Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 06:06 AM

1 posts, read 3,061 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
I need personal loan, Can you help me ? I want to know about personal loan.
what is the term and conditions for personal loans.

Best Regards
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 08:27 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,849,962 times
The best/only place for this kind of loan is from those who love you. Unless you have some valuable collateral the only thing you can offer is love.

golfgod

Old 03-18-2009, 08:50 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times
You stand a better chance of getting hit with lightning on a sunny day. Who in their right mind is going to lend a complete stranger in India money? Collateral is unenforcable and unreachable outside the USA borders.

Old 03-18-2009, 09:31 AM

269 posts, read 1,267,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
You stand a better chance of getting hit with lightning on a sunny day. Who in their right mind is going to lend a complete stranger in India money? Collateral is unenforcable and unreachable outside the USA borders.
Where in the post does the OP ask for "India money"??

Go to a local credit union and ask them. An unsecured loan will have a higher interest rate, but if you can secure the loan against something (say, a car that you own) you will get a much better rate.

Old 03-18-2009, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptos View Post
Where in the post does the OP ask for "India money"??

Go to a local credit union and ask them. An unsecured loan will have a higher interest rate, but if you can secure the loan against something (say, a car that you own) you will get a much better rate.
The name and his/her accent was a dead give away. And again, that being one known factor here, no credit union bank or Joe Schmo will lend for unsecured credit. The banks are too busy investing OUR money in other countries and not here. So no there is little credit to go round even if it is secured.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:49 PM

3,855 posts, read 13,267,811 times
Couldn't you put up property as collateral though? Say if you had a vehicle that you owned free and clear...or a piece of land? Something like that?

Old 03-18-2009, 12:57 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,882,304 times
There is an online service that has been going strong for the last year or so. If you have money to lend, you go to the web site where people in need of money state their case. It can be as large as someone needing capitol to start a business, or as small as someone needing money for school books.
The lender bids on the loans, the higher the risk, the more interrest it pays.
Here is a quote from the site:
Here's How It All Works:
Create your loan listing
Request how much you want to borrow then set your maximum interest rate. Learn how to create a great listing from the Prosper tutorial.
Watch the bidding
The auction starts immediately—Lenders can bid to fund your loan. As lenders compete, the lower your interest rate can fall.
You win!
When a fully funded listing closes, the money for your loan will be deposited directly into your bank account.
Easy monthly payments
Fixed monthly payments are automatically withdrawn from your bank account. No hidden fees, no pre-payment penalties, and your interest rate never changes.
Here is the site, take a look...
Unsecured Personal Loans at Great Rates - Prosper

Old 03-18-2009, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
There is an online service that has been going strong for the last year or so. If you have money to lend, you go to the web site where people in need of money state their case. It can be as large as someone needing capitol to start a business, or as small as someone needing money for school books.
The lender bids on the loans, the higher the risk, the more interrest it pays.
Here is a quote from the site:
Here's How It All Works:
Create your loan listing
Request how much you want to borrow then set your maximum interest rate. Learn how to create a great listing from the Prosper tutorial.
Watch the bidding
The auction starts immediately—Lenders can bid to fund your loan. As lenders compete, the lower your interest rate can fall.
You win!
When a fully funded listing closes, the money for your loan will be deposited directly into your bank account.
Easy monthly payments
Fixed monthly payments are automatically withdrawn from your bank account. No hidden fees, no pre-payment penalties, and your interest rate never changes.
Here is the site, take a look...
Unsecured Personal Loans at Great Rates - Prosper

Ain't that very interesting. I will investigate that further myself.

I know there are 2 other places where private regular people pool their funds to lend (not hard money lenders) but I have them in the storage unit so I cant post it now. But they are not auction style bidding to lend like the one you posted. What a good idea!

Old 03-18-2009, 02:07 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,882,304 times
Quote:
Ain't that very interesting. I will investigate that further myself.

I know there are 2 other places where private regular people pool their funds to lend (not hard money lenders) but I have them in the storage unit so I cant post it now. But they are not auction style bidding to lend like the one you posted. What a good idea!
It's very interesting indeed... I discovered it about a year or so ago and filed it for future reference.
At the time I decided I didn't need any more money for the potential problems that might arise.
Now that the subject has been broached again, I might take another look. Some of those interest rates are high enough to really grab your attention...

Old 03-18-2009, 02:09 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,241,172 times
Quote:
The name and his/her accent was a dead give away. And again, that being one known factor here, no credit union bank or Joe Schmo will lend for unsecured credit. The banks are too busy investing OUR money in other countries and not here. So no there is little credit to go round even if it is secured.
Off topic, but the catfish should be moving into shallow water in about a week...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance