Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 09:57 PM

197 posts, read 280,271 times

Advertisements

I find limousines to be dangerous. While most due to their size are probably safe cars in theory, they are so big that they require precise reaction time from the driver. Also, they must be awful for the environment and are an absolute waste of gas.

And why would the cabbie have to sit around? He would have plenty of time for exploring if I were at each bar for an hour or two. Also the two of us will be wasted on my birthday. Either of us driving will be out of the question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2013, 10:57 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,766,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monicapies View Post
And why would the cabbie have to sit around?
You hire him, then he's there for you only. He must wait at your location. While you're hammering down brews, you have to pay him for his time, not just the miles.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:08 PM

On a similar topic, when I was in high school (not that long ago), it bugged me to discover one day that my city's public works trucks, most of which happened to be based on the same International/GMC truck design as my school buses, had plush seats, air conditioning, seatbelts, airbags, etc. Yet on the school buses everything is cheaped out...

Old 05-31-2013, 11:03 AM

9,344 posts, read 13,010,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monicapies View Post
I find limousines to be dangerous. While most due to their size are probably safe cars in theory, they are so big that they require precise reaction time from the driver. Also, they must be awful for the environment and are an absolute waste of gas.

And why would the cabbie have to sit around? He would have plenty of time for exploring if I were at each bar for an hour or two. Also the two of us will be wasted on my birthday. Either of us driving will be out of the question.
Limousines are awful for the environment and an absolute waste of gas, but a round-trip taxi ride between Central DelCo and Deep South Jersey is ok? Are you seriously for real?

Old 05-31-2013, 10:42 PM

96 posts, read 360,678 times
Why is a limo needed, regardless of environmental impact? Hire a car service and ride in a sedan. This is not complicated, but also not inexpensive.

Old 06-01-2013, 11:36 PM

I was also wondering... are there any passenger trains on the line that crosses Oak Ave in Glenolden, South Ave in Holmes, and Morton Ave in Folsom? Or on the line that crosses Wanamaker Ave in Essington? Or on the line that crosses Oregon Ave in South Philly? Or on the line that crosses York Rd in Hatboro? Or on the line that crosses Baltimore Pike in Glen Mills as well as Lincoln Highway in Coatesville? Or on the line that crosses Ridge Pike in Norristown? If not practical train rides, are train "tours" offered on any of these?

Old 06-02-2013, 08:00 AM

What about the line that crosses Skippack Pike (Route 73) in Lansdale?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia