Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 12:30 PM

1,000 posts, read 3,602,848 times

Advertisements

Guess I should have read the part where he had to drive.. LOL.

Either way, Cinnamisnon to Center City is an easy commute. The traffic from the north is nowhere near the traffic from due east and points south.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2013, 03:39 PM

93 posts, read 175,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neekah18 View Post
I am up for a great opportunity in PA and I was looking at being in or very near the Bensalem area. I am a 27 year old black woman , no kids, boyfriend who will be looking for a career in graphic design, and looking for a nice quiet safe area. I am in North Jersey now and I know living in south jersey would be ideal if I want to stay in Jersey but I am not sure so I am trying to weigh my options. Anything would be better than my commute from north jersey I cant see putting so many miles on my car per day. I have seen a few places online for $750 per month in PA and south jersey which would be what I am looking to pay. Any insight on where to look?

Thanks
Sorry to revive an old thread but I'm in a similar situation

35yo white woman, no kids, +boyfriend, no pets

looking for a nice, quiet, safe area near Bensalem (recently got an offer for a lucrative job opportunity)

Any recommendations? I'm looking for anything within a 30 minute drive, prefer apartment style living or condo (no big house or anything since it's just the two of us), willing to pay $2000-$4000/month

Old 10-13-2013, 04:23 PM

12 posts, read 20,981 times
Then head into the city- Bensalem is not a nice area- picture a lot of strip malls & chain eateries, tons of traffic & headaches. If you can spring for 2-4k a month, you can get an amazing place in the city & definitely get to Bensalem in 30 minutes (the traffic goes the opposite direction that you would be going, so you could probably make it in far less time than that). Good luck!

Old 10-13-2013, 05:24 PM

9,340 posts, read 13,007,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartgardening View Post
Then head into the city- Bensalem is not a nice area- picture a lot of strip malls & chain eateries, tons of traffic & headaches. If you can spring for 2-4k a month, you can get an amazing place in the city & definitely get to Bensalem in 30 minutes (the traffic goes the opposite direction that you would be going, so you could probably make it in far less time than that). Good luck!
This. Or, if you would rather live closer to work, look into Yardley, Newtown, New Hope, Doylestown, etc. etc. etc.

Old 10-14-2013, 03:49 PM

3,391 posts, read 8,780,794 times
In the"search forums" box at the top of the page put in the term Bensalem. There have been many posts involving Bensalem, both good and bad.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:50 AM

80 posts, read 113,421 times
Bensalem is a future suburban ghetto. It's the place where people who unfortunately get caught up in this nonsense that every suburban area is better than the city move to and end up living near white trash and other people who fled the city and are in denial about how things really are in their paradise.

Old 10-15-2013, 03:45 PM

3,391 posts, read 8,780,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6456yt View Post
Bensalem is a future suburban ghetto. It's the place where people who unfortunately get caught up in this nonsense that every suburban area is better than the city move to and end up living near white trash and other people who fled the city and are in denial about how things really are in their paradise.
This is actually an ill informed opinion of the area due to false impressions and ignorance. The thing about Bensalem is that it is huge and very diverse with both trashy neighborhoods and upscale neighborhoods. Your opinion will be formed by what you see and not by what you don't see.

Old 10-15-2013, 03:52 PM

10 posts, read 8,535 times
Edit: Wrong thread.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:46 PM

4,240 posts, read 4,919,051 times
From an outsider's perspective, its all in what you want. My girlfriend is from Southampton, and talks very bad about Bensalem, but its more on par with where I grew up in Pittsburgh. Suburbanites will say its a dangerous, crime ridden area. People from the city will say its a suburb with a few problems.

If you're coming from a high class area with no crime, Bensalem will most likely not fit the bill. If you are coming from an urban area, I'm sure its no worse than where you are now.

Old 10-16-2013, 08:23 AM

221 posts, read 400,351 times
I really don't think people think of (or should think of) Bensalem as dangerous or crime ridden. It's just a suburb that people consider trashier than some of the surrounding suburban areas in Bucks County. I think thats a legitimate opinion though. It's definitely not the best, but I wouldn't call it horrible in any way. There's more to it than Street Road.

With that said, the housing prices are pretty similar to Feasterville/Trevose so I'm not sure why someone would choose Bensalem over that area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia