Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 08:04 AM

1 posts, read 3,133 times

Advertisements

Have you looked into the Harleysville area? Its quite close to Souderton. "Greater" Harleysville has a lot of lovely rural roads with farms and orchards around but shopping and all the conveniences aren't too far away. We live in a corner of Perkiomen Township just outside of Schwenksville going towards Harleysville. Its a lovely area with great views. Nice people too. Schools are good - if not for you for resale purposes in case you move. We left the area for the sunny West 10 yrs ago but our kids clamored to come back we finally gave in!!An area with a lot of warmth and history but welcoming to newcomers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2008, 09:39 AM

17 posts, read 242,103 times
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the posts. We ended up buying an old farm house in Perkiomenville PA. So we're close to Royerford (15 mintues!) we enjoy having the stores (target, acme, kohls) so close. The drive to Souderton is a bit "far" but we're happy with our decision. Now hopefully the quarry doesn't ever become an issue!

Old 01-03-2013, 05:20 PM

83 posts, read 279,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyRF25 View Post
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the posts. We ended up buying an old farm house in Perkiomenville PA. So we're close to Royerford (15 mintues!) we enjoy having the stores (target, acme, kohls) so close. The drive to Souderton is a bit "far" but we're happy with our decision. Now hopefully the quarry doesn't ever become an issue!

If you are still living in Perkiomenville I would be interested to know how you like it. I am just curious for various reasons.
I would appreciate you answer.

Best…

Old 01-05-2013, 04:31 PM

421 posts, read 834,759 times
Sorry to rain on anyone's parade but I wouldn't want to live anywhere in rural Montgomery County even if someone offered me a million dollars to. There seems to be a lot of racism in Harleysville, Royersford, Pottstown, Gilbertsville, and yes Souderton. In fact, Boyertown, which is Berks County not far outside Reading, but also right next to Gilbertsville, made the national news a long time ago I think when a hate crime happened. And these areas seem backwards in other ways too. I saw a documentary called "Lebanon PA" at an indie movie fest in Lansdowne (NOT to be confused with more rural Lansdale) a few years ago and despite being fictional and at times comical, it was very scary and sad. I know Lebanon isn't too close to anything in Montgomery or Bucks, but a lot of the conflicts seen in the movie most likely are representative of big issues that affect most of Pennsylvania.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:25 PM

3,391 posts, read 8,780,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer778 View Post
If you are still living in Perkiomenville I would be interested to know how you like it. I am just curious for various reasons.
I would appreciate you answer.

Best…
Don't hold your breath waiting for an answer.
If you left click over Amyrf25's name on her last post you will see that she hasn't been here since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardwhirlboromarlpool1955 View Post
Sorry to rain on anyone's parade but I wouldn't want to live anywhere in rural Montgomery County even if someone offered me a million dollars to. There seems to be a lot of racism in Harleysville, Royersford, Pottstown, Gilbertsville, and yes Souderton. In fact, Boyertown, which is Berks County not far outside Reading, but also right next to Gilbertsville, made the national news a long time ago I think when a hate crime happened. And these areas seem backwards in other ways too. I saw a documentary called "Lebanon PA" at an indie movie fest in Lansdowne (NOT to be confused with more rural Lansdale) a few years ago and despite being fictional and at times comical, it was very scary and sad. I know Lebanon isn't too close to anything in Montgomery or Bucks, but a lot of the conflicts seen in the movie most likely are representative of big issues that affect most of Pennsylvania.
Just out of curiosity, Which race is being racist to which race in Royersford ? LOL

Old 01-05-2013, 05:43 PM

421 posts, read 834,759 times
Dumb, boneheaded whites who would feel more at home in the South are putting blacks through hell.

Old 11-20-2014, 11:33 AM

1 posts, read 1,319 times
What is being built on the large tract of land in the area of Lewis Road and Cherry Lane?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia