hearing.
I'm lost as he isn't here with me and scared. Our lawyer is good at what he does I guess but talks in circles and makes me feel like a silly girl. My big concern are theses. We are still in the home and could stay here most likley until Oct. We are leaving July 15 because we are going to where my husband is working. We live in a mobile home park and we don't have a lease. The lawyer said to just put into writing that you are letting the house go back to the lender and when you are leaving. I'm paying the lot rent for July the whole month but we are leaving July 15. I guess I wiill need to let the lender know that we are leaving the home by choice. So I'm very scared that if the lender doesn't pay the lot rent they will come after us even though we are loosing the home. What do you tell these people if you are leaving before they take your home away. Do you put it into writing. The lawyer said because we don't have a lease we can leave by putting into writing. I'm very worried. I would think after we leave the house and it goes back to the bank they are responsible for leaving the home here or moving it. The home is in forclosure right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 12:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,882 times
I am in the exact same situation. We left our home June 30th. We just received a bill for lot rent for July, August, and September. We have friends who also are in the same situation and are being sued right now by the community (same one we lived in). Have you found out anything from other sources? I don't know if we are responsible. I can't reach our attorney and it will be a long weekend worrying about this.

Old 09-19-2008, 01:02 PM

3,032 posts, read 8,933,874 times
The bank didn't agree to pay for the lot, you did. You're responsible for the rent.

Old 09-19-2008, 01:20 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,518,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
The bank didn't agree to pay for the lot, you did. You're responsible for the rent.
I assume that these folks are responsible for paying a LOT of things (no pun intended on 'lot'). For whatever reason, they cannot. Bankruptcy and foreclosure are not fun things to go through. Let them share their comments and questions with each other.

It's always wise to remember, "there, but for the grace of my employer, go I..."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance