Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 11:13 AM

264 posts, read 1,596,019 times

Advertisements

Looking to re-surface my pool, deck and maybe some other minor enhancements. Has anyone used or considered Shasta to build a new pool or re-surface an existing. Any feedback, good or bad, appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2008, 04:09 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,221,448 times
We recently shopped all the major pool builders in PHX and settled on Presidential Pools. I liked what Shasta had but they were very expensive. I got a high-end pool with extras with Presidential for the price of a basic pool with Shasta. Now, my pool has not been built yet so I can't comment on the buidling process or the quality, however, we visited Presidential originally off of the recommendation of two people who were very satisfied with the entire process.

Old 03-04-2008, 08:53 PM

4 posts, read 20,387 times
I agree. When we have moved in to Waddell, Arizona, we went and spoke with Shasta salesperson. Everything was fine except for the price. We visited 4 different pool companies and decided on Presidential pools, their price was $10,000 lower for the same pool when compared to shasta.

Old 03-04-2008, 11:14 PM

919 posts, read 3,395,257 times
Get five quotes and then find one of the labor crew leaders who will give you a much better deal. Do you think the pool companies have a huge staff? Heck no. They go out and round up labor for each job. Find the key guy who rounds up that labor and get him engaged. The re-did my pool and got all the parts at cost (half price) and I just paid for the fair labor. His crew simply wanted another job on the weekend. They get their bread and butter from the folks buying pools from the builders.

Old 03-05-2008, 07:54 AM

264 posts, read 1,596,019 times
Default quotes

I got 5 quotes and the most expensive was Paddock. Shasta is in line with all the other smaller companies.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:09 AM

172 posts, read 252,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolagirl View Post
I got 5 quotes and the most expensive was Paddock. Shasta is in line with all the other smaller companies.
If Shasta is in line with the smaller guys I'd go with them. They are reputable and have been in the Valley for decades. If you have a warranty or workmanship issue it's better to deal with an established company than fight it out with a guy who works out of his truck and can change his companies name tomorrow if needed.

Old 03-05-2008, 03:41 PM

738 posts, read 1,884,196 times
Had a Paddock Pool when I lived in Mesa.
Had a Shasta when I lived in Gilbert.

The Shasta kept splitting w/ the pebble tech and the cleaning power was not as powerful as our Paddock was. Especially when the dust storms hit. Fine dust. We paid $20,000 for the Shasta.

I prefer a Paddock. You get what you pay for.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:34 PM

41 posts, read 164,398 times
We built with Shasta 2 years ago. I had friends using other pool builders that weren't as big and the process was taking forever (over a year). Our pool was finished 6 weeks after they broke ground. They were very easy to work with. We had some problem with the electrician they sent where work wasn't done properly, but they were sent back to fix the work very quickly with one easy phone call.

They weren't more expensive than the other builders. You just have to make sure you are comparing apples to apples (i.e. self-cleaning vs. self-cleaning, salt vs. salt or chlorine vs. chlorine).

Old 03-20-2008, 01:59 PM

2,039 posts, read 6,322,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolagirl View Post
Looking to re-surface my pool, deck and maybe some other minor enhancements. Has anyone used or considered Shasta to build a new pool or re-surface an existing. Any feedback, good or bad, appreciated.
We have Shasta (30K gallons!) and we have not had a problem at all! We have the inground cleaning system and it works great. We also use the Hayward too. It's especially helpful since the pool is a bit big and it climbs right up the sides!

Old 06-17-2008, 06:55 PM

1 posts, read 7,979 times
Default Shaft pool thieves

Get the hint? Two and a half years later, they still have not followed the contract to the end. My salt system has failed three times. I'll never ask Shafta to my property again. I've soaked the chlorinator myself three times. The third has not worked. I need to replace the device. Guess where the only place is to get one? Right. back to the Shafta theives. DON'T DO IT. BUY ELSEWHERE. Were I not watching the installation daily, I would have not been able to get them to redo the horrible tile work done by an unsupervised group that had no tile experience. The surround is cracking in six locations. The pop up heads have failed SEVEN times in the two years of operation. I taught myself to repair the pop ups. The aforementioned salt system is #%*$%#$@!###$.I had a supposed vice president in my home promising the world. Jack #^$%& was done. SALES,SALES,SALES is the only goal. Drown yourself before buying from these $^%&^*&.
Sincerely
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area