Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 10:16 PM

72,428 posts, read 18,210,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
Our parrots love the "Happy Birthday" song.

No matter what song we sing to them they turn it into... Happy Birthday To You!!!
That is so cute!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2007, 06:32 AM

128 posts, read 272,153 times
my dog Dozer actualy tries to sing with me when i sing jesus loves me, then once i stop he will start whinning till i sing it again... sooo annoying, but sooo adorable! gotta love um right?

Old 07-18-2007, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSOM View Post
my dog Dozer actualy tries to sing with me when i sing jesus loves me, then once i stop he will start whinning till i sing it again... sooo annoying, but sooo adorable! gotta love um right?
Dozer maybe was once very spiritual and now is a dog

Old 07-26-2007, 10:28 PM

I came across this Woman's World Magazine,the July 31 issue p22 about music and pets, Quote: Austrian animal psychologists have found that cats have favorite music! they seem to love male choirs and oboes because they prefer deep rather than high-pitched,tones. In fact,this music makes them happier and less aggresive than other types of music-or evensilence.find specific music for cats at www.petsandmusic.com

So I just thought of sharing this with you. Let me know if your cat likes it

Old 07-27-2007, 07:10 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,377,305 times
I remember this big thing on the news - about this science project they did on a lot of rats. They had 2 groups of rats... (maybe they were mice? not sure) one group specifically was restricted to classical music. one was restricted to hard rock/thrash-death metal etc..

Turns out, the classical rats, manuvered the maze, ate the cheese, were content to be put back into their little home, and curled up to take a nap.

The punk rock rats, got about two steps into the maze before they started turning on eachother, attacking eachother, eating their own tails, running into the walls, and ended up bludeoning themselves to death. The one rat that did make it to the end of the maze ate the cheese, and promptly threw up, then bit the trainer that tried to put him back into the cage - where he later attacked all the new tenant rats that were being replaced in the experiment.

all the classical rats were sociable. all the rock rats were very agressive, disturbed, and tried to bite everyone and everything!!

what does this tell you!!!

This keeps me in a fit of constant giggles...when I see these rock concerts that guys go to, and are listening to heavy metal, and feel the need to "mosh pit" where they're pretty much (for reasons unknown) feeling the need to rub up against eachother, and hit eachother, and slam into things.... and start fights. silly rock rats. I hope they eat their own tails. try listening to something classical the world can be a much more productive place.

Old 07-29-2007, 09:16 PM

55 posts, read 265,315 times
This will sound crazy, but it's true :-) Back in 94', my then boyfriend (now hubby) gave me an English Springer Spaniel named Bixby. When he was just 12 weeks old & en route back from some vaccinations, I put the newly released Alison Krauss cd on in my car.

Bixby listened in quiet until the song " When You Say Nothing At All" came on & then suddenly let out a chorus of woos-hoos that seemed un-ending. I was so tickled & laughing because he continued throughout the entire duration of the song!

I even tried to trick him & would fast forward or rewind to another song, but he immediately knew & would stop singing. Then, on the first note of his song would proceed back accordingly & get crazy hyper for this song alone!! His hidden talent was quite a spectacle throughout his lifetime & so should have been on David Letterman's Stupid Pet Tricks...everyone told us so!!!

One time we were in Seaside,Florida on vacation...beautiful, sunny day where there was an outdoor concert on the lawn between some restaurants & boutiques. No Alison Krauss, but the closest you'll ever hear...we're on this blanket drinking wine & relaxing when all of the sudden at the beginning of a set, she starts playing Bixby's Song. Needless to say, Bixby stole the show & the made his stage debut :-)

It's not as popular today, but whenever I hear the song, I still think of my beloved baby with a smile on my face!!!

Old 07-29-2007, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbluefish View Post
This will sound crazy, but it's true :-) Back in 94', my then boyfriend (now hubby) gave me an English Springer Spaniel named Bixby. When he was just 12 weeks old & en route back from some vaccinations, I put the newly released Alison Krauss cd on in my car.

Bixby listened in quiet until the song " When You Say Nothing At All" came on & then suddenly let out a chorus of woos-hoos that seemed un-ending. I was so tickled & laughing because he continued throughout the entire duration of the song!

I even tried to trick him & would fast forward or rewind to another song, but he immediately knew & would stop singing. Then, on the first note of his song would proceed back accordingly & get crazy hyper for this song alone!! His hidden talent was quite a spectacle throughout his lifetime & so should have been on David Letterman's Stupid Pet Tricks...everyone told us so!!!

One time we were in Seaside,Florida on vacation...beautiful, sunny day where there was an outdoor concert on the lawn between some restaurants & boutiques. No Alison Krauss, but the closest you'll ever hear...we're on this blanket drinking wine & relaxing when all of the sudden at the beginning of a set, she starts playing Bixby's Song. Needless to say, Bixby stole the show & the made his stage debut :-)

It's not as popular today, but whenever I hear the song, I still think of my beloved baby with a smile on my face!!!
This is sooooo sweet! Never know how or why your pet reacts to certain things.

Old 07-30-2007, 02:01 AM

55 posts, read 265,315 times
Thanks Dragonten!

It really was SOOO cute...we did show his "talent" off from time to time when guests were over for dinner or something! His howling would increase in volume & duration when Alison hits those high angelic notes so friends were always entertained!!!

Thanks for your sweet reply :-)

Old 07-30-2007, 08:20 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,377,305 times
That is adorable!!! What a cute doggie, and what a treasure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbluefish View Post

Old 08-07-2007, 06:48 PM

265 posts, read 814,654 times
Whenever I sing "I'm in the mood for love" ( sung in a high pitch like in the cat food commercial of years back) my cat, Mya comes running to me no matter where she is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets