Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 03:27 AM

6 posts, read 10,917 times

Advertisements

Latino may relocate from LA with his partner ...I would like to live in a hip progressive area with shopping and bars close by, help...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 05:49 AM

2,269 posts, read 7,590,767 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/phila...ng-philly.html

Old 02-24-2010, 06:37 AM

8,982 posts, read 21,176,024 times
The short version of what newmarlig linked you to is:

Washington Square West located in Center City (our downtown) is considered the Gayborhood. It's become more diverse but the gay-friendly establishments still exist. Lately, some who have been priced out are looking down into South Philly (East Passyunk Crossing?) for more affordable rents. But basically anywhere within Center City's two walkable square miles will be comfortable and interesting for you and your partner.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:38 AM

10,227 posts, read 16,828,358 times
center city, hands down safest bet for you (that is, safe in terms of being happy with the decision). you can figure the rest out once you're here.

Old 03-04-2010, 03:30 PM

I guess not too many people willing to help in the city of brotherly love

Old 03-04-2010, 03:46 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,538,351 times
I think everyone agrees with the above posts....

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 03-04-2010, 05:42 PM

3,391 posts, read 8,783,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northwoodlandhills View Post
Actually gay latinos from L.A. are not permitted in Philly. You can be Asian and gay or you can be Latino but not gay or gay but not latino or even gay and latino but only if your from Cleveland or Dallas.....unless you are christian, then anything goes. You may have to dye your hair blond to slip past the border. Yea your right, it does sound kind of silly doesn't it?

Old 03-04-2010, 07:23 PM

6 posts, read 21,847 times
Default Help us Help you

Quote:
I would like to help you with richer information. At the top of the main page there is listing for Questions for Future and Potential Residents. If you answer the questions on the list in this thread I can provide more information.

Based on what you have shared, you really can't go wrong with any neighborhood in Center City.

Old 03-05-2010, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryson662001 View Post
Actually gay latinos from L.A. are not permitted in Philly. You can be Asian and gay or you can be Latino but not gay or gay but not latino or even gay and latino but only if your from Cleveland or Dallas.....unless you are christian, then anything goes. You may have to dye your hair blond to slip past the border. Yea your right, it does sound kind of silly doesn't it?
Is this supposed to be funny?

Old 03-05-2010, 07:06 AM

8,982 posts, read 21,176,024 times
Quote:
Is this supposed to be funny?
I believe bryson was trying to be funny, albeit in a smart-aleck way.

The main point is that we would need more information to help you... or that much of the information you seek can be found in the recent thread link that was referred to by newmarlig.

We're here to help! Just help us help you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia