Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2013, 08:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,191 times

Advertisements

Hello. My husband and I currently live in Pennsport. I just got offered a new job in Chesterbrook. I am concerned about the commute and interested in any suggestions/experience fellow posters could offer about the best route/time for my drive. I have some flexibility with my hours, I can be in at any point between 7-9 and out and back on the road home from 4-6. Does anyone have any experience with a similar commute from South Philadelphia to the Chesterbook/West Chester area? Unfortunately we recently resigned on our lease, so this commute is a necessity, for at least another 10 months. Any help/tips at all as to which route to take and which time of day would be the ideal commute and reverse commute, would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2013, 09:31 AM

134 posts, read 475,045 times
Hey Girl,
I currently live in South Philly and grew up around the area that you would be working in so I know the commute pretty well...I also used to make the commute from South Philly to Reading of all places so my idea of a long drive and your idea of a long drive might differ a little bit. The best way(s) to get there are 676 to 76 to 202 and there is an exit there for the Chesterbrook area. That commute will probably be 30-45 minutes during rush hour, probably never more than an hr even with horrific traffic. Then you could also do 95 to 476 and get off in Wayne, take rt 30 to Valley Forge road...this route will probably take you 40-50 minutes but its a much less stressful drive in general. Just my two cents, its not that bad of a drive it just involves alot of sitting in traffic. Feel free to PM me if you have any additional questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia