Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 05:09 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,443,483 times

Advertisements

I have used Turbo Tax for years but I have a business this year and I am using a CPA. She also will help me set up my quickbooks so things will be easy next year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2009, 05:25 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,548,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I have a small business and I use TurboTax every year for our home/business taxes. I went to Jackson-Hewitt two years and H&R Block one year and they charged WAY too much. Never again. I tried TaxCut instead of TurboTax but to me, TurboTax is more intuitive and user friendly and the process seems to be a lot smoother.
I agree. Turbotax is the way to go. Turbotax also offers an option of a professional doing it for you. I think it is $100 or so if Im remember correctly from last year (haven't started yet this year).

Ill also state that if you have State Farm Insurance, sign up at their website and you get discounts through turbotax. State filings are free. Normally going through turbotax directly it costs me around $180 or so. Through the state farm site it saved me around $80 (found out about this last year). It's well worth it if you have State Farm insurance for anything. It's the exact same thing, it's just a type of referall link I guess.

Edit: I also have my own business so it's not quite as easy as just putting in W-2 numbers or anything. I have quite a bit of accounting yet Turbotax makes everything VERY easy to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance