Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2006, 04:44 PM

88 posts, read 247,127 times

Advertisements

Anyone out there have this problem?I bought two eight month old goats about
a month ago and as long as I am out in the pasture with them they are fine.
they stay really close.Once I go to the house they go crazy,they start bawling and running back and forth along the fence,even ascaped a couple times.they are very lovable and a handfull!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2006, 09:23 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,987,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmypets View Post
Anyone out there have this problem?I bought two eight month old goats about
a month ago and as long as I am out in the pasture with them they are fine.
they stay really close.Once I go to the house they go crazy,they start bawling and running back and forth along the fence,even ascaped a couple times.they are very lovable and a handfull!
They're great for keeping a pasture tamed for sure, and I realize they're lovable creatures, but their rectangular pupils creep me out and they smell to high heaven when they get wet.. I think they'll get used to being out there without you all the time. Maybe they were raised with humans constantly with them? Just make sure they have a shelter enclosed on three sides that's not open to the prevailing wind.

Old 10-09-2006, 12:26 AM

1,316 posts, read 5,789,581 times
Talking iluvmypets:

Goats??!! Oh how I would LOVE to have the honor of goats living on my property! (don't think that would quite work here in Miami )

Where are you located and how many acres do you have?

I fed what I thought were goats, but they turned out to be sheep!
I love them all!!!

Do you have any other animals?

Old 10-09-2006, 04:05 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,027,833 times
We had neighbors who had a very peculiar and sad situation with their goats.
There were two pregnant nannies. One was older and dominant, the other younger and more passive. They seemed to be good buddies.
The younger nanny gave birth to a pair of females, and first one baby kid died, then they watched the dominant female butt the other and figured out what was happening, but it was too late--it died too.
Then the older nanny gave birth to a baby billy goat, and she was a good mother to him. Too bad about those poor little female kids.
BTW
The kids did cry a little, but not that much.
I've heard dogs that were much worse.

Old 10-09-2006, 09:08 AM

88 posts, read 247,127 times
Default crybaby goats

Hey guys
I live in N.M.on a few acres and the goats have a nice shelter.they are both
nuetered males and dehorned.You cannot seperate the two for a second
without them getting crazy.I also have a blue-nosed pitbull and he gets along wonderful with them.It's follow the leader when we're out in the pasture,if I start to run the three of them are running along side me.I have a tendacy to spoil any pets I have! I have been thinking thinking of taking my little family and moving to W.V.

Old 10-10-2006, 04:50 PM

241 posts, read 998,575 times
We had two baby billies that we turned out in the yard then when they were done with the bottle we put them on a leash to eat the grass along the fences. As long as they could see the house and each other they were fine. We named them Pepsi and Dew, after the bottles they were fed out of. We eventually gave them to my husband's nephew for more weed control.

I have a friend in TN that raises the fainting goats and makes a fortune with them. Hers are just adorable and I am thankful that she is so far away, for now, or I would own a ton of them!!!

Old 10-10-2006, 06:27 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
Whenever we had a horse with seperation anxiety we always got them a goat for a companion. Maybe the reverse would work, and you could get a pony who needs a good home, or a donkey to keep them company.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets