Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2014, 02:56 PM

8 posts, read 14,171 times

Advertisements

Hello Philadelphia!
I work full-time but am looking for a flexible part-time job to be able to save a little more each month.
Unfortunately I do not have a regular 9-5 job (I'm a restaurant manager), so finding a part-time job is challenging with my hours.

Any leads on flexible, part time work is appreciated! I love working with people (server, hostess, barista, receptionist etc), but would be happy to do manual labor as well (stocking, housekeeping, janitorial duties etc). Even 5-10 hours a week is good!

I would prefer to be near West Philly/Ardmore/Bryn Mawr but could go up to King of Prussia/Wayne/Valley Forge as well.

Thank you for the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2014, 03:10 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,766,109 times
Wawa

Old 12-29-2014, 11:56 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annieeb View Post
Hello Philadelphia!
I work full-time but am looking for a flexible part-time job to be able to save a little more each month.
Unfortunately I do not have a regular 9-5 job (I'm a restaurant manager), so finding a part-time job is challenging with my hours.

Any leads on flexible, part time work is appreciated! I love working with people (server, hostess, barista, receptionist etc), but would be happy to do manual labor as well (stocking, housekeeping, janitorial duties etc). Even 5-10 hours a week is good!

I would prefer to be near West Philly/Ardmore/Bryn Mawr but could go up to King of Prussia/Wayne/Valley Forge as well.

Thank you for the help!

Im looking for the same but would prefer it to be front desk type of work or security.-8 hours a week

Old 12-30-2014, 05:15 AM

2,898 posts, read 6,350,742 times
Annie...

I'm temporarily staying an hour north of you in Pottstown through the holidays & see posted store signs for PT work in places like Target, Target's Starbucks location, liquor stores, pizza parlors, dry cleaners, Home Depot, the local supermarkets (Giant or Redner's... I forget which one). I've also noticed those jobs are snapped up fast. Just out of curiosity, I looked online for the same jobs & they're not posted anywhere online... just a placard at the stores only, because apparently, that works. Have you had a chance to take a walk/drive around & looked for those opportunities where you want to work? I've also seen PT work posted on CList... so much more than FT, I guess as employers don't wish to pay insurance or benefits. I'm also wondering if you could place a Wanted ad on CList in the Jobs section? It's free, you could remove it each day & add it again so it will be at the top & could garner some leads.

For the 2nd poster, I've noticed that local employment agencies (at least near this small town) offer mainly PT jobs, such as you mentioned... security, receptionist, etc. I realize you're probably not in this small town, but since you're both closer to a big city, I'd imagine jobs would be more plentiful. I see entry level work vacancy signs every time I'm out & about.

Hope this helps a little. Best of luck to you both.

BTW, I read a recent article in which the author mentioned more jobs will open after the 1st of the year, as company budgets are renewed... they're holding back at the moment to have a year-end with more profit. I hope that's true... I'm looking for a job, as well, but FT & out of state.

Happy New Year!

Old 12-30-2014, 01:19 PM

8 posts, read 14,171 times
Default Thank you!

Thanks for the help! I appreciate any leads
Happy New Year!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia