Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 09:04 PM

180 posts, read 957,416 times

Advertisements

Here's another thought... just to add to the mix of wonderful advice you have already been given...

I raised rabbits in WV. One of my does was HUGE! and she did all these things you described. She not only bit but she came at me with her front feet flying!

Then one day, she approached me as sweet as she could be. I picked her up and cuddled her and she snuffed up in my hair and neck...
I had changed my shampoo and left off my cologne. She came at me flying the next day.... and I realized what the difference was then. worth a shot... I know I had a horse like that once too... hated patchoulie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2008, 05:21 PM

119 posts, read 546,224 times
Just a thought for when she's being spayed (which I agree is probably the best idea) if one of your other rabbits is a particularly close friend to her you might want to have that other bunny go with her just to help keep her calm during the ride and wait.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:39 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,398,527 times
We had a little white bunny for a while. It was the weirdest thing, she hated my finger nails and would growl when I'd scratch her head or belly, anyone else could do it, just not me. She would bite at my heels when I'd walk past her and chase me down the hallway growling at me. After a while we started calling her "Bunicula", she had her sweet moments too. I've had other bunnies but they never showed any aggressiveness, like "Bunicula".

Old 02-13-2008, 08:34 PM

514 posts, read 1,669,803 times
Is she only aggressive around her cage? They can be whats called cage aggressive.

Old 06-12-2009, 02:42 PM

1 posts, read 843 times
Default need to spay

It seems pretty obvious that your bunny is exhibiting normal behavior from a bunny that has not yet been spayed or neutered. They pee and poop to leave a scent to attract a mate, and to mark territory. After I had my bunnies spayed they calmed down and went in their litterboxes by themselves without any training. I would go to a vet that specialized in rabbits also. You can get a list of rabbit vets from the House Rabbit Society webpage. (see article "find a good vet" for one in your area.)

Old 06-14-2009, 04:14 PM

216 posts, read 682,262 times
I have a Neatherland Dwarf doe who is about 4 years old, and very cage aggressive; ND's tend to be terrirtorial, and the does more so. Female rabbits are the ones who must guard their nests,and protect their kits from predators, so they can be very aggressive when guarding their space. Once out of her cage, she can be quite affectionate...except when she becomes "hormonal", then she will bite, regardless.

I would suggest finding a vet who is experienced and comfortable with spaying rabbits...many small animal vets are not. Find a vet who deals with exotics, they will have a better idea of what kind of anesthesia to use. Mt rabbit is all of 2 lbs, so I have avoided spaying her, due to my own paranoia about losing her during the operation. We have all figured out how to handle her, including my ten year old, and can tell by her behavior when she is hormonal and its not a good time to handle her. We have pretty much adapted to her behavior, and learned to live with it, since most of the time, once we get her out of the cage, she is perfectly pleasant.

Old 06-14-2009, 05:46 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,451,759 times
Wascally wabbits!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets