Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2010, 05:08 AM

1 posts, read 1,608 times

Advertisements

My husband is starting his new job outside of Princeton next week. Our house is going on the market in a few weeks and we are planning to relocate to Bucks County. We think we like Council Rock SD and love the Newtown area. Our budget is modest---we would like to settle at $350K or less. We are coming from a small rural community in Berks County, PA. With 3 boys 4 and under, where can we get the best best bang for our buck (4bd/2bath) with young professionals (30s) with small children? We've love the area, but have been disappointed by homes/neighborhoods in our price range that we've driven by. Also, any super realtors that you can recommend would be awesome! I'll need a lot of help since my time is spent changing diapers! ;o) Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2010, 07:11 AM

27,224 posts, read 43,956,177 times
It's a case of your budget and criteria not meeting. The reality is your looking at nice 1970s build homes in well established neighborhoods or attached newer build townhouses without yards and fewer square feet in that area at your price point. If you move further to the north (Perkasie/Souderton area) you'll most likely find what you're looking for. The schools in Upper Bucks County are quite good as well. Good luck!

Old 12-07-2010, 10:54 PM

692 posts, read 2,352,183 times
Actually... priced right at 357k is an amazing house in Yardley right now right by the Scudders falls bridge - you'd have a super easy commute, good schools, AWESOME neighborhood, etc. It's a rare price for this nice of a house, but the seller needs a quick settlement because he was relocated for work. I can send you more info if you want. Other than that house, you'd be looking most likely in Holland/Richboro if you want to stay under 350k.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:39 AM

1,294 posts, read 3,255,241 times
Council Rock is a awesome school district, if you can get there, by all means move there.

Old 12-08-2010, 12:27 PM

Agreed with SP, I normally throw that in there but got distracted... In order, I rank the school districts: Council Rock/ Pennsbury /Neshaminy as the 3 best in this area.

Old 12-15-2010, 01:42 PM

42 posts, read 84,712 times
Default Based on my research on Yardley

I actually live in Princeton and am looking exclusively in Newtown and trying to stay in the 550-650K range for something that I don't have to gut renovate (not an easy feat). I was looking at Yardley, but having spoken to at least 4 educators from Pennsbury and other districts, Pennsbury schools are ranked like 200th in the state and that at some point, when students converge into high school, your kid could be going to school with a kid who is living out of his/her car (yes, literally). So unless you are planning on sending your kids to private schools in the area, please bear in mind that school system is priced into Yardley (oh and beware of flood zones!!!---the town had 2 100-year floods in a very short period of time).

Old 12-15-2010, 11:22 PM

Edavid -
Regarding Yardley and flood zones, it's actually a very small area that has ever been hit by floods.. the rest of the town is way above the flood plane. It's from River Rd to a street before the Canal that was hit during those two 100 year floods. Which is only the distance of approx 4 streets in depth and less than a mile wide.

Also regarding the school district - it's actually very highly regarded among people from this area.. like any school it has it's issues, but it definitely has more positives than negatives going for it, and the diversity is something that is actually a selling point for a lot of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia