Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2011, 11:32 AM

41 posts, read 53,006 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am a transplant to the Bensalem area and considering a move to yardley or washington crossing PA. I am confused about Yardley and WC...are they the same town? Same area? Could you please describe the commute from Besnsalem to this area and what is the best way to go?
I am not familiar w/ the area at all, and would like any info. I have been to New hope, wondering if Yardley/WC is nearby?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 04:06 PM

692 posts, read 2,351,972 times
Hey there! Resident of Yardley here Yardley borders Washington Crossing, but they are not the same town or township. Yardley Boro is it's own town, and the rest of Yardley is Lower Makefield Township. Washington Crossing is Upper Makefield Township. They go to two different school systems too (Yardley = Pennsbury, WC = Council Rock).

The best way to get there from Bensalem is to jump on I95 and take it North to the last exit in PA (it says New Hope on the sign, but it's actually still Yardley). That is Taylorsville Rd. If you were to make a right onto Taylorsville you'd be in Yardley. If you made a left, you'd be in Washington Crossing. It's pretty simple.

Homes are very hard to come by for sale in WC however.. I mean, VERY hard to come by. Right now there are only a handful listed, and they are pretty high priced. It's a very desirable area, and when folks move there they tend to stay for life!

Old 04-28-2011, 11:52 AM

19 posts, read 53,220 times
Watch out for the police in Yardley boro, they will ticket you if you go so much as 1mph over the speed limit.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:49 PM

692 posts, read 2,351,972 times
So true... I've been pulled over twice, in my own driveway.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:53 AM

19 posts, read 53,220 times
Got ticketed for doing 39 in a 35....going into a 40mph zone. And then the cop yelled at me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia