Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 11:39 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,910,188 times

Advertisements

just when i thought i could not like huckabee less, i see that his son was arrested for catching, torturing, and killing a stray dog. i know that some people would say that this does not matter, but doesn't this point to a character issue?

Old 12-20-2007, 01:51 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,495,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
just when i thought i could not like huckabee less, i see that his son was arrested for catching, torturing, and killing a stray dog. i know that some people would say that this does not matter, but doesn't this point to a character issue?
It was his son not the dad and you are right it does not matter.

Old 12-21-2007, 04:42 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,910,188 times
it does not matter to you, but it certainly matters to me. the way that you raise your children is a reflection of you. that was not a harmless prank that he did but a vicious act. i would be ashamed to have a child like that and would certainly get him into therapy pronto!! also, i am not a big fan of coverups by any politician.

Old 12-21-2007, 06:48 AM

996 posts, read 3,278,213 times
Quote:
it does not matter to you, but it certainly matters to me. the way that you raise your children is a reflection of you. that was not a harmless prank that he did but a vicious act. i would be ashamed to have a child like that and would certainly get him into therapy pronto!! also, i am not a big fan of coverups by any politician.
I know what you mean. I felt the same way when the story came out about Al Gore's son being caught with drugs. Instead of preaching to everyone about how THEY should live, he should have been worrying about his own kid.

Old 12-21-2007, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Their are allot of very good moms and dads that do their very best but kids still grow up bad. It Happens. Don' put your blame of his dad. And it does not matter. Do you blame Michael Vicks mother and father for what he did to the pit bulls???

Old 12-21-2007, 01:11 PM

836 posts, read 3,381,835 times
I don't see how this would reflect on whether or not you would like someone just because of their past.. unless it had something to do directly with what they are being voted in for..
Good grief.. this happened way back in 1998..(In 1998, David Huckabee was among two boys fired from a Boy Scout camp after a stray dog was killed after wandering onto camp property. David Huckabee, 17 at the time, said the dog appeared ill; no charges were filed.) I would have killed the dog too..I don't think it has anything to do with Huckabee being a bad parent!
In April 26, 2007..
His son was also arrested for almost carrying a firearm onto a plane.. BUT before you judge read the whole story.. I think people need to read the whole story before they judge people..instead of jumping to conclusions and then hating someone for what might or might not have happened.
(LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — David Huckabee, a son of Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee, was arrested at Little Rock's airport Thursday after a federal X-ray technician detected a loaded Glock pistol in his carry-on luggage. "I removed the bag and asked Mr. Huckabee if he knew what he had in the bag," Little Rock police officer Arthur Nugent wrote in a report after being summoned to a security checkpoint. "He replied he did now." Huckabee, 26, later pleaded guilty in Little Rock District Court after being charged with possessing a weapon in a prohibited place. District Judge Lee Munson gave Huckabee a one-year suspended jail sentence and ordered him into 10 days of community service — which Huckabee can avoid by paying $100. Huckabee will be on probation for a year. Fines and costs totaled $605.
The son of the former Arkansas governor holds a concealed weapons permit. The elder Huckabee, who said last week that Virginia Tech gunman Cho Seung-Hui perhaps could have been stopped if a teacher or student had also been armed, also has a concealed weapons permit.
)

Old 12-21-2007, 01:29 PM

1,712 posts, read 4,232,395 times
it matters to me. If a father can't raise his son to be a decent and good willed man, what does that say about the father (huckabee) himself?

Old 12-21-2007, 03:47 PM

836 posts, read 3,381,835 times
How do you know David Huckabee isn't a good willed man just because of something that happened 9 years ago? Unless you were there you really have no idea why he shot this dog, and it doesn't necessarily mean that Huckabee was being a bad father. Are you saying you never did anything wrong when you was a child? And if you did something wrong does this mean your parents are horrible people now? So we should judge your parents and say they are bad people because of something you might have done when you were younger. If David Huckabee was a bad kid growing up always in trouble in and out of jail all the time and then murder someone that would be cause for saying his father was a bad person and they should have instilled better values in their child! Then you would maybe think twice for voting for him because who would want a president who can't instill good values in thier children and letalone run a country. But this isn't the case.

Old 12-21-2007, 04:27 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,009,891 times
Now, how does this affect the ability of his father to be president?

Silliness.

Old 12-21-2007, 06:01 PM

He should be thanked for killing a sick dog, That dog could of had rabies. A dog coming near my house that looks sick will be shot on the spot. His dad raised him just fine. Only thing this is all about is Democrats don't like him and will do anything they can to hurt his campaign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets