Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 12:08 AM

14,180 posts, read 9,068,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merchant_ZZZ View Post
Same here, exactly. From looking at your posts here, I wonder if we know each other or in the same possible network I'm thinking the later.
Late getting back to you.

If you want to know for sure whether you and I have crossed paths, go over to Philadelphia Speaks and look for my posts. (Easiest way to get to some: go to the "Philadelphia Transportation and SEPTA" forum and read the stickies - the "Mass Transit 101" posts and "A Glossary of Philadelphia Transportation Terms".) My face appears with every post I write there.

But I suspect the latter is more likely true: we probably know people who know us both.

Since I wrote that post, I was at a meeting where Jerria Williams, SEPTA's PR chief, told me she had seen me at City Hall station and tried to get my attention, but I was in a bubble. At that same meeting, she also told me about the reaction inside the agency to my Phillymag.com news blog post calling for a return of the R-numbers (quoting her: "Sandy, give it up!")
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2013, 09:51 AM

10,227 posts, read 16,821,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post

Since I wrote that post, I was at a meeting where Jerria Williams, SEPTA's PR chief, told me she had seen me at City Hall station and tried to get my attention, but I was in a bubble. At that same meeting, she also told me about the reaction inside the agency to my Phillymag.com news blog post calling for a return of the R-numbers (quoting her: "Sandy, give it up!")
there probably isn't anything less important than the return of the R numbers

Old 11-24-2013, 12:21 AM

14,180 posts, read 9,068,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pman View Post
there probably isn't anything less important than the return of the R numbers
In the grand scheme of things, yes. Certainly keeping the infrastructure in a state of good repair is the most important priority.

But that doesn't mean dropping them wasn't a mistake. (Though dropping the color codes too was an even bigger one.)

Old 04-30-2015, 01:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,567 times
Does anyone know how long it takes for the background check to come back? That's the only thing I'm waiting for they told me when I called.

Old 05-02-2015, 01:49 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint215 View Post
Does anyone know how long it takes for the background check to come back? That's the only thing I'm waiting for they told me when I called.
The two background checks I had in the past 4 years took about 10 to 14 business days to come back.

Old 01-09-2016, 12:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,419 times
Does any one is the dot physical for the bus operators like the one nj transit does with the machine you look in for the eye test

Old 01-16-2016, 12:34 PM

38 posts, read 39,317 times
you usually have to know someone to get a job with septa.

Old 01-18-2016, 01:28 PM

5 posts, read 6,038 times
What about Regional Rail?
Do you need to know someone to work on the train?
Anyone ever worked RR before? Is it a good job or what?

Old 05-12-2016, 06:59 AM

1 posts, read 1,079 times
I saw an advertisement for Septa recently for a bus driver. I had applied several years ago and went through a lot of crap and decided against, but after seeing the ad took a chance it only took 2 to 3 minutes. And I got an email several DAYS LATER setting me up for the testing. So you have to keep trying every six months or so the website to Septa's credit tells you the turn around time to apply.

It would help if you already have your class B license and some customer service skills under your belt. That seems to be their big thing now so you can better deal with the customers. If you go through a school bus company you get the license for free and experience. But as I did school bus driving for three years you need an extra income you'll only make about $200.00 weekly without the license and customer services skills you are just another number like any job you has to separate yourself from the pack.

Old 05-12-2016, 07:57 AM

90 posts, read 130,438 times
I had a friend get in as an engineering intern. He knew someone and literally didn't have to interview. He left after the internship to do electrical engineering designing amtrak signaling for their train tracks or something like that. The process he described for getting into septa made me think the organization was really heavy on nepotism and politics
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia