Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2009, 11:23 AM

9 posts, read 19,550 times

Advertisements

I will be working in Plainsboro, NJ and I am trying to decide if I want to live in NJ or PA. Could you suggest communities that are within a 45 min commute to work in PA.? I am looking for a community with a good youth football program that feeds into a high school with a good football program. My son is in middle school and wants to play D1 football so I am looking for a public (will consider private) high school that has a good football program but also has a good academic program as well. Please suggest communities with 4BR homes ~600k or under.

Thank you for your help!

Last edited by adams058; 05-11-2009 at 11:23 AM.. Reason: mispelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 11:56 AM

1,983 posts, read 7,518,203 times
Stay in NJ, look in Hopewell, Lawrence Twp/Lawrenceville, NJ. You don't want a 45 minute commute.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:16 PM

1,322 posts, read 4,238,048 times
if you want to be in PA, i would suggest Bristol Twp, im not sure but i think they have a good football program for their high school. that would be an easy commute to plainsboro via rt 1. check into the football team if that is really important to you, i think i heard somewhere about that school.

Old 05-11-2009, 03:26 PM

I heard good things about Yardley, PA. How long is the commute be from Yardley to Plainsboro? Map quest says it's ~30 min commute. Is that accurate? Could also describe the Yardley community. Thanks

Old 07-17-2009, 01:59 AM

26 posts, read 70,731 times
Washingtons crossing. - You can get to princeton via all back roads in under 20 minutes.
Yardley - amazing town. Slightly longer commute (30 seems about right) since you will be using I95 and there can be a bit of traffic.
Newtown - Only a few minutes further on the map but accessing I95 can take an extra 10 minutes at rush hour.

New Hope - you can get to princeton via all back roads also. Its 15-20 minutes further north that Washintons crossing but its a post card perfect town and great schools. Pricier real estate.

My pick would be Wash cross if commute is main issue. For an extra 10 minutes each way Yardley is simply wonderful.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:44 AM

Thank you for that feedback. I am actually heading out next week for a househunting trip.

Old 07-17-2009, 07:23 AM

316 posts, read 1,016,225 times
In PA, Central Bucks West SD historically had a great football tradition and CB East had a good one as well. But with the recent split of the high schools, I'm sure this has been affected but can't speak to how. But I would check into those if I were you. They are known school names to college football programs and as long as there are still experienced coaches who are working to improve the program and know how to get scouts to the games, if you son has the talent, he should have a good shot.

Old 09-12-2009, 07:20 PM

26 posts, read 70,731 times
I previously missed the OP need for good football schools.

The good news is that every school in the area have great football programs that are scouted by colleges.

Pennsbury (yardley, washingtons crossing)
Council Rock (newtown)
CB east and West (doylestown area).

The only school without a great program is going to be New Hope Solebury. Not a big enough school to field a top team. Great school though.

Private schools to look at would be Lawrenceville prep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia