Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 01:12 PM

511 posts, read 2,199,641 times

Advertisements

Yip, I LOVE your Echo and Freddie!! I'd like to have a geko someday.

My little Skye just shed, here's a better photo of him/her:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2012, 06:32 PM

184 posts, read 702,922 times
samanya, normal ball python:

cate-ome, lavender corn snake:

Old 02-14-2013, 09:14 AM

15 posts, read 42,505 times
I have 2 Ball Pythons and an Irian Jaya Carpet Python. ...

Old 02-14-2013, 10:58 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,820,680 times
We have a leopard Gecko too. We once had a giant iguana. He was about 7 feet long, mostly tail. He woudl whip that tail around and you could hear it sing as it went throuhg he air. He could seriously hurt you with it. They are not friendly when they get old. Only when theya re little. We had to handle him with gloves at all times, he woudl bite, scratch or whip you.

A few streets away for us was a lady known in our hood as the lizard lady. She bred rare lizards. She had at least 20 of them, One room of her house was all terrariums and the other rooms had one or two. Our kids used to love visiting her. I know she had some kind of bearded dragon, I do not recall what all else. Some of them were very valuable. She had to have a license to keep some of them.

Some of the kids wnated a snake, but wife put her foot down. No snakes. That is almost the only pet we have not had (no pig either darn it).

Old 02-15-2013, 07:51 AM

385 posts, read 615,268 times
We have eight snakes currently: a high white California King, a Mexican King, a Pueblan Milk snake, two typical and one pastel ball pythons, a wild-caught garter snake we found injured in the garage as a baby (she tamed down nicely), and our latest addition is a baby rainbow boa.

This summer we're also getting a breeding pair of red-tail boas.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:40 PM

385 posts, read 615,268 times
Update: our breeding pair of red-tails arrived early! Brownie (the larger hypo) and Beau (pastel):

And my husband brought this year old BCI home last weekend. He was only supposed to get feeder mice from the pet store, but the price was right (free) since the former owner surrendered her and the store owner couldn't verify her background. My daughter named her Athena:

We did finally contact the breeder and got some info on her. Her momma is 11' and still growing, so she's going to be huge when she reaches her full growth. Lots bigger than my little ball pythons!

Old 04-07-2013, 12:51 PM

3,633 posts, read 6,174,886 times
My ex and I used to breed various species of kingsnakes and also had several morphs of albino corn snakes. We lived in San Francisco at the time, and our garage was the perfect temperature for hibernating the king snakes so the males would produce sperm, except for one species from the mountains of Mexico. That one we had to take to a friend's house in the Sierra foothills where his garage was cold enough. Our friends used to think we were nuts to drive our snake three hours to hibernate, but we got nice babies the next spring from him!

We were lucky in that we worked at a University biology department that had a mouse-rearing room that no one was using, so we raised our own mice. However, some of the snakes would only eat fence lizards, or a mouse that had been rubbed with a fence lizard, so we had to go out periodically and lasso some lizards. It WAS a lot of work, but interesting.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:37 PM

30,358 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Awwww... that first picture (of your boas) is adorable, bcr!!

Old 04-12-2013, 08:56 PM

30,358 posts, read 51,950,786 times
A few newer additions since the last time I posted:

I bred these sweet baby Spider Ball Pythons last fall... sadly only 2/8 of the clutch survived, but I got a boy & a girl spider (so those odds were good)!

Old picture of my Orange Ghost boy, Hamlet...

More recently (he's even fatter now!)

And a curious/periscoping Mojave girl - her name is Iris, and I bred her in 2011.

Old 04-13-2013, 08:41 AM

511 posts, read 2,199,641 times
I just love looking at these photos!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets