Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 11:53 AM

22 posts, read 21,729 times

Advertisements

Duderino...yes. I didn't remember the character names so I googled and yes perfect analogy...thanks.

Old 06-17-2019, 12:10 PM

1,660 posts, read 1,210,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie6976 View Post
Okay Donald...I understand but from a population standpoint, I just googled San Antonio and Philly. Philly has 91,000 more people in the city limits than SA so...
Could be Philly is more dangerous than SA

Old 06-17-2019, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldJTrump View Post
Could be Philly is more dangerous than SA
Yep...could be and I didn't venture to other parts of town much. Stayed around my "own" so to speak.

Old 06-17-2019, 12:18 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,233,223 times
You're in the Northeastern US. Women in Philly, Boston, NYC, and other cities, as well as men and non-binary people, will generally hold this attitude.

You should probably find some better hangout spots to look for women, as well as consider downloading dating apps (Tinder, Bumble, OkCupid, etc.). I didn't have a problem finding casual sex in the city before becoming official with my current girlfriend.

Old 06-17-2019, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan2013 View Post
You're in the Northeastern US. Women in Philly, Boston, NYC, and other cities, as well as men and non-binary people, will generally hold this attitude.

You should probably find some better hangout spots to look for women, as well as consider downloading dating apps (Tinder, Bumble, OkCupid, etc.). I didn't have a problem finding casual sex in the city before becoming official with my current girlfriend.
Hum...interesting. At least I know it's not me. Just very depressing there is such a difference. I have a place in Florida I go every couple months and that's close enough to southern charm, although I know lots of people from the northeast have moved down. When I was down a few weeks ago I went to a nice shopping area in Palm Beach and there were several women walking around with skirts just blowing all over showing their wares. The women were totally oblivious. Up here? NO WAY.

Not THAT in to casual sex per se. It's just that I can toss out something subtle and they act oblivious, never counter with anything equally sexy but subtle...a fun little game. One older woman who I was talking to about this said if a woman up here likes you you'll know it. Women up here only flirt when they mean it.

Old 06-17-2019, 01:02 PM

744 posts, read 775,848 times
If you are mostly hanging out in NE philly that is your first mistake. Generally not the most hospitable place to outsiders. Go to center city.

I found myself newly single a few years back at the end of a 9 year relationship. I found Philly to be a friendly dating environment for single straight men (though not as friendly as NYC). I had no problem using apps though.

I would rethink where you are hanging out and how you are talking to women. A lot a women I talked to seemed happy to have a conversation once I could convey that I wasn't a loser (i.e. I had a good job) and that I wasn't going to be creepy. I have a feeling you might be giving off a creepy vibe (not trying to insult you).

Last edited by toobusytoday; 06-19-2019 at 05:22 AM.. Reason: fixed your typo

Old 06-17-2019, 01:42 PM

None taken Kansas. I may venture down there this weekend. Just hate downtown. Streets are narrow, dirty, homeless people, crazy traffic and outrageous parking cost. Yeah...I can afford it but having never paid more than $10 to park it's hard to swallow.

One other thing. It seems like women anyway, are much closer to their family than friends. Like the woman who works for me is late 30's, married with 2 kids and she talks to her mamma more in 1 day than I talked to my mom or dad in a year when they were alive. That would suffocate me if I had to be in constant conversation with a parent. Maybe an ethnic thing??? Maybe being a big city you trust family more???

Hope I'm not creepy. If so I'm not any different than talking to women in Texas.

Old 06-17-2019, 03:05 PM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
In the northeast they pick you. If you don't get picked, get over it and improve yourself so they do.

Old 06-17-2019, 03:32 PM

8,982 posts, read 21,171,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie6976 View Post
Just hate downtown. Streets are narrow, dirty, homeless people, crazy traffic and outrageous parking cost. Yeah...I can afford it but having never paid more than $10 to park it's hard to swallow.
Welcome to the high density, older Northeast. Your observation, notwithstanding an above-average homeless issue, is typical of cities in the Boston-Washington corridor. NE Philly is probably the closest you'll get to Texas sprawl within the city limits.

Consider taking the El train into town for $6 round-trip. NE Philly is mad dull if you're looking for a social life. Or at least swing your car over to Manayunk or Conshohocken; those 'hoods will offer the suburban(ish) scene you seem to be looking for.

Old 06-17-2019, 03:34 PM

840 posts, read 694,103 times
Stevie I had noted in a thread a bit back that its just the vibe here, people in Philly are just more gruff in general than even close neighbor NYC where I lived for a bit (and found people very friendly compared to here). With that being said though I do believe some southern hospitality is fake, and much of the friendliness may only be on the surface.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia