Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 11:12 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,014,760 times

Advertisements

If you were able to choose your ideal racial demographics for Philadelphia, what would it be?
My List: Black:25%, White:35%, Hispanic:22% Asian:18%

Old 06-03-2011, 10:04 AM

10,227 posts, read 16,836,180 times
5% unemployed

Old 06-03-2011, 11:15 AM

6,327 posts, read 9,163,802 times
0% people who care about the demographics of a place and want to change them.

Old 06-04-2011, 08:13 PM

120 posts, read 289,503 times
99% Japanese 1% me, crime would be unheard of, all schools would be excellant, thug behaviour would be unheard of, woman would be able to walk ANYWHERE at all hours of the day or night, the city would be really jumping because there would have been no need to build suburbs and people would stay in the same neighborhood where they grew up in. There would no longer be over 300 murders a year, the trains would be spotless and there would be no people eaten ghettis on the train, and if there were a power shortage or a natural disaster people would work together without there being confusion and looting .....sigh

Old 06-04-2011, 08:18 PM

Oh and Philly would be no.1 in the thin and trim polls

Old 06-09-2011, 09:19 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,228,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybound View Post
99% Japanese 1% me, crime would be unheard of, all schools would be excellant, thug behaviour would be unheard of, woman would be able to walk ANYWHERE at all hours of the day or night, the city would be really jumping because there would have been no need to build suburbs and people would stay in the same neighborhood where they grew up in. There would no longer be over 300 murders a year, the trains would be spotless and there would be no people eaten ghettis on the train, and if there were a power shortage or a natural disaster people would work together without there being confusion and looting .....sigh
lol. I live in Japan.

You pretty much described it.

Women can get drunk and pass out in the streets at 3am. Nothing happens.

I just brought that up as I saw that last weekend. Some girl in a mini-skirt, on a deserted street off a very popular area, lying across the sidewalk. Had her underwear showing the way she was stretched out and purse lying on the side. (First thing we thought was damn, this girl is going to get dragged to the side and raped, and that purse will be gone! Than remembered we were in Japan).

My buddy and I walked over to the police station, told them about it. They kind of laughed, and very casually walked over. Than they put her in a taxi and sent her home (I don't even know if police would trust taxis in the U.S. either).

Old 06-09-2011, 10:04 AM

Its to our shame that it is probably true in every major American city, I have friends from Canada in town recently, they called me and told me where they were walking , I told them DON"T MOVE, I will be right there!
I was in London with a friend of mine who lives there and he says we have to be careful around this particular area , I asked why? he said there was a stabbing there last year, I said just one? we have over 300 murders every year in Philly for as long as I can remember , its not too funny

Old 06-09-2011, 10:09 AM

and if Japanese people come to town they are like babes in the woods

Old 06-09-2011, 02:10 PM

513 posts, read 581,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybound View Post
Its to our shame that it is probably true in every major American city, I have friends from Canada in town recently, they called me and told me where they were walking , I told them DON"T MOVE, I will be right there!
I was in London with a friend of mine who lives there and he says we have to be careful around this particular area , I asked why? he said there was a stabbing there last year, I said just one? we have over 300 murders every year in Philly for as long as I can remember , its not too funny
Very true. Canada and all of these other countries in Europe have fairly homogenous populations, that's why they have much lower crime rates. As the minority populations increase, so do the crime rates. It's not racism, it's just a fact. Not saying all minorities are criminals, just that statistically minorities commit a disproportionate number of crimes compared with whites.

Old 06-09-2011, 06:37 PM

8,982 posts, read 21,184,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
Very true. Canada and all of these other countries in Europe have fairly homogenous populations, that's why they have much lower crime rates. As the minority populations increase, so do the crime rates. It's not racism, it's just a fact. Not saying all minorities are criminals, just that statistically minorities commit a disproportionate number of crimes compared with whites.
Let's not shift a thread that may be "naturally" suspectible to controversy into an off-topic discussion on ethnicity and race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia