Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: West Chester, Pottstown or Phoenixville. Which do you prefer, and why?
West Chester 16 76.19%
Pottstown 0 0%
Phoenixville 6 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 01:21 PM

9,347 posts, read 13,010,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkat59 View Post
I grew up in West Chester. I voted it because even in its illy conceived and over-development rebirth, there is more stuff to do, is more walkable, and the 104 goes right to 69th St.
You need to distinguish the compact, walkable borough from the surrounding townships that happen to share the 1938x zip codes.

Quote:
Phoenixville is better than it was in the 70's and 80's, but it is still a dull suburb, not that thats bad.
See above.

Quote:
Pottstown is too provincial and just plain depressing to me. Only my opinion though, if you are coming here to look anyway, check it out, too.
Pottstown isn't any place I'd want to live, but it's interesting to check out. The contrast between the Hill School campus and the rest of the Borough is quite startling, though it does have its nicer parts.

Quote:
If I had to come back to live(there is that possibility) I would concentrate my search in the areas around Bryn Mawr. You might want to look there too, if you come to PA.
Bryn Mawr's an entirely different kind of place, not that that's necessarily a bad thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2014, 10:06 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,935,335 times
West Chester is the most vibrant and has the college feel a bit. Also the county seat

Phoenixville is on the rebound (maybe more than rebound) many new restaurants and bars (not as many as WC), also has Sly Fox one of the better micro brews including some national fanfare (though WC has Victory just outside in Exton)

Both have some very nice and wealthy surroundings

Pottstown is still trying to get better from its industrial past and has the two huge Cooling towers very close by in the Limerick Nuclear power facility

Also check out Doylestown as noted

Old 09-14-2014, 11:04 AM

10,227 posts, read 16,823,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
West Chester is the most vibrant and has the college feel a bit. Also the county seat

Phoenixville is on the rebound (maybe more than rebound) many new restaurants and bars (not as many as WC), also has Sly Fox one of the better micro brews including some national fanfare (though WC has Victory just outside in Exton)

Both have some very nice and wealthy surroundings

Pottstown is still trying to get better from its industrial past and has the two huge Cooling towers very close by in the Limerick Nuclear power facility

Also check out Doylestown as noted
Victory is in downingtown and Parkesburg

Old 09-14-2014, 11:05 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,935,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pman View Post
Victory is in downingtown and Parkesburg
my bad yes

Old 12-08-2014, 12:30 AM

7 posts, read 7,499 times
have to vote west chester.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia