Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 03:20 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,092,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
I know my husband would love to live someone with snow but me I can't deal with it. So far so good for him here in Charlotte he hasn't had an allergies so far. By this time of year in Phoenix it was horrible for him. We are headed to the coast of SC I sure hope that will be ok for him, I'll keep my fingers crossed. But I do know he was developing severe breathing problems in that dry climate and don't think he could have lived there much longer. The longer we were out there it got worse and worse for him. But this is not the same for everyone.
coastal air should be good for him.
Regarding post, how bad is bad? A lot of kids with allergies move here and get asthma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2007, 09:25 AM

3 posts, read 6,957 times
Post Allergies & Chandler

Well, in the wet NW we had 8 months of coughing + bronchitis, Rosiola, pneumonia, and a host of typical aliments picked up since my 3 yr old's immune system was beaten down fighting the allergen. So, we were hoping a move to AZ would fix things.

We just spent 3 weeks in NM (I heard it was a similar desert climate but at altitude), and magically all coughing and sicknesses went away. So, we are optimistic that AZ would be better than here as well. I think.

Old 07-08-2007, 09:45 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,092,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by attorney View Post
Well, in the wet NW we had 8 months of coughing + bronchitis, Rosiola, pneumonia, and a host of typical aliments picked up since my 3 yr old's immune system was beaten down fighting the allergen. So, we were hoping a move to AZ would fix things.

We just spent 3 weeks in NM (I heard it was a similar desert climate but at altitude), and magically all coughing and sicknesses went away. So, we are optimistic that AZ would be better than here as well. I think.
The only really difference is we have more dust and pollution. If he did well in NM though I would think he would do well here. It really all depends on what his triggers are. There are tons of rental homes here, you might just want to try it out for a year or two and see. It also depends were in NM you were to be able to compare. You can also google some of your questions and see what comes up for AZ and NM. I'm sorry you have to go through all this but it might be one of those things you'll have to try out.

Old 07-08-2007, 04:56 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,631,462 times
Great site for info to compare city air qualities:

Air Compare | AIRNow | US EPA

Old 07-08-2007, 05:01 PM

If you click on "county comparisions", you can compare multiple counties within different states to each other. Pretty nifty.

Old 07-09-2007, 12:27 AM

3 posts, read 6,957 times
Default Thanks!

Thanks! I will take a look.

Old 07-09-2007, 10:17 AM

By the way, the "Phoenix" metro area covers two counties, Maricopa and Pinal. There's a HUGE difference in the air quality between the two counties. Be sure to select both counties when doing a PHX to another city comparison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: