Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 09:11 PM

2,639 posts, read 3,222,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel'r View Post
A close relative actually said that when our dog was dying. You know, when she has health concerns, I just can't bring myself to feel concerned. I just can't. Sounds heartless, but she just ripped something out that day. Can't put the "care" switch back on.
I don't blame you one bit. People can be so very cruel and uncaring which is evident by the thousands of homeless pets in this country. I can't stand it.

I just got off the phone with a friend telling her that my neighbors are driving me nuts because they don't pay any attention to a sweet young pup they have, a small dog. They keep the other dog in the house, another small one, as well as a cat, but say the one in the yard is too hyper. He isn't and plus, he's a baby. The house dog is about 4 years old. I picked the little guy up one day and cuddled him. He was so calm and loved the attention. While petting him, his eyelids were shutting.

I think the only interaction he has is with my two large dogs sniffing him at the fence and me speaking to him. It's making me crazy. They went away for the weekend to camp at the lake without him. I couldn't believe it.

He was crying tonight when the lady of the house drove up. The man of the house had already been home for hours. She let the other small dog out into the front yard to use the bathroom, and I'm supposing it's because the other one would interfere with her life. Ugh!!

If this keeps up, I may ask them if they want him or not. I really can't afford another dog, but I can't stand this.

Once again, "The more I'm around people, the more I love my dogs."

By the way, Dorothy1960, this little guy is a wire-haired Dachshund.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2007, 09:13 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,295,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy1960 View Post
One "friend" said to me (about my wire hair dachshund, the love of my life) "why don't you get a real dog?" The same "friend" didn't see why I was so upset when she told me about her daughter's dog, and since her daughter couldn't take care of it anymore, she just let it out of the apartment.... Imagine my reaction now.. I said to her Why didn't you take it to the Shelter?!?!? Any HUMAN BEING would do that... and my 'friend' said to me, well then the Shelter would have her name and she's never be able to get another dog there!!

EXACTLY my point! People like this don't deserve pets!!

My dachsie is part of our family... he even won over my hubby with his cuteness and little dog bit attitude.
WOW, that story is unbelievable...what is wrong with people??

My life has been an interesting one, my family has never been really there for me but through good times and bad my pets have been. Through a cancer scare, through pregnancy, through divorce...my pets were my support system...

Old 06-06-2007, 12:04 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
Default agree-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel'r View Post
A close relative actually said that when our dog was dying. You know, when she has health concerns, I just can't bring myself to feel concerned. I just can't. Sounds heartless, but she just ripped something out that day. Can't put the "care" switch back on.

I had an aunt who bought her son a beautiful husky. She got rid of it when it got too big.

My dogs are like my children. Anyone who doesnt appreciate them must have no heart.

sunny

Old 06-06-2007, 07:13 AM

1,408 posts, read 8,019,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassy1 View Post
Yep, my Cassy is the best, love her just like my kids. Everyday when I come home from work her and my husband are on the front porch.....waiting. The kids used to do that too, but they wanted something........
Now that the nice weather is here, my dh leaves the front door open (screen door is closed) and as soon as i pull in the driveway i'm greeted by my two furbabies standing in the doorway, tails wagging. My heart melts everyday.

Old 06-06-2007, 07:24 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,183,403 times
I was at the local pound bringing them some dog food one day, I noticed a very old dalmation. A lady told them, it was her husband's dog and he had passed away and she couldn't keep him. When questioned further, she said he had died 12 years ago.
I couldn't believe someone could do that, especially since they gas the dogs in this horrible little box.
Especially when there is a vet a block away from the pound.

Old 06-06-2007, 07:46 AM

2,639 posts, read 3,222,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfingatwork View Post
Now that the nice weather is here, my dh leaves the front door open (screen door is closed) and as soon as i pull in the driveway i'm greeted by my two furbabies standing in the doorway, tails wagging. My heart melts everyday.

I know the feeling. I can't wait to get home from work and before I even get close to the house, I think about my dogs and how happy they'll be when I arrive. They are love and loved.

Old 06-06-2007, 08:35 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,155,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewGee View Post
I don't blame you one bit. People can be so very cruel and uncaring which is evident by the thousands of homeless pets in this country. I can't stand it.

I just got off the phone with a friend telling her that my neighbors are driving me nuts because they don't pay any attention to a sweet young pup they have, a small dog. They keep the other dog in the house, another small one, as well as a cat, but say the one in the yard is too hyper. He isn't and plus, he's a baby. The house dog is about 4 years old. I picked the little guy up one day and cuddled him. He was so calm and loved the attention. While petting him, his eyelids were shutting.

I think the only interaction he has is with my two large dogs sniffing him at the fence and me speaking to him. It's making me crazy. They went away for the weekend to camp at the lake without him. I couldn't believe it.

He was crying tonight when the lady of the house drove up. The man of the house had already been home for hours. She let the other small dog out into the front yard to use the bathroom, and I'm supposing it's because the other one would interfere with her life. Ugh!!

If this keeps up, I may ask them if they want him or not. I really can't afford another dog, but I can't stand this.

Once again, "The more I'm around people, the more I love my dogs."

By the way, Dorothy1960, this little guy is a wire-haired Dachshund.

Take him. Take him. Take him. I would have a long time ago and if you can get him but can't keep him, maybe we could get it over to me somehow.
I just can't deal with anybody who abuses their animals and what they're doing is ABUSE in caps!

Old 06-06-2007, 08:57 AM

3,684 posts, read 11,813,161 times
This is a letter that was sent to our rescue as a joke, but it really does make a point:

Surrender letter to "CHILD RESCUE":

Please help! !!! After two long years of being on a waiting list for a dog,
we have been notified by Beagle Rescue that, at long last, our number has
come up and ... WE ARE HAVING A PUPPY!!!

We must get rid of our children IMMEDIATELY because we just know how time
consuming our new little puppy is going to be and it just wouldn't be fair
to the children. Since our little puppy will be arriving on Monday we MUST
place the children up for adoption this
weekend!

They are described as:

One male - His name is Tommy, Caucasian (English/Irish mix), light blonde
hair, blue eyes. Four years old. Excellent disposition. He doesn't bite.
Temperament tested. Does have problems with peeing directly in the toilet.
Has had chicken pox and is current on all shots. Tonsils have already been removed.

Tommy eats everything, is very clean, house trained and gets along well
with others. Does not run with scissors and with a little training he should be
able to read soon.

One female - Her name is Lexie, Caucasian (English/Irish mix), strawberry
blonde hair, green eyes quite freckled. Two years old. Can be surly at
times. Non-biter, thumb sucker. Has been temperament tested but needs a
little attitude adjusting occasionally. She is current on all shots, tonsils out, and is very healthy & can be affectionate. Gets along well with other little girls & little boys but does not like to share her toys and therefore would do best in a one child household. She is a very quick learner and is currently working on her house training-shouldn't take long at all.

We really do LOVE our children so much and want to do what's right for
them; that is why we contacted a rescue group. But we simply can nolonger
keep them. Also, we are afraid that they may hurt our new puppy.

I hope you understand that ours is a UNIQUE situation and we have a real
emergency here!!! They MUST be placed into your rescue by Sunday night at
the latest or we will beforced to drop them off at the orphanage or along
some dark, country road. Our priority now has to be our new puppy.

Sincerely,
Parents of Tommy and Lexie

Old 06-06-2007, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
This is a letter that was sent to our rescue as a joke, but it really does make a point:

Surrender letter to "CHILD RESCUE":
BAH, HA, HA, HA... LMAO!!!!!! Bought time someone came out with a letter like this. thanks for sharing.

Old 06-06-2007, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
Take him. Take him. Take him. I would have a long time ago and if you can get him but can't keep him, maybe we could get it over to me somehow.
I just can't deal with anybody who abuses their animals and what they're doing is ABUSE in caps!
I second taking him. Poor little puppy. Those people do not deserve a sweet little puppy like that. Makes you wonder if that's how they "trained" their first dog. JERKS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets