Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 10:49 PM

4,927 posts, read 14,210,868 times

Advertisements

Gotcha.

Apparently GV + Marcus Hook were sharing the same zip code all these years, although Concord +Bethel and Thornton are getting their own zip code this year which will be named Garnet Valley.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2007, 01:16 PM

4 posts, read 13,632 times
You said you are concidering Malvern... I grew up in that area and currently live there now. Another area near Malvern that you might want to concider is Charlestown. There is a lot of new development and it is still in Great Valley School district.

Old 11-17-2008, 04:03 PM

1 posts, read 2,487 times
do not move to marcus hook. To many people with a jealousy problem down here, especially when you just move in. Most of the people have lived down here all their lives and have a problem with new comers. Any buyers beware. I am ready to sell.

Old 04-02-2009, 03:44 AM

6 posts, read 37,778 times
I have to laugh at some of the replies here. Nobody in Garnet Valley even knows that Marcus Hook exists. They would never allow their Volvo to be seen in such a place. Now don't get me wrong here, Garnet Valley is a very clean low crime area. The schools are some of the best in the country, let alone the state. But alot of the people that I have met are very stuck up and snobby. Many of them are also very nice and friendly. It is a great area to raise a young family. Stay as far away from the "Hook" as you can. There is a reason that Marcus Hook is located in Lower Chichester township. The key word there is "lower" as in lower class. Nobody willing moves to that side of I-95 from North of Delaware to above Philly.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:34 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,513,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcovph View Post
Can anyone give me any information on the Marcus hook area? Does it have a downtown area? How are the schools? What other towns does it share a school with? Anything would be appreciated. We are looking around this area and I stimbled across Marcus Hook but know nothing about it.
Thanks
I guess we'll never know where the OP decided to move to - this post ^ is from 2007, and he has not been on this forum since 2007.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 01-13-2010, 04:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,029 times
was a body found in the water today at marcus hooks today 1-13-10

Old 01-14-2010, 09:27 AM

8,983 posts, read 21,161,808 times
If there was, it didn't make the news. I check a few different online sources and nothing turned up.

It would appear that this thread has long since passed its prime.

Closed.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:39 AM

8,983 posts, read 21,161,808 times
On the other hand... the following article was brought to my attention. It features an optimistic outlook on Marcus Hook:

Marcus Hook may be the next big (http://www.sdobuilders.com/marcus_hook_may_be_the_next_big.htm - broken link)

Old 04-22-2018, 03:06 AM

52 posts, read 77,444 times
Sorry to hi jack your thread . A friend of mine lived and then died in Marcus Hook in March 8 2008. His name was Robert (Bobby) Sapp. Wondering if anyone here knew him. Marcus Hook seems to be a small town so i figured give it a try. We grew up together in Nevada and I was shocked to see his obituary while searching for his name. If you knew him please message me. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia