Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 03:18 PM

2,132 posts, read 1,371,708 times

Advertisements

the other week i noticed a large wad of notes sticking out of the machine after some bloke had left the ATM - maybe 300 worth at a glance - i ran over to tell the guy and he came back and retrieved the money .

didn't say so much as a thanks - a right miserable barstewrd
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2017, 04:21 PM

1,517 posts, read 1,666,683 times
Finders Keepers. Nothing to feel guilty about.

Old 06-02-2017, 04:21 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,030,232 times
Finders keepers. A ex friend of mine once found a $100.00 bill on the ground next to the pumps at arco. The most cash I ever found was $20.00 in front of walmart in Beaumont, ca years ago.

Old 06-02-2017, 04:28 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,030,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
Well the reason I ask, is this.

I walked past the cashier and told him found a 20 at the ATM. and decided to walk out the door.

Living in New Mexico where its the wild wild west in a way I thought I was going to get " its your lucky day dude" BUT

He makes comments about stealing, you have no consience, this is what is wrong with the world. I kidd you not about the comments.
You should not of said anything to him. It is none of his business.

Old 06-02-2017, 04:31 PM

2,070 posts, read 2,385,103 times
My friend found $50 in a restroom stall at our state fair in the early 1990s. She waited around the area 5-10 minutes to see if anyone came back looking for their money but finally left. Since it was probably left by some young girl who planned to use the money for rides and food and to have a good time at the fair that day, my friend felt bad about it. But there were thousands of people at the fair so no good way to return it and she was just out of college with a young daughter so not that well to do either.

A friend's sister had cashed her monthly check and had it all in an envelope, including the rent money, that she somehow lost at a department store. She was a young mother living paycheck to paycheck and paying bills with cash and money orders so this was a big loss for her. Never got it back of course.

But I wouldn't feel guilty about finding $20. I'm sure many of us have misplaced or lost that much before.

Old 06-02-2017, 04:38 PM

17,318 posts, read 22,065,118 times
Hey I lost $20 at a gas station recently and when I asked the clerk if anyone turned it in he said it was a thief with a crappy high turnover job that was going to brag about to all their online friends! I didn't really think it would happen but then I found this thread.........

Old 06-02-2017, 06:31 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,493,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
I found a 20 dollar bill at the gas station ATM today. Was not using the atm just walked by and glanced a bill there. Is this finding or stealing?
Yes.It was not yours and it was probably somebody who tried to take the money out, something went wrong and the money didn't come out so he left. Then you come around and take it. That's just how you are and that's ok...well not really but that's how the world is. It's not perfect.
I am possessive you would also take a bag a money lost by am armored car, steal money from somebodies wallet you found on the street. Right?

By the way..ATM have cameras...right? Could the owner be found maybe?

Last edited by glass_of_merlot; 06-02-2017 at 06:41 PM..

Old 06-02-2017, 06:32 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,850,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112
Well the reason I ask, is this.

I walked past the cashier and told him I found a 20 at the ATM. and decided to walk out the door.

Living in New Mexico where its the wild wild west in a way I thought I was going to get " its your lucky day dude" BUT

He makes comments about stealing, you have no consience, this is what is wrong with the world. I kidd you not about the comments..
Well @ least you tried to report the $$$$$$,most wouldnt of!!

Try not to worry of it!!

Old 06-02-2017, 06:42 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,932,406 times
I remember when I was 16 and working at Burger King one day the manager told me to go out and "pick up the parking lot". That was almost 50 years ago when people would just throw their bags of trash on the ground. So, I'm walking around picking up trash and I find a $ 20. Then another, then another. All told is was around $ 100 which was a LOT of money to a 16 year old poor kid like me. I told the manager in case someone came back to claim it, but nobody ever did so he let me keep it. From that day on all the other employees would fight to be able to "pick up the lot". LOL.

I occasionally pick up a penny off the ground. After all, "Lucky penny, pick it up and all the day you'll have good luck".

However, after reading some of these responses I think I'll leave it there. Don't want to go to hell.

Old 06-02-2017, 07:14 PM

902 posts, read 863,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Yes.It was not yours and it was probably somebody who tried to take the money out, something went wrong and the money didn't come out so he left. Then you come around and take it. That's just how you are and that's ok...well not really but that's how the world is. It's not perfect.
I am possessive you would also take a bag a money lost by am armored car, steal money from somebodies wallet you found on the street. Right?

By the way..ATM have cameras...right? Could the owner be found maybe?
Preach it, sister! I was trying to hold a fart in the other day but I couldn't. I crop dusted the hell out of that hallway. Can you believe not one person offered to give me back my gas? I bet they'd walk by a Jimmy Johns and steal the free smells too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy