Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2018, 08:36 AM

2,557 posts, read 2,682,196 times

Advertisements

It seems Coatesville itself might have better sections than others like many other places. I don't hear anything particularly good about it ever, but I was curious if anyone knows the different sections.

Sorry if the following is too stereotypical or such below, and please correct me on any misconceptions. Thank you in advance.

They have at least one hospital, although the road I was on was only one lane in both directions. I wonder if the area near the hospital is particularly better because the hospital is there, or if it's bad because a lot of people's drug dealing and such has filtered near there and that's where people go if something bad happens.

I was also on another part where there's a convenient road on a hill that goes downhill on the outskirts, and certain section(s) of north Coatesville seem overly dense for a rural/suburban setting.

I never had a chance to go to south Coatesville. Is it any better or worse than north Coatesville? The places I saw in north Coatesville didn't look particularly run-down, but nothing really stood out per se. The places to stop at along the main drag were only cheaper, mainstream places like Dairy Queen and McDonald's basically. No family restaurants that I noticed or anything like that. Maybe I have really bad eyes or visualization.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2018, 06:26 PM

9 posts, read 9,347 times
The city itself runs along one main road, and outside of that road, you have a peppering of different types of areas. One road houses huge homes on lots of land, another takes you into an older, run down neighborhood. There are a few leading to new home developments, etc. It really depends on where you want to be, and where you plan to travel. I myself live on the north side, and just jump on 30 to go down to Downingtown when I want. The hospital is Brandywine, and looks nice. They are putting up a new Wawa right on the way out, and it is less than 10 mins away from the Coatesville area.

I've been here about 6 months and have found it nice so far. Hope this helps.

Also, try google maps. You can take a ride down many roads without actually being there ^_^

Old 02-27-2018, 08:37 PM

2,539 posts, read 2,315,098 times
There has been so much development out towards Coatsville and reinvestment in the small cities/town in Southeast PA. Coatesville is the next in line!!

Click the article below.

West Chester, Manayunk

Old 02-28-2018, 07:08 AM

9,380 posts, read 9,338,690 times
Coatsville is definitely on the rougher side (especially for Chester County), but it is certainly showing the early signs of revitalization. A decade ago Kennett and Phoenixville weren't that fantastic, now they are taking after the likes of West Chester and Media.

I think Norristown is the biggest outlier among the areas walkable towns, especially since it is the county seat.

Old 03-01-2018, 02:24 PM

11 posts, read 6,723 times
This is my turf. Coatesville is mostly pretty ghetto/rough/trashy, except where it borders Unionville. There it is beautiful country side with cheap taxes, and lots of people who will say they live "just outside of Unionville." Great for someone without kids who wants to live in a nice area, with property, and not get raked over the coals.

Drive through on a warm night and see what the locals are up to, stopping and getting gas looks dangerous. It's the Strawberry Mansion of Chester County. Good for an investment property though, I'm sure it will start to turn at some point in the future. Many of the people who are responsible for turning Kennett around have interests in Coatesville.

Last year my friend caught a bullet in the side of his Cadillac driving through the heart of Coatesville to get back into Unionville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia