Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 10:38 AM

82 posts, read 205,675 times

Advertisements

Right on Kdog, I am not talking about hunting in the pastures of a dairy farm in NC, although I think it is morally irresponsible to kill an animal just because someone has a problem with his cattle, this is what is called the cost of doing business and this person can find an easier way of dealing with this problem then killing. Twiggy...you need help if this is your answer to this problem. Here in AZ coyotes roam free, they take care of our vermon and rabbit over population, very rarely threaten humans, none that I have heard or read about and are very cool to observe, try doing that before killing one.... You should know this before moving here and if you really love your pet will seek better ways to protect them then killing another animal...it's called fences people...buy one install it problem solved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2010, 01:20 PM

641 posts, read 2,366,983 times
Maybe consider a Great Pyrenees .
I have one.

They are GREAT with kids, small dogs , cats etc.

They will scare away a coyote and even kill it if it comes on your property.

They are flock guardians. Wonderful with their family, very laid back, nocturnal dog. They will give their life to defend you and your property.

Coyotes and Wolves are their natural enemy.

I know people that have them to protect their farms from coyotes.

Old 10-10-2010, 07:35 PM

418 posts, read 1,312,452 times
I was going to say not to put an ice rink in your backyard. But then I thought you might not be talking about those kinds of coyotes.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:58 AM

77 posts, read 127,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amatrine View Post
Maybe consider a Great Pyrenees .
I have one.

They are GREAT with kids, small dogs , cats etc.

They will scare away a coyote and even kill it if it comes on your property.

They are flock guardians. Wonderful with their family, very laid back, nocturnal dog. They will give their life to defend you and your property.

Coyotes and Wolves are their natural enemy.

I know people that have them to protect their farms from coyotes.

I was going to say the exact same thing. Get a Great Pyrenees. I am a cat person, but a Great Pyrenees wondered into my yard ten years ago and I fell in love with its disposition. I finally got one for myself three years ago and they are smart, loving, loyal, love kids, cats, small animals and are very keen when it comes to the sights, smells and sounds of a coyote even if they aren't brought up on a ranch guarding flocks since they were puppies. My Great Pyrenees saw a coyote at the dog park and went beserk patrolling the perimeter of the fence line. There are lots of ranchers who use them to protect their flocks and herds and my cats love their protector!! And everywhere you go people wil come up to you to ask about that big, white fluffy dog that they all swear is a polar bear!

Old 10-12-2010, 09:26 PM

3,886 posts, read 10,082,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sells500 View Post
Right on Dog, I am not talking about hunting in the pastures of a dairy farm in NC, although I think it is morally irresponsible to kill an animal just because someone has a problem with his cattle, this is what is called the cost of doing business and this person can find an easier way of dealing with this problem then killing. Twiggy...you need help if this is your answer to this problem. Here in AZ coyotes roam free, they take care of our vermin and rabbit over population, very rarely threaten humans, none that I have heard or read about and are very cool to observe, try doing that before killing one.... You should know this before moving here and if you really love your pet will seek better ways to protect them then killing another animal...it's called fences people...buy one install it problem solved.
The original post was talking about them jumping over his fence to kill his dog.
I should observe that? First?
I don't think so, so let me get this straight, hunting them to protect a dairy farm of cows you let someone else torture and kill so you can eat a steak or have some of their kids milk is fine or, a little ok, but shooting one that comes into your yard and eats your dog isn't? If I went into their den they would try and kill me, and I would expect it. They don't think of themselves as fuzzy sort of pet coyotes. They know they could be hurt jumping over that fence, and so would we.
Watch some animal planet.

I'm a vegetarian and it never ceases to amaze me, watching people who protect the local wild life from being killed by a home owner if they come into their yard, to kill one of their pets, while they munch down on a cow or pig. I mean, I think it makes a lot more sense to shoot an animal that's attacking your dog then wait in line at the butcher. I think hunters that kill meat for food are way more humane than people who eat Micky D's as well.
If you are not a vegan, then just stop rambling, if you are then, understand that I think of myself as an animal too. If a coyote was going into a bears territory to get some of his food, he would be killed as well. Law of the land. I wouldn't just go target shooting coyotes, is that really what you got from that post?
I understand they are cute, and look like dogs, but they are not dogs and if you start letting them jump fences and eating pets, one day you will have a yard full of coyotes, and one might get your little kid by mistake. All animals, including them, stake territory. We are no different.
But, I'll look into something being wrong with me, just for you, ok!

Last edited by twiggy; 10-12-2010 at 09:41 PM..

Old 10-12-2010, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Do you kill everyone walking down the road who looks like they may be a hungry robber?

If you have a fenced in yard, and a coyote manages to get into it, then have at it. If you don't have a fenced in yard, and you've got scruffy chained up on a leash, which is the moral equivalent of Purina Coyote Chow, then you don't have a leg to stand on. 99% of coyotes will do you no harm. So there's no point in trying to eradicate coyotes off the face of the earth simply because you're paranoid.
Well, um, no, I wouldn't and I wouldn't kill coyotes that I saw walking down the street either unless it started to attack someone first. But, if it started jumping into my yard, I wouldn't just observe it eating fluffy. Thats stupid!

If I had fluffy on my lawn, and a guy came into my yard and started kicking it, and choking it, I might shoot him. But, I guess you would just understand that he was mentally ill and needed help, try and talk to him gently, and let him kill your dog and then go about his way because he is human after all and deserves to be on this land too. Fluffy was just like baiting him, because he really needed to kick a dog that day to get rid of his frustration.

I know, we are smarter right? Thats what you're thinking? Thats why we have pets, animals we keep hostage and make them depend on us for food and do cute tricks right? Because we are so much smarter than a coyote. haha Right! We cage animals all their lives for our food source, and pay others to murder them, cuz we have the brains. Oh, and we hate people who go hunting, they are sooooo brutal, right? What ever, I guess I'm just really cold hearted. Right? And, let me guess, you had a nice big juicy steak tonight, Right? ha ha You go dog!

Old 10-12-2010, 10:09 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,835,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
And, let me guess, you had a nice big juicy steak tonight, Right? ha ha You go dog!
I don't eat red meat, but thanks for playing. And since you're delving into personal attacks now, I guess you're out of legitimate points to make.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:18 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,632,328 times
Attach this http://0.tqn.com/d/politicalhumor/1/...e-animated.gif to a pole and put it in your back yard.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
Attach this http://0.tqn.com/d/politicalhumor/1/...e-animated.gif to a pole and put it in your back yard.
Now that would work!!!! Rolling funny!

Old 10-12-2010, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
I don't eat red meat, but thanks for playing. And since you're delving into personal attacks now, I guess you're out of legitimate points to make.
Aw, poor chickens!
Kidding, sorry, didn't mean to personally attack you dude, just think you all are going into a silly topic, and I'm sort of a smart ass. It doesn't really have anything to do with the thread and I was just giving my opinion, sorry you don't like it. I don't know what your definition of legitimate points are or how that even pertains to your opinions but what the heck, I guess I don't. All out, think this is silly and has nothing to do with the thread.

Last edited by twiggy; 10-12-2010 at 11:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area