Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2016, 06:50 AM

2,222 posts, read 2,347,175 times

Advertisements

Maybe the past truely is an indicater of the future ?
Unfortunately, it appears that the keys are locked up to individuals and special tools are needed to access the spirit within.

Personally, I want to believe, because otherwise, what's the purpose of having to go through all of this aggravation for maybe 80 spins around the sun ?

Past life regression

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Past_life_regression
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2016, 07:40 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,983,727 times
"I love how very religious people are SO sure they know."

I am intrigued by non believers that are SO sure they KNOW that there is no basis to religion.
To be bluntly realistic, NONE of us really KNOW anything about it. We all have our beliefs, but there is a huge difference between BELIEF and FACT!

Old 01-15-2016, 09:19 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,048,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickofDiamonds View Post
Maybe the past truely is an indicater of the future ?
Unfortunately, it appears that the keys are locked up to individuals and special tools are needed to access the spirit within.

Personally, I want to believe, because otherwise, what's the purpose of having to go through all of this aggravation for maybe 80 spins around the sun ?

Past life regression

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Past_life_regression
The purpose is constructing and enjoying a lifetime of your design and implementation. The purpose is using your life in a way that makes you proud of your short stay. The purpose is being productive, creative, and engaged. And for some, overcoming adversity. No other purpose is necessary, and none exists. Living your life effectively is the purpose of your life.

Old 01-15-2016, 10:04 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
Quote:
Once you die, what will happen after death?

Frankly, you'll just have to wait to find out. Or not. LOL

So will everyone else.

Hopefully, my loved ones will follow the instructions of my will. I don't care where they bury my body because I won't be needing it anymore and I somehow feel that it won't matter one iota to me what they're doing.

Old 01-15-2016, 10:07 AM

2,089 posts, read 1,418,902 times
In the immediate aftermath one of two things hhappens--either you cease to exist or you find yourself still conscious. If you cease to exist you live on only in the memories of those still living. If you still have consciousness.....regardless of "beliefs", no one can say with any certainty WHAT is going to happen but my belief about this possibility is that it will be different for every single person.

Old 01-15-2016, 10:22 AM

2,625 posts, read 3,416,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
The purpose is constructing and enjoying a lifetime of your design and implementation. The purpose is using your life in a way that makes you proud of your short stay. The purpose is being productive, creative, and engaged. And for some, overcoming adversity. No other purpose is necessary, and none exists. Living your life effectively is the purpose of your life.

A most excellent and eloquently-worded summation of what can be deemed “the purpose of life”. I don't know if these are wholly your own self-formulated words or if you read it somewhere and are quoting it, but it is suitable for framing. Perhaps I will make out a business card-sized card with that saying printed on it, laminate the card, and carry it around with me (and put it in my smartphone memory). It is worth quoting to others. Thank you!

Old 01-15-2016, 12:30 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,967,037 times
Here's something that blew me away. Everyone wants to go to heaven. But if it is so great why did the angels get thrown out or want to leave? Then there's some of the Bible stories that just seem out there. Angels like human women so they come from heaven and have sex with them? So even in the spirit world there's thoughts of knocking boots?

As for death. At some point everyone is basically forgotten. I see for most people it don't last past immediate nieces and nephews or second generation. After that most are an after thought unless there's big money involved. So live people live because we really don't know.

Old 01-15-2016, 01:18 PM

446 posts, read 709,953 times
'The music stops and everything goes black'.

- Tony Soprano

Old 01-15-2016, 01:57 PM

930 posts, read 700,828 times
What I imagine is that you may see some odd, mystical things as the last few electric signals move through your brain. Maybe you see a bright light, or memories flash before your eyes. I imagine after that there's just nothingness. Of course, you wouldn't be aware of this, because your nervous system has completely shut down at this point.

Truth is, none of us can say with any certainty what happens unless they've died and come back to life.

Old 01-15-2016, 08:49 PM

2,625 posts, read 3,416,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
To which we can add "Even if one's goals are never reached, they keep the mind active & the body alive."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy