Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 11:55 AM

164 posts, read 846,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Nice, we were considering gettin an outdoor cat, but I was wondering how they do in the heat?
They feel what you feel in the heat and this isnt a pretty feeling to burn to death slowly! cats should have shelter like we do from the heat in the summer and plenty plenty of water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2007, 12:13 PM

3 posts, read 13,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigersurvivors View Post
I have a concern with railroads. This question was asked before but never answered. I live near San Antonio and the everpresent rumble of the railroad drives me crazy. I keep looking for Johnny Cash!
Another concern is the health of my wife. She coughs all the time and will undergo testing for alergies soon. If this is positive we may have to relocate to a dryer climate.
Can you tell me about that. I have for years heard of people moving to Arizona for their health.

We are buying a house mostly for the same health reasons. Pattis asthma and allergies dissappear almost right away every time we have visited there. Queen Creek is a great place to locate especially if you are older or retired.

Old 01-07-2008, 12:41 PM

4 posts, read 28,252 times
Smile Johnson Ranch Subdivision in Queen Creek

Hi Everyone...my husband and I are interested in moving to Arizona for the winter months. We live in Alberta, Canada.

We have found a home that we have fallen in love with in the Johnson Ranch golf subdivision in Queen Creek. I am wondering if anyone out there has any input with regards to this area. I am interested in hearing everything be it positive or negative.

I am especially interested in "shopping (groceries; clothing; furniture)." I am hoping that a person wouldn't have to travel all the way into Phoenix to shop for groceries and such.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Cheers!

Old 01-07-2008, 01:18 PM

106 posts, read 533,236 times
You won't have to go all the way to Phoenix but most of your shopping needs (basically anything other than a grocery store) will be about 30 - 40 minutes away in neighboring cities like Gilbert. I know people that live out that way and they all come to my neck of the woods in SE Gilbert for furniture, clothing, Target, Costco, etc. They all hate the drive and would move closer in a second if they could sell their house

Sorry to be a downer but I really dislike that area (although I'm sure the home is beautiful) and don't personally know anyone who has moved that way and ended up being happy there.

Old 01-08-2008, 03:06 PM

110 posts, read 323,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottygirl View Post
Hi Everyone...my husband and I are interested in moving to Arizona for the winter months. We live in Alberta, Canada.

We have found a home that we have fallen in love with in the Johnson Ranch golf subdivision in Queen Creek. I am wondering if anyone out there has any input with regards to this area. I am interested in hearing everything be it positive or negative.

I am especially interested in "shopping (groceries; clothing; furniture)." I am hoping that a person wouldn't have to travel all the way into Phoenix to shop for groceries and such.

Cheers!
We live in this area (San Tan Heights) and actually like it after having lived in Gilbert. There is a Fry's Grocery store and some other shopping at the intersection of Bella Vista & Hunt Hwy., which is right where Johnson Ranch is located. Also about a mile to the west at Gary there is an existing Walmart, with lots of new stuff being built right now and (last I heard) should be done by the end of '08...stores including Target, Ross, Petsmart, Chili's, Home Depot, et. al. There are also lots of shops going in a few miles to the north on Ellsworth and Rittenhouse, plus more on Ironwood/Gantzel which is also a few miles north of Johnson Ranch.
The roads leading in and out of the area are rather iffy, but I recently read that Gary Rd. is to be widened and hopefully sooner than later.
So I guess you could say that currently you would have to drive to Gilbert or other cities to get to a lot of these amenities for now, but within a year or so just about everything should be within a stone's throw.

Old 01-08-2008, 03:20 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,329,063 times
All that retail is great, but are there any plans to widen Hunt Hwy to 4 or 6 lanes any time within the next century?

Old 01-08-2008, 03:24 PM

110 posts, read 323,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
All that retail is great, but are there any plans to widen Hunt Hwy to 4 or 6 lanes any time within the next century?
I certainly hope so! Check this out: http://co.pinal.az.us/PubWorks/Eng_P...cts_121007.pdf

Old 01-29-2008, 06:12 PM

2 posts, read 8,129 times
Talking Opinion on living in Johnson Ranch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottygirl View Post

Cheers!
At first moving to Johnson Ranch was wonderful. Afterwhile, with our commute to work and such it has caught up to us. Now we regret buying out so far.

The area is beautiful and there are plenty of places to get groceries. If you don't have to commute to work then this is a pretty nice place to be. With all the building not that far away you really won't have to drive too far to get clothes and furniture.

Since this will be a winter home and it is a buyers market, GO FOR IT. I would only talk people out of moving out here if they had to commute to the city for work and/or school. Otherwise, it is an ideal location for a winter home.

I hope this helps!

Old 05-19-2009, 10:10 AM

15 posts, read 53,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songstress View Post
Hello,

We are thinking Queen Creek to relocate to from Michigan and I have heard a lot of negatives from people who live near it, but not in it.
I'd like some input from past/current residents or even people who know someone who actually lives there.

We live about an hour outside of Ann Arbor and are used to it being rural, so that is not a problem. I do not mind driving to town for things.
I hear gilbert is decent sized and close, but building up fast. It might still be an option. Also input on Gilbert?

I am wondering if anyone has a favorable view as far as living in Queen creek?
Schools?
Homes?
Activities?
Please any input is helpful.
I am an AZ native...I would def go for Gilbert...it is more convenient to get freeway access and the schools are better.

I have lived in Queen Creek for 4 years now...its not bad but in transition since the housing boom flopped. If you are wanting a big house for small amount of money Queen Creek is your town! But keep in mind the schools are not the greatest (my husband is a teacher), and if you plan on working in Phx, Gilbert, Mesa or any town besides Coolidge and Florence it is going to be quite a commute...it takes about 30 minutes to get to the 60 and 202 (popular freeway). The roads are not the best out here, still alot of 4 way stop signs and 2 lane roads. But we do have Walmarts, Targets, grocery stores, fast food and others.
If you plan on working out here in Queen Creek, Coolidge or Florence, def go for Queen Creek...Gilbert is a better town though...alot nicer. Hope I helped you a little bit with all my rambling

Old 05-21-2009, 09:56 AM

15 posts, read 53,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison31 View Post
I have never seen a scorpion out here. An exterminator once told me that he did not have people complain about scorpions out in Queen Creek.
I am an AZ native and lived in Queen Creek for 4 years. There are scorpions in Queen Creek...I have only seen 4 in my 28 years living here...which all 4 were in Queen Creek. But I know growing up in Mesa/Chandler some of my friends had scorpions in their homes. Just have pest control and you should be ok, we had a problem in our bathroom they treated the area never saw one again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area