Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 02:14 PM

469 posts, read 925,462 times

Advertisements

Do not move to Philly. You will be more happy in Cherry Hill, NJ. All the good people who use to live in Philly, has moved there.There is no crime and everyone is super nice to each other.You will think you were living in a Norman Rockwell painting.

Old 04-27-2012, 05:40 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,541,261 times
how's the autistic kid doin?

trap

Old 04-27-2012, 05:49 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,701,215 times
Do not move to Philly? Move to Cherry Hill? HAHA!

Why should people move to Cherry Hill instead of Philly? Please I would love to hear your opinions.

and yes you are so correct... all good people have moved to Cherry Hill... haha and no where else in the metro or the United States... in fact no good people have even stayed in the city. 1.6 million people living within the city limits and NONE of them are good people. 6-7 million living in the metro of Philly but the ONLY good people are those living in Cherry Hill... get out of here. This is a joke. No crime? This is a joke right? NJ is one of the most violent states in the US and a ton of crime spills over from your numerous failed cities into the suburbs. I agree Cherry Hill is overall safe...kinda... but if you want crime free move to the main line in PA or several locations like Newtown or Ivyland in PA... not NJ

Oh and PS... NJ is one of the most expensive states to live in the US for no reason at all... property taxes among other taxes are extremely high... sure gas prices are lower but is it worth it? Tolls on every high way... high crime in most parts of the state... high taxes. Not worth it. There is a reason people are leaving South Jersey and not coming back.

Old 04-27-2012, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersm343 View Post
Do not move to Philly? Move to Cherry Hill? HAHA!

Why should people move to Cherry Hill instead of Philly? Please I would love to hear your opinions.

and yes you are so correct... all good people have moved to Cherry Hill... haha and no where else in the metro or the United States... in fact no good people have even stayed in the city. 1.6 million people living within the city limits and NONE of them are good people. 6-7 million living in the metro of Philly but the ONLY good people are those living in Cherry Hill... get out of here. This is a joke. No crime? This is a joke right? NJ is one of the most violent states in the US and a ton of crime spills over from your numerous failed cities into the suburbs. I agree Cherry Hill is overall safe...kinda... but if you want crime free move to the main line in PA or several locations like Newtown or Ivyland in PA... not NJ
Summer just look at all posts on here.Most of the people trashing Philly are the perfect people who left Philly and now live in the beautiful areas of South Jersey.You can go to bed with your door unlock and leave your keys in the car.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:33 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,882,417 times
Cherry hill has lower crime then any part of the city and as low they the same as any other pa burb that is the same size.... and the prop taxes in south jersey are the same as any of the good areas in the Philly burbs.. .. In fact one of my co workers is paying more then us in a smaller home then us in Montgomey county. Remember, you get what you pay for No exception to this rule. Oh and guess what? Pa has more crime then Nj overall. Surprise! Wrong again!!

Crime Rate by State: The United States — Infoplease.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersm343 View Post
Do
W get out of here. This is a joke. No crime? This is a joke right? NJ is one of the most violent states in the US and a ton of crime spills over from your numerous failed cities into the suburbs. I agree Cherry Hill is overall safe...kinda... but if you want crime free move to the main line in PA or several locations like Newtown or Ivyland in PA... not NJ

Oh and PS... NJ is one of the most expensive states to live in the US for no reason at all... property taxes among other taxes are extremely high... sure gas prices are lower but is it worth it? Tolls on every high way... high crime in most parts of the state... high taxes. Not worth it. There is a reason people are leaving South Jersey and not coming back.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:01 PM

10,227 posts, read 16,823,631 times
BS. prop taxes are higher, jersey is ugly, and most of the jobs BY FAR are in the PA burbs. but I suppose it's fairly obvious the OP is a bit of a loon. frank is right, you get what you pay for, which is why jersey is cheaper. cherry hill is in camden county, pretty much the only county to lose population in the entire region. statewide crime rates are pretty irrelevant.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:49 PM

9,343 posts, read 13,010,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin19119 View Post
Do not move to Philly. You will be more happy in Cherry Hill, NJ. All the good people who use to live in Philly, has moved there.There is no crime and everyone is super nice to each other.You will think you were living in a Norman Rockwell painting.
I don't think Norman Rockwell ever painted soulless suburban sprawl like Cherry Hill.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:00 PM

1,567 posts, read 3,117,605 times
Grew up in Central PA. Went to college in Central Virginia. Moved to Philadelphia. Love it. Love it. Love it. New Jersey sucks. Sorry. It sucks. It's flat, sprawley and ugly. No character. Boring. Bland.

The PA burbs just look nicer. Rolling hills. Old stone houses. Nice. Jersey is so 60's. Cheesey. Plastic. Awful.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:19 PM

9,343 posts, read 13,010,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancat100 View Post
Grew up in Central PA. Went to college in Central Virginia. Moved to Philadelphia. Love it. Love it. Love it. New Jersey sucks. Sorry. It sucks. It's flat, sprawley and ugly. No character. Boring. Bland.

The PA burbs just look nicer. Rolling hills. Old stone houses. Nice. Jersey is so 60's. Cheesey. Plastic. Awful.
I have to give Collingswood/Mooreston/The Haddons their due. Medford is somewhat sprawling, but the woods and lakes make up nicely for it. Even eyesores like Cherry Hill, Voorhees, and Marlton have their perks with regard to affordability, schools, and amenities (those strip malls and shopping centers are ugly as hell, but they can definitely come in handy). It's also generally easier to get into Town, although the inner PA suburbs are definitely convenient as well.

That said, South Jersey just doesn't have the large swaths of suburban character you find everywhere from Chadds Ford to the Main Line to the New Hope Area (and plenty in between). But even if Cherry Hill did have some character, I find it incredibly odd someone would reflexively recommend a family-oriented suburb over the city proper.

Last edited by ElijahAstin; 04-28-2012 at 12:11 AM..

Old 04-28-2012, 06:34 AM

I was being funny with this post.Expect for when I was serving my country. I have proudly lived in Philadelphia.I just get a kick out of the people who left the city and now they think they are living in paradise.They spend tons of time on here talking about how bad Philly is and why they left.I just wish they would post the (REAL) reason why they moved.Trust me,except for Barb`s Harley Davidson, there is nothing I like about South Jersey.I can not wait to see what they are going to do when people start moving North out of Camden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia