Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 08:25 AM

1 posts, read 3,250 times

Advertisements

Hi I don't know if you still want reply's or not but I live in Pinal County in Queen Creek. We have lived here for almost a year. You can get a great price for a house but don't plan to sell for some time or you will not get much for your house. I have heard a lot of people don't like the schools here. They have way to many kids and not enough teachers. To get from Pinal to the airport in Phoenix it takes almost an hour. I like the people that live around here I don't feel like there is as much crime as other places. I don't have problems with scorpions but my sister in law lives here and she finds them in her house. I do wish they had more stores than just Wal-mart. That is about all I can think of about Queen Creek.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2007, 09:56 PM

18 posts, read 94,313 times
Thank you all for your info.

We were out this week and my husband had quite a few interviews.
I really liked it and am excited. i experienced the Monsoon thing which is NOTHING compared to a bad thunderstorm here in Michigan and while yes, it was hot and even a bit humid, it was much worse when we got back here.
It's way humid here right now and hot!!! It was hot there, but I think I'm up to it, if not I will stay indoors.

We are just waiting on a background check to come back and he will be out there soon. I will follow with the kids.
I really liked the Gilbert/Queen Creek area and that looks like that is where we will end up. I am still doing research on schools and stuff.
Gilbert seems to be way ahead of the game there. Queen Creek just doesn't look like it's caught up to the growth yet.
Are there any schools that I should avoid at all costs in Queen creek?
Skyline Ranch Elem. gets bad rating on greatschools.com.

Thanks for all the input

Old 08-01-2007, 11:42 PM

343 posts, read 552,356 times
Skyline Ranch Elementary is NOT in the Queen Creek School district. It has a Queen Creek address but in Pinal county. Two different areas.

Old 08-04-2007, 04:00 AM

20 posts, read 65,166 times
queen creek isn't tempe or chandler. it's that far off place that no one wants to drive to right now. but people that live there seem to like it. it's all new and fresh with affordable housing.

Old 08-10-2007, 03:32 PM

1 posts, read 3,155 times
I'm looking for a home and have been seriously thinking about the Queen Creek area. I have a cat and two dogs. I was there last month and noticed plenty of green lawns inbetween the desert landscaping. Heat was not a problem. I'm not worried about bugs, scorpions and snakes. Is the Chandler Heights/Queen Creek area reasonably priced for homes? What about fix-up homes? Are there any of those around there? I'm an artist and like older houses.

Old 08-11-2007, 12:54 PM

You can get a two and a half acre plot in the foothills of Chandler Heights for $325 k. It has a quality modular home, about 2000 sq ft, and plenty peace and quiet. Lot's of fix ups and new maintenance done. I know this because it's my brother's neighbor who is trying to sell. Taxes are only $850/year. Old homes are built in the 80s.

Old 09-16-2007, 03:50 PM

1 posts, read 3,026 times
I have a concern with railroads. This question was asked before but never answered. I live near San Antonio and the everpresent rumble of the railroad drives me crazy. I keep looking for Johnny Cash!
Another concern is the health of my wife. She coughs all the time and will undergo testing for alergies soon. If this is positive we may have to relocate to a dryer climate.
Can you tell me about that. I have for years heard of people moving to Arizona for their health.

Old 09-22-2007, 09:38 PM

45 posts, read 166,226 times
I don't have any kids but I do know of a couple who just bought a house in Queen Creek (Maricopa side). They were actually considering Gilbert first because of the schools specifically the one that belongs to Power Ranch (I'm not sure what the name of the school is). Hope this helps somewhat.

Old 09-25-2007, 05:33 PM

551 posts, read 2,725,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigersurvivors View Post
I have a concern with railroads. This question was asked before but never answered. I live near San Antonio and the everpresent rumble of the railroad drives me crazy. I keep looking for Johnny Cash!
Another concern is the health of my wife. She coughs all the time and will undergo testing for alergies soon. If this is positive we may have to relocate to a dryer climate.
Can you tell me about that. I have for years heard of people moving to Arizona for their health.
People seldom move to the Phoenix area for health reasons now. The air has become fairly polluted with all of the new growth. It is still great for the dry climate part, but not so much for allergy and other respiratory related issues.

Old 09-25-2007, 11:23 PM

It's good (for allergies) in the middle of the desert with mostly native plants around. You can still get a reasonable place with peace and quiet for an affordable price if you know where to go, and it's not in the metro area. Retirees will continue to flock to the more remote areas because they make less frequent trips for shopping. Give it twenty years or more and these remote areas will be much harder to get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area