Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 02:29 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,670,188 times

Advertisements

Well folks, let's deal with a little deep thinking. I present to you 4 questions that will require you to do some serious thinking about yourself before you answer. Here are the questions.

#1. Who are you?

#2. Where do you come from?

#3. What is your purpose?

#4. What do you think your future is?

Now before you answer, think real hard and seriously about the questions and your answers.

Last edited by ptsum; 01-18-2011 at 02:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2011, 02:44 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,693,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Well folks, let's deal with a little deep thinking. I present to you 4 questions that will require you to do some serious thinking about yourself before you answer. Here are the questions.

#1. Who are you?

#4. What is your future?

Now before you answer, think real hard and seriously about the questions and your answers.
1: Someone who doesn't see any reason to answer this question to a bunch of strangers on the internet.

2: Where every other human being on the planet came from.

3: To crush my enemies, drive them before me, and hear the lamentations of their women.

4: Nobody can predict the future, so this question is not answerable, other than the fact that eventually I will die.

Old 01-18-2011, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
1: Someone who doesn't see any reason to answer this question to a bunch of strangers on the internet.

2: Where every other human being on the planet came from.

3: To crush my enemies, drive them before me, and hear the lamentations of their women.

4: Nobody can predict the future, so this question is not answerable, other than the fact that eventually I will die.

Well I can rephrase the fourth one to read, what do you think your future is?

Old 01-18-2011, 03:03 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,843,363 times
Quote:

#1. Who are you?

#1 I'm chango... that is all anyone here needs to know.

#2 I was born in Utah in the late 70's. I doubt my sentience existed before that, but I do have a strange fondness for the "good old days" back during the turn of the century.

#3 To experience life.

#4 hopefully at least 5 or 6 more decades of life (as to what happens after, suprise me! )

Old 01-18-2011, 03:05 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,991,465 times
Quote:

#1. Who are you?

1. I am the Walrus
2. The womb
3. To exist and then die
4. Death and disintergration

Old 01-18-2011, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Well I can rephrase the fourth one to read, what do you think your future is?
Travel, live, love, enjoy life as much as possible. Be a good grandparent someday. Not be a burden on my kids when I'm old. Die.

It would be nice if somewhere in all that, science finds a way to lengthen our life span, because I do love living and being alive. I'd like to put off the "die" part of the equation as long as possible, assuming I'm compos mentis and physically active.

Old 01-18-2011, 03:12 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,143,718 times
Quote:

#1. Who are you?

Arther King of the Brits.
Camelot .
To quest for the Holy Grail.
To be quoted by drunk people everywhere (thank god it wasn't a question about swallows)

Old 01-18-2011, 03:23 PM

Quote:

#1. Who are you?

I am the end result of all of my ancestors.

I come from a long line of freethinkers

To pass on the knowledge and traditions to my children and grandchildren that were given to me by those who came before me.

My future is to live forever within the generations that come after me.

I believe that each and every one of us are here for a particular purpose.

Old 01-18-2011, 04:03 PM

Quote:
I don't. For what "purpose" do starving infants die? And don't just trot out some platitude about "we can't know". Give me a valid "purpose" that a starving baby in Darfur must fulfill in its life.

There is no ultimate purpose to life, other than what each person decides to make of it. We choose what our own life means; nothing chooses for us.

Old 01-18-2011, 04:35 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,843,363 times
Quote:
I believe it is a good thing to find a purpose, but we just aren't assigned a purpose beforehand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy